trip planning

Discussion in 'The Perfect Line and Other Riding Myths' started by dogslow, Aug 31, 2004.

1. dogslow

dogslow Adventurer

Oddometer:
    My wife and I are planning a 12 month anti clockwise trip of the usa starting and ending in Houston Texas.How much is the average price of gasolene (petrol) per gallon over on your side of the pond.This trip is in the very preliminary planning stage
  2. Schnell

Schnell 2 Wheeled Bliss

Oddometer:
    Prices here in Wisconsin currently are $2.10 for premium unleaded (required for my RT) and $1.91 for regular unleaded.

Ken
  3. g®eg

g®eg world's fastest drone

Oddometer:
    this might help. as you know, gas prices are always changing....
    http://www.eia.doe.gov/oil_gas/petroleum/data_publications/wrgp/mogas_home_page.html

[​IMG]
  4. zero-zero

zero-zero Horny Horned One

Oddometer:
    You might want to have some input from MikeO. You'll find him either here (Ride Reports forum, "Coming to America" thread), or at www.ukgser.com, in the GS travellers section ("MikeO's inspection of the colonies"). He'll probably have some good info and tips for you.
  5. Tray

Tray Yeah right...

Oddometer:
    $1.60 regular unleaded
    $1.80 Premium unleaded

Thats for Jackson, Mississippi and the surrounding area's. Price will vary .02-.05 depending on location of station.
  6. Gregg Wannabe

Gregg Wannabe Just killing time

Oddometer:
    Southern California and especially San Diego has I believe the highest priced gas in the nation. Premium is ~$2.30 - $2.35 right now. Why? Because we'll pay it.
  7. zero-zero

zero-zero Horny Horned One

Oddometer:
    For the record, that's just barely over half of what I pay here (and most of Europe is worse), so don't you guys go complaining. :nah
  8. ghostryder

ghostryder Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    $1.75-95 for regular here In the Atlanta area, depending on where you go.
  9. Lone Rider

Lone Rider Registered User

Oddometer:
    A flat $2 per gallon average. It makes for easy math and you'll be darn close.
  10. Vance

Vance On my meds...

Oddometer:
    On my grand canyon loop, we stopped at mostly small towns and paid up to $3.00 per gallon! It really depends upon where you stop. Most of the silicon valley and SF etc. is still $2.25 ave. for premium and that is only 91 octane.
    [​IMG]
    Good riden...

Oh...and don't forget to take 5 mpg off of your average when 2 up. I usually get 45 per gallon on slab and averaged 40 with the wife and load for a short 2150 miles. FYI