Tiger XC accessories / farkles thread

Discussion in 'Triumph Tigers' started by Xcountry-Rider, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Xcountry-Rider

Xcountry-Rider Banned

Oddometer:
    Pine Valley, California (San Diego County)
  2. Dubl-A

Dubl-A SuckerDucker

Oddometer:
    The Pivot's look tight for the price!
  3. Xcountry-Rider

Xcountry-Rider Banned

Oddometer:
    I'm thinking the same thing. Once you compare them all and the prices i think Pivot Pegs come out on top.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
  4. Xcountry-Rider

Xcountry-Rider Banned

Oddometer:
    A video on the Pivot Pegs and a link for more info..

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wVNyWOCEKwo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

A a little info from the d Tiger 800 mega thread
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  5. fbj913

fbj913 Adventure Aficionado

Oddometer:
    i had the pivot pegs and hated them. from the inside of the bike outward they are too small. it made my foot feel like it was going to roll off when standing. i would try the triumph ones if i tried again. or maybe buy the weld on type and just modify the stock pegs.
  6. fbj913

Oddometer:
    oh yeah and, if i remember right, if you look at the measurements of the pivot compared to stock they are about the same when it comes to length. the problem i could see was that the peg started a little closer to the connection point so the actual usable amount of peg is less. if that makes since...
  7. Xcountry-Rider

Xcountry-Rider Banned

Oddometer:
    The length on the stock pegs is fine its the width that needs increased.
  8. fbj913

Oddometer:
    right. with the pivots you go opposite of the stocks. you get wider but reduce the length (usable length).
  9. Xcountry-Rider

Xcountry-Rider Banned

Oddometer:
    So you think the SW Mototech pegs are the best deal?
  10. Xcountry-Rider

Xcountry-Rider Banned

Oddometer:
    The SW Mototech foot pegs are 15mm lower than stock pegs.

[​IMG]
  11. fbj913

Oddometer:
    not sure, i've only tried the pivot pegs.
  12. Xcountry-Rider

Xcountry-Rider Banned

Oddometer:
    The Touratech foot pegs look ridiculously over priced. The Touratech name does not increase the value in my book. I can't seem to find any measurements on the Triumph after market pegs. They look nice but wondering how wide they are.

Two Wheel Pro's has the Triumph Pegs shipped for 146.80.

Subtotal: $137.85
    Shipping & Handling: $8.95
    Total: $146.80
  13. Riot

Riot Tiger Rider

Oddometer:
    Also struggling with this .... The pivot pegs move your foot closer to the gear/brake levers too.
    As I have bigish feet with a high arch this creates a clearance issue for me.
  14. motosickle2000

motosickle2000 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Go with Pivot Pegz. I tried the SW Motech and they are very slippery when wet. The stock rubber pegs are less slippery.

The pivot pegs are very well built and the pivot function is really nice. With wider pegs, you feet will rock on the pegs if they don't pivot.
  15. Xcountry-Rider

Xcountry-Rider Banned

Oddometer:
    You've tried both the Pivot and the SW Mototech?
  16. motosickle2000

motosickle2000 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yes, I bought the SW Motech pegs first and did not like them. The pivot pegs are much nicer IMHO.
  17. Xcountry-Rider

Xcountry-Rider Banned

Oddometer:
    Does anyone have the Triumph pegs? Anything you can tell us about them? Pics would be useful to compare to the original pegs.
  18. Kawidad

Kawidad Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey Doof, thanks for including pictures and links in this thread. It makes it much easier to get information. :beer
  19. backwoodsKLR

backwoodsKLR Ride more, Post Less.

Oddometer:
    I have been reading numerous threads on numerous forums about farkles for a Tiger 800XC. I am close to pulling the trigger on a new one and am looking for advice on which factory farkles are good and which are better going aftermarket. I hear you can sometimes negotiate a discount if ordered at the time of purchase or at least get free installation from dealer...

All of the information I've found has been spread out among threads dedicated to each farkle so I'm looking for everything in one concise list...

I am pretty sure I want the factory foglights and heated grips.

But what about the factory sump guard, engine protection bars, center stand, adjustable high screen, headlight guard, radiator guard, etc.

How do these stack up price and feature wise against after market options from touratec, sw-motech, and others? :deal

Thanks!
  20. jphish

jphish Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm sure you'll get lots of "advice" here - So prepare yourself. What works, for me anyway (NOTE - My tiger has taken a few 'naps' so have beta tested some of the protection items) : Triumph engine guards, heated grips, fog lights, centerstand, sumpguard (tho some claim inadequate oilfilter protection - I've not had any issues) headlight protector (tho they aint easy to clean behind) & tall windscreen (adequate for me & better than stock - tho I think Madstad or Palmer offers a bit more wind protection for taller folks) Summation - Triumph optional parts are well made & quite adequate - are they the "best"? Dont know - have no personal experience to compare to. I went with Touratech sidestand foot & radiator protection. When I got my 11' XC 18 mos ago - there simply wasnt much aftermarket available yet, so you may find many more options than I had to choose from. Do Overs: About the only thing I will change, is to aquire a Palmer screen & brackets - much more adjustable than Tiger tall screen. Was very pleased with Palmer set up on both My Uly & Girlie. Others claim Madstad is way to go - looks like a fine product - but I'll stay with what I KNOW works for me. Good luck sorting through the Emporium of options. Cheers, j