Group Buy? Terra - X chain tool.

Discussion in 'Australia' started by overlandr, Sep 28, 2012.

1. overlandr

overlandr Dystopist

Oddometer:
    UPDATED 23/10/12

Keith has sent out an email (as below) to all those that have not paid . Putting this up as a final heads up to any stragglers.

Copy of email sent:

Hi ______

Just a quick email to let you know that we will be confirming the quantity of chainbreakers that will be produced on Wednesday this week the 24th October.

We notice that your order has not been pre paid, we need this to confirm your order in the batch.

Most people have paid and confirmed their order which has enabled the special batch to go ahead, however there will not be any extra available as we are only making the qty we have confirmed, and we don’t want anyone to miss out.

Paypal is back up and running on our site, we can process your credit card via phone or email details and our bank details are below.

NAB

Name: _________

BSB: ________

Acc: ****__________

Thanks again for you interest in our tools

Cheers

Keith

End of copy

UPDATED 13/10/12

I've just heard from Keith. His paypal portal is now up and working again. There will be a final cut off this coming week for those interested in buying a chainbreaker. Apparently, not all those that expressed their interest in getting one have actually paid via his website. So, anyone whom is interested and hasn't already done so should pay via his website ASAP to secure one as this may be the last batch that he makes.

UPDATED 2nd Post at 5/10/12

Evidently, Keith's got a problem with Paypal (ebay users may be familiar with these types of problems :bluduh ). So be aware...

"Sorry to all those trying to order tools

We have had to disable the payment system on this page.

Paypal have requested some information from us concerning the sudden activity yesterday and we don’t want any more payments going in to that account.

There is no problem with the orders and payments that where made but we thought it best to stop any more.

For the time being we will need to do Card and direct deposit transactions.

Use the form to request us contact you, via phone or email, and we can conduct the transaction the old fashioned way.

Very sorry for the inconvenience

Thanks for your patience if we have your email we will mail with our details.

Thanks Keith
    "

UPDATED Post at 5/10/12

From the terra-x website:

"Terra-x Chainbreakers – New Batch Available

Chainbreakers and Tyre Levers batches are now confirmed to be made
    "

Please visit the terra-x site for more info and any updates. All those that have placed orders should have/will receive confirmations from Keith. Also, see Sleepy John's post below

UPDATED Post at 2/10/12

Keith has emailed me that the registered interest is currently up in the low 60s for the breakers.

UPDATED Post at 1/10/12

Ok Guys, this is the current update on the deal with the Terra-x chain breakers. Keith, who ran Terra-x has offered to supply the cylindrical styled chain breaker (the Mk2) with a spare pin at AUS $105 plus postage on the proviso that the batch qty is sufficient. If you are definitely interested, then please register your interest and indicate quantity of chainbreaker(s) ASAP via the terra-x website, ie:

http://terra-x.com.au/

Its NOT sufficient to just post a reply on this thread saying you want one! I know this is the way most of the ADV "Group Buy" type threads work but not in this case. I repeat, If you want one, you MUST visit the above website and register yr interest.

Keith will then let us know when the numbers are good to go - the target is 100 for all orders from ADV, DBW etc. Payment will be made direct to Keith. At the last count, initial interest via this thread was around 45. Pullsy has also started a thread over on DBW to see if others are interested in buying which should help shorten the timeframe.

Keith has also emailed:
    "I have been getting a fair bit of interest in our tyre levers and although I have said that we can't make anymore it is because of the complexity and cost of making them in Australia. There is always a point where it becomes feasible, but it does put the price up.

With that said if anyone is interested please use the form on our site and let me know, if we can get enough people I will make a batch. The downside is the price will be $100 a set which I know is a lot for tyre levers, I can however do a wheel spanner set at a discounted price to offset the cost to anyone that might want both
    "

I'll update as any more information comes to hand. Oh and BTW, here's a photo of the chain breaker.

[​IMG]

Original post (09-29-2012):

I would put my hand up for one as this is the only way (GROUP BUY) to get one, anyone else??

Check this post out.

http://advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=19673983&postcount=16

"Hi Mark
    Thanks for the order.... we don't plan on making any more tools. We have been making these since 2001 and although we have sold a lot of tools, the qty is not enough to make it viable anymore. These tools always have been made in Australia, and that obviously costs more.
    So we won't be making any more, but we have occasionally made a special batch of tools for forums that have managed to get a good amount of pre orders.
    We will still consider that if it works out OK.

Sorry I couldn't help further

Cheers
    Keith
    "
  2. El Ponkin

El Ponkin Bloodrunner

Oddometer:
    Get a price from him for Group of 10 or 20 purchase and then if the price is right "they will come"
  3. llewdaert

llewdaert Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Count me in....

I have been sorry I did not buy one when the guy was selling, so if there is another opportunity......

Cheers
  4. wairau

wairau get in behind!

Oddometer:
    I'm in too, if its a reasonable price.

Before we get too much further down the track, might be worth finding out what size order they'd need and at what price.
  5. GSnovice

GSnovice Beer me up, Scotty!

Oddometer:
    Me too - at the right price of course!
  6. 59DEN

59DEN Long timer

Oddometer:
    Great idea, just tried to use an ebay special, a waste of time, have used terra x before, count me in for 2
  7. Lemondelicous77

Lemondelicous77 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Id be in for one
  8. Mattyvas

Mattyvas Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'd be in for this also a cost of the tool would be good to know.

Thx
    Matty...
  9. nevgriff64

nevgriff64 .

Oddometer:
    Yep, if the price is right, put me down for 2. :thumb
  10. OldDog

OldDog non impediti ratione cogitationis

Oddometer:
    Bloody annoyed with myself that i missed the opportunity to get one previously so put me down for one as well!
  11. guzzimike

guzzimike Long timer

Oddometer:
    Pick me, pick me!
  12. itsgunnahurt

itsgunnahurt Gravity Enhanced!

Oddometer:
    Good idea... looking at the response in the thread, I don't think there is any issue on getting numbers required.
    Do you have any idea what size an order is needed to make it worthwhile?

Put me down for 1.
  13. Matt

Matt Dirt Virgin

Oddometer:
    :y0!
  14. overlandr

overlandr Dystopist

Oddometer:
    Looks like there's some interest so I've emailed him to get an idea on a minimum order and prices.
  15. Mtrain

Mtrain free range

Oddometer:
    Put me down for one as well.
  16. prestonpaul

prestonpaul What?

Oddometer:
    Me 2 :D
  17. Sleepy John

Sleepy John Grumpy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    In
  18. mytmav

mytmav bike & fourby junky

Oddometer:
    Me two for two please, do they still do the tyre irons as well ?
  19. davorallyfan

davorallyfan Commonist Supporter

Oddometer:
    yes in.
  20. Dr AT

Dr AT Long timer

Oddometer:
    Add me to the list, I lost mine when the bumbag went walkabout.:cry