A friend in dental hygienist school needs your mouth

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by big_lv, Feb 20, 2013.

1. big_lv

big_lv Long timer

Oddometer:
    But only if you haven't had a cleaning in a long time... the longer the better. She specifically needs someone with periodontal disease.

If you don't want to announce to the world on this thread that you have issues, PM me, and I can get you in touch with her.

Here's the details...

She has to perform a certain list of procedures and types of cleaning to graduate school, and if she doesn't get this type of patient, she will have to live in Rangely for a while longer until she can get someone.

As you noticed above, she's at the dental school in Rangely, Co, so anyone that volunteers for this has to be willing to drive to Rangely to have their teeth cleaned. I'm sure you can work out the schedule with her.

I don't know if there is any cost associated with this other than you getting yourself to Rangely. She hasn't mentioned that the cleaning costs anything, but I'm sure you can discuss that with her if you like.

Hopefully one of you fine inmates with your pearly whites will help her graduate this spring. :D
  2. 9Realms

9Realms Drawn in by the complex plot

Oddometer:
    But is it safe? :puke1

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dG5Qk-jB0D4?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sorry, but you knew that was coming, right?

I bet the experience would be just fine.
  3. big_lv

big_lv Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm sure everything will be fine, but I've never had her treat me. I think they get graded on the patient experience, so there's a real interest in not hurting anyone.

And before anyone reads too much into that... she's never treated me, because I already have a dentist, and I have regular cleanings, so I've never been one of the people that she needs. No, my teeth aren't perfect, I'm just not what she needs.
  4. ROAD DAMAGE

ROAD DAMAGE Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Sounds like a good opportunity for a "ride and clean and ride"!

Afterward, I'd hope to look like this ............:D
  5. thump_co

thump_co ..ouch

Oddometer:
    That may take more intervention: :pope

:lol2
  6. big_lv

big_lv Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've asked for contact information that she's willing to let me post on here...
  7. big_lv

big_lv Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ok... You have to call the school at (970) 675-3250 and ask to be scheduled with Traci. Her last name is Vogler.
  8. big_lv

big_lv Long timer

Oddometer:
    I just found out that she would like to see an individual twice so that she can see improvement, but even making it out there once would be a huge help.

And I appreciate your help too. :clap
  9. Tellydoug

Tellydoug Troubador of joy

Oddometer:
    I'd be up for a trip to Rangely for a cleaning, I'll give them a call. I used to do Beauty School Roulette for haircuts back in Durango.

Hopefully it'd work better than last week when I let the Nurse Practitioner student stitch me up in the ER.... The one first stitch the Doc put in held, but the "student stitches" all pulled out at 3-4 days.... Oopsie! I made him re-do one that I knew wasn't deep enough, but I thought the rest would hold.:dunno
  10. modette

modette Rider

Oddometer:
    Does this come with free laughing gas?
  11. modette

modette Rider

Oddometer:
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/v_VU1q7czkE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  12. Narsisco Lopez

Narsisco Lopez Addlepated

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]