DR350 Thread

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by leonphelps, May 16, 2007.

1. MrPulldown

MrPulldown Long timer

Oddometer:
    Who said any of us are gentle men?
  2. kobukan

kobukan almost gnarly

Oddometer:
    +1
  3. mustangwagz

mustangwagz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ride on my friend! haha, SOunds like you got the same perspective as i do! have fun while ya can..cuz some day...we wont be able too! lol
  4. Royce Cochran

Royce Cochran was 2bold2getold

Oddometer:
    Look out now. Out here on the range we don't wanta hear no stinkin discouraging words. :huh
  5. High Country Herb

High Country Herb Adventure Connoiseur

Oddometer:
    So my wife is looking at a 1996 DR350SE to buy. I think it has lowering links, because the bikes sits nearly vertical when resting on the side stand (side stand is too long). Once she is comfortable with the bike, we will likely raise it back up, so we don't want to cut the OEM stand. Does someone sell a shorter stand like they do for the DR650?

...and yes, I googled, used the advrider search feature, and everything else I could think of.
  6. AaronK

AaronK Grumpy Grumperson

Oddometer:
    http://www.manracks.com/#!kickstand-service/cgwa
    ManRacks Adjustable side stand. I have done business before with him, I purchased a DR650 rear rack. The rack is solid and I look forward to doing business with him again. Maybe these... http://www.manracks.com/#!suzuki-dr350/c1h0l Stainless Steel Tie Downs.
  7. mustangwagz

Oddometer:
    True true, Your right man! my bad.. i appologize..

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for always responding! I posted over in the pre96 DR650 forum and am yet to see anyone else post or reply..lol which sucks but oh well. ill share with yinz. My brother bought a 93 DR650S with almost 3300 miles on it for 1200 bucks....going over it and gettin all the stuff cleaned and prepped to go. best thing was watching him try to kick start it...lol for me its no issue at all, but till he got used to it....it was interesting. all the DR's seem to be same!! hahaha. anyhow, carry on...ill see what else i can dig up for the 650 elsewhere.
  8. smc5735

smc5735 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Does anyone have an idea of why I have fuel in my air filter tube that leads to my carburetor. While riding two days ago we went through a lot of water.. I was thinking this may have something to do with it? I'm a bit unsure of how this could have happened..

I noticed this by the enormous odor of gas in my garage when I woke up this morning. If anyone has a tip/hint on what this could be I would appreciate it.
  9. cwc

cwc . Supporter

Oddometer:
    Did your bike lay down for a nap during this ride?:rofl
  10. cwc

cwc . Supporter

Oddometer:
    If you have access to a good welder (or are one) you could carefully take out a short section down near the "foot" and replace it later if desired.

Have you measured the links? The stock ones are ~160 mm bolt center to bolt center. Longer ones are 8-15 mm longer.
  11. Anonawesome

Anonawesome Scenic Rider

Oddometer:
    That reminds me, does anyone happen to know what the short tube is on the bottom of the intake boot just past the airbox? A while back I took it off and found it was full of oil and this spongy steel wool sorta stuff. I don't care if it was supposed to be there, I emptied all that out. I will not be cleaning that crap out of my carb ever.
  12. FireDog45

FireDog45 Squirrels get enraged when they see me naked Supporter

Oddometer:
    If its the piece I'm thinking of it should have a one way valve at the end. My understanding is it is there to give any water that enters the airbox a place to drain. The oil is most likely the excess from an overly oiled filter. At least that's what mine looked like.
  13. smc5735

smc5735 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I did lay it down very quickly and then towards the end of the day the idle would get stuck at 5k rpm..

Wondering if this has anything to do with the gas that is backing up into my airbox arm
  14. cwc

cwc . Supporter

Oddometer:
    Sometimes when the bike is on it's side gas won't flow out of the bottom of the carb but instead goes into the airbox.

As far as the fast idle that can be caused by dirt or small rocks near the idle adjustment that prevents the throttle from closing, at least on CV carbs. I know nothing about pumpers.
  15. Chuck Roll

Chuck Roll Allergic to Organic

Oddometer:
    Choice of 98 or 97 DR350S OR SE , which to choose ?
  16. Greg Bender

Greg Bender Long timer

Oddometer:
    1998. In the S/SE range, it is superior to the 97 and prior.

For the dirt model, 97 - 99 are best.

Regards,

Gregory Bender
  17. Chuck Roll

Chuck Roll Allergic to Organic

Oddometer:
    Thanks
  18. Royce Cochran

Royce Cochran was 2bold2getold

Oddometer:
    Sorry, it took me a while to find this one. Looks interesting. http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=758925
  19. mustangwagz

Oddometer:
  20. mustangwagz

Oddometer:
    Hey guys, found a Choke pull replacment at local shop, was curious if it'd fit our bikes with the CV's on em.. Mikuni Part number is TM38/57

THey screw in, but didnt know if they'd work properly. figured id ask first.