SC Midlands Tag-o-rama

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by Land, May 23, 2010.

1. Land

Land Wanderer

Oddometer:
    Welcome to the SC Midlands Tag-o-rama!

Dillon, Marlboro, Chesterfield, Darlington, Lee, Kershaw, Sumter, Clarendon, Richland, Calhoun, Orangeburg, Lexington, Aiken, Barnwell, Bamberg, Allendale, Lancaster, York, <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City><st1:place>Chester</st1:place></st1:City>, Newberry, and <st1:City><st1:place>Fairfield</st1:place></st1:City> counties.

The game is simple, the rules are easy, and the goal is to get people out riding.

With that goal in mind, please don't make the clues so hard that we have to surf longer on the net than we have to ride to get the tag. Heck, you can go ahead and tell people exactly where the tag is if you want, but do be aware that some people like a clever challenge.

Here are the rules. (And, yeah, they're mostly plagiarized from other tag games.)

1. File photos can be used to place a tag; they can't be used to claim a tag. Tags must be placed in
    Dillon, Marlboro, Chesterfield, Darlington, Lee, Kershaw, Sumter, Clarendon, Richland, Calhoun, Orangeburg, Lexington, Aiken, Barnwell, Bamberg, Allendale, Lancaster, York, <st1:City><st1:place>Chester</st1:place></st1:City>, Newberry, and <st1:City><st1:place>Fairfield</st1:place></st1:City> counties.
    2. Try to duplicate the tag-placement photo as closely as possible with your bike when you claim a tag. The "grab, "claim," "I got it," whatever-you-call-it photo of the tag should be as close to the previous tag as possible. The tag placer needs to make sure that the photo can be shot be anyone on any bike. The tagger's bike needs to be in the photo. A road that is maintained and legal to ride is fair game. Gravel or not.
    3. When you claim the tag, tell us where the tag was.
    4. NO WHINING ABOUT IT BEING TOO FAR.
    5. The tag must be findable. If a tag is standing for too long, you will be asked to post a clue or a new tag.
    6. The new tag must be posted no later than six hours of the posting of your grab, or you will forfeit your tag to the previous tagger. Let's keep the game moving.
    7. HE WHO POSTS FIRST WINS. It doesn't matter if you got to it first, the person who posts first wins the tag. (Laptops with cell modems and smart phones and other whiz-bang gizmos really help here.)
    8. A working link to a photo is acceptable for short periods of time. It's sometimes hard to code HTML on the side of the road, so if you post up a link to a working picture, then it counts. Next time you're at a real computer, please edit it so that the picture shows up in the thread.

All rules are subject to change if the larger part of the inmates think that it should change and/or there is a darned good reason to change them.

That's pretty much it.

Remember, the South Carolina Midlands Tag-o-rama is played in Dillon, Marlboro, Chesterfield, Darlington, Lee, Kershaw, Sumter, Clarendon, Richland, Calhoun, Orangeburg, Lexington, Aiken, Barnwell, Bamberg, Allendale, Lancaster, York, <st1:City><st1:place>Chester</st1:place></st1:City>, Newberry, and <st1:City><st1:place>Fairfield</st1:place></st1:City> counties.

Here's a nice color-coded map that caycek5 made up that shows the boundaries. (Thanks, caycek5:clap)
    [​IMG]
    This game includes the counties in Yellow and Orange.

Green is the Upstate territory

Yellow is the Midlands territory

Orange is the overlap between the Upstate and the Midlands

Turquoise is the Lowcountry territory

Have fun and ride safely.

Let's go play TAG!!:clap
  2. Land

Land Wanderer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

On the river in Cayce.:evil

Chris
  3. cbolling

cbolling Here...Hold my Beer.

Oddometer:
    :wave
  4. French

French Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Ohhhh! IT hurts. I've seen that and know just where it is. I moved away from Cola. to Greenville(Easley) 12 years ago. On Monday nights at the Art Bar in the Vista they have a small European bike night gathering and I coooould kill two birds with one stone. Props on the regional Tag o rama lama, ding dongs!
  5. bonegrl

bonegrl n00biest of n00bs

Oddometer:
    This TOR looks to be a little more doable for my newbie skills....I don't like to venture too far from home without a partner.
  6. JackalHack

JackalHack Perpetually confused

Oddometer:
    Thanks Land! This is just what I needed - like Ryan, if I see something awesome, I can go there myself or maybe take the fam. Not so doable if the tag is near Walhalla or Beaufort!
  7. caycek5

caycek5 Bionic Man, got Ti

Oddometer:
    I recently saw this episode of The Big Bang Theory and thought of it when I saw the threads you started Land. I'll bet it is probably easier dealing with your students than us isn't it? It is all a trick to make everyone a happy family again, I hope it works. I am sure it will.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mdMaZlWkK8o&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mdMaZlWkK8o&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I am all for the regional versions of the game. I just felt the unveiling of the upstate game was ill timed. Anyhow moving on as hojo in sc stated this is just an opportunity to claim all of the tags.

What I would like to see amended is Fairfield and Newberry counties added to the midlands counties. Historically these counties have been included in the midlands. They have also been where the midlanders have been fairly active tagging, as it is the area that the roads start to get interesting. Personally I would not mind handing over several counties to the other regions. I saw Claredon County was inquired about in the Lowcountry TOR. So as these games are just starting up now would/could be the time to enact any changes. I would also like to see the Upstate TOR to have its area defined by counties not highways. This is a proposal of what I would like to see.

[​IMG]

Any comments?

Legal disclaimer:
    Settlement class members may join in, object to or request exclusion from the settlement. If you are within the Settlement Class and do not request exclusion by pick a date it is all for fun anyway, you will be bound by the settlement as approved by the Court and will not be able to bring a gripe with respect to the subject matter of this agreement.

Here is the colored representation of the various SC state tag games boundaries.

Here is the current arrangement of the tag games.

Green is the Upstate territory

Yellow is the Midlands territory

Orange is the overlap between the Upstate and the Midlands

Turquoise is the Lowcountry territory

[​IMG]
  8. caycek5

Oddometer:
    Grab, the Guignard brick kilns. The first tag I posted in the state game and when I met Land.:clap

[​IMG]

I'm working on the new tag photo. I have to try to lighten it, it showed up a little dark because of the weather.
  9. caycek5

Oddometer:
    New Tag

[​IMG]

I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream.
  10. Land

Land Wanderer

Oddometer:
    Nice, job, Ryan.:clap

I think that I've found your new tag on Google, but I don't think that I have time to get down there today -- or tomorrow.

Chris
  11. caycek5

Oddometer:
    There are several of this resturant in town, but only one has such a visual feature.
  12. JackalHack

JackalHack Perpetually confused

Oddometer:
    I found it - now I need to ride there...
  13. ricepaddy

ricepaddy Ronin

Oddometer:
    Just found the Midlands TOR. This looks like fun and I won't have to spend four or five hours in the saddle to get a tag. Rice--
  14. ricepaddy

ricepaddy Ronin

Oddometer:
    Zesto in Cayce at 12th. St. and B Ave.

[​IMG]

Just north of this on 12th. street in an old shopping center is Taqueria Jasmin an authentic mexican eatery. I'll have my new tag up in time to conform with the rules just as soon as I actually read the rulles. Rice--:lol3
  15. ricepaddy

ricepaddy Ronin

Oddometer:
    Continuing the restaurant theme, I present you with this new tag.

[​IMG]

Clue: On a map, draw a straight line between the towns of Sandy Run and Kitchings Mill. You will find this little town along that line on a major north/south highway. It is well within the Midlands TOR boundaries.

Good luck and happy motorcycling. Rice-- :D
  16. caycek5

Oddometer:
    Are you looking for something like this?:lol3 Google grab.

Attached Files:

17. ricepaddy

ricepaddy Ronin

Oddometer:
    Caycek5,
    I am not the one looking for the tag - you are and for some strange reason, I have the feeling that you are going to get bruced on this one. Rice--:lol3
  18. caycek5

Oddometer:
    Let's see I posted a google grab, so therefore it would stand to reason that I would know where the tag is. If you would like I will post the location of your tags with my GOOGLE grabs, I would be willing to do that for you.:lol3

I'm not going for this tag for a bit. It is close enough you would have seen a grab photo. Why do you think I'm going to be bruced did you tell your brother to hurry up and head out?
  19. wawarides

wawarides where's Laura0107? Supporter

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hilltop Cafe on US Hwy 321 in Swansea.
  20. wawarides

wawarides where's Laura0107? Supporter

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Clue is in the photo.