It's war against MCs in Toronto!!!

Discussion in 'The Perfect Line and Other Riding Myths' started by theshnizzle, Sep 15, 2013.

1. waveydavey

waveydavey happy times!! Supporter

Oddometer:
    you started it. dufus.
  2. JimVonBaden

JimVonBaden "Cool" Aid!

Oddometer:
    I was responding to his comment about equal enforcement of "existing" rules. You really are a tool!:norton

Jim :brow
  3. waveydavey

Oddometer:
    dufus. never heard of load pipes?:snore
  4. Steve G.

Steve G. Long timer

Oddometer:
    Name calling,,,,,,it's all so pitiful in this day and age.
  5. windmill

windmill Long timer

Oddometer:
    Does anybody really want the "existing rules" enforced"?

The "existing rules" say absolutely no tampering with the emission system.

Targeted enforcement seems like the better option.
  6. Robert OK

Robert OK Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What level is that rule on (state, federal, municipal, etc.)?

At any rate, targeted sounds good. Might as well target those cars with the boom boxes while they're at it.
  7. JimVonBaden

JimVonBaden "Cool" Aid!

Oddometer:

I'm OK with it! :deal

The rules for the FED are very clear, no new rules needed.

Jim :brow
  8. eatpasta

eatpasta Lawnmower Target Supporter

Oddometer:
    if we didn't have so many dumbfucks, we wouldn't need so many rules. Unfortunately this country has a whole lot of dumbfucks
  9. mountaincadre

mountaincadre Long timer

Oddometer:
    Can't all you just get on,:D think of the children:rofl, and on that note i'm offski.
  10. waveydavey

Oddometer:

hey thanks!!
  11. Red9

Red9 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    :norton

Yeah...
    There are no sport bikes with aftermarket pipes in BC...
    Or any off road idiots encroaching on private land or screaming through the parks.

You're a fricking idiot.
  12. Steve G.

Steve G. Long timer

Oddometer:

Golly,,personal name calling,,,,,geez, you've pulled out your big hammer havn't you? Guess I better watch out.
    Never once have I not excluded idiotic squids with open pipes on the sportbikes. As for offroad bikes on private and public lands, while not right, will never garner even a small percentile the backlash of non motorcycling voting public like a pirate blipping his big twin in typical attention garnering fashion at a city stop light or near an open air coffee shop.

I'll assume you ride big twin regularly in typical urban fashion. My sincere condolences for your inadequecies.
  13. Red9

Red9 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    :D
    You just keep on making generalizations and following the old herd don't you....

So let me ask you this. You're pissed off cause BC is going to start spot checking for noise limits.

Why?

If your bike is so fricking quiet it shouldn't make any difference to you.

That is.... unless maybe you got some louder aftermarket pipes on it or have a habit of blipping your throttle or maybe offroading onto private land...

Which one is it?
  14. Steve G.

Steve G. Long timer

Oddometer:

I don't follow any herd. I simply see the strong potential of the silent majority placing hindering laws against our hobby/passion because there are those out there that use their motorcycle for reasons other than riding.
    FYI, all my bikes are perfectly stock original. It would make me very unhappy if motorcycle noise testing roadblocks were implimented because of the "ilk" pointed out above, hindering the travels of those out there that DO NOT require attention to prop up inedquete personal identity confidence.
  15. triplenickel

triplenickel Long timer

Oddometer:
    Because it will be a pain in the ass to be hassled/checked even if I don't get a ticket. It also shouldn't be just motorcycles it should be the loud diesels, stupid tuner wannabes that think a fart can makes their civic a race car, and all the rednecks with straight pipes on their clapped out chevys, oddly enough after the cruiser tards the city busses are the loudest in my neighborhood.

Though I'm sure the RCP will handle this well as they've done with so much in the past.
  16. Twoupfront

Twoupfront Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm reminded of a discussion I had when it comes to planes. I asked if someone knew if I could get a TSO'd or TSC'd muffler for it, and even in an environment where noise abatement is important, apart from the blank stares, I was asked why on earth I would want to muffle the sound from it (most GA planes are straight-throughs - especially cubs, in my experience) :huh
    Apart from not being fun to listen to it myself, I couldn't, and still can't, fathom why people would purposely annoy other people who can then in turn legislate against the hobby, let alone outright ban it in certain places. Talk about short-sighted selfish behaviour and being oblivious to the bigger picture.
  17. waveydavey

Oddometer:
    I figure they will only be noise checking vehicles that seem noisy to them. Anyone who is running stock pipes is safe I bet.
  18. Zeid

Zeid Adventurer

Oddometer:
    "Yamaha R6" "Japanese Demon on two wheels" LOOOOOOOOOL, really?

The guy writing the article was probably picked on in high school, has an overly large nose, probably curly hair and I imagine him wearing exclusively khaki pants and button up shirts with the top button buttoned. He just graduated with a bachelors degree in journalism and this is his first gig. I'm surprised he even knows what a motorcycle is. I also think it's hilarious how the Harley Guys are living out their "Fast and Furious Fantasies." Dude, please... The guy has no clue and is spouting out bullcrap.
  19. waveydavey

Oddometer:
    But...But! There are all kinds of cool kids in this thread who are scared shitless because of that rabble rouser. Hopefully they get smartened up soon.
  20. Steve G.

Steve G. Long timer

Oddometer:
    I got pulled over during their last noise blitz couple yrs ago, on my bone stock Bumblebee. Heck, my ford ranger is louder.
    Yeah, it coming, and you can thank the pirates.