1st annual PNW ladies ONLY ride! Save the date!

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by liv2rydktms, Oct 23, 2011.

1. liv2rydktms

liv2rydktms Long timer

Oddometer:
    July 13, 14,15, 2012 Hosted by Mustangshelly and Liv2rydktms!
    Shelly and I will be departing for home Sunday the 15th in the morning

Rides are planned for Fri. 13th and Sat.14th.

Save the Date and make your camping reservation now! :wink:

Emigrant Spring State Park http://www.oregonstateparks.org/park_23.php
    Brochure: http://www.oregonstateparks.org/images/pdf/emigrant_full.pdf
    Map: http://www.oregonstateparks.org/images/pdf/emigrant_map.pdf
    FAQ's: http://www.oregon.gov/OPRD/PARKS/faq.shtml

Mustangshelly and I will be camping in spot B 23 in a toyhauler, other spots that would accommodate toy haulers (ramps) are; B 19 which is next to the campground hosts. Trailer site B-21 is resereved by magoolin for her and her lady family members. Tent campers from this group have reserved B24 & B22, I believe they already have plans for their campmates. Those who wish to rent a cabin may do so as well and I recommend the C-loop cabins, since they are close to us.

Update 11-9 Trailer site B-19, and tent sites B-18 & B-20 are still available!

I spoke to a person at the park and they indicated, two bikes and two tents per camping spot would not generate an extra vehicle charge, so three bikes would generate an extra $5 charge per night, likewise two bikes at a cabin sites would not generate an extra charge, three bikes at a cabins would generate the $5 dollar extra charge per night. If you a bringing a trailer pm me I asked about particulars there as well.

We are still planning many of the details and may include a poll or two down the road, I have some fun loops planned and should be all healed up, and have them pre ridden by the time July rolls around!:clap
  2. Mustangshelly

Mustangshelly Adventurer...hardly

Oddometer:
    I know it's waaaaay early to be planning this, but campground reservations fill up fast. I know that each site can take 8 people, so if we get enough interest, several gals can share one campsite. We should even have room for a small tent or two at our site, right Katy?
    I am planning to head out Thursday morning and ride over through Tygh Valley/Maupin area and head through Fossil/Spray, etc. Would love to have a couple of other riders meet me and ride with me. Just a bummer that we have to get through winter first :cry
  3. Gitana

Gitana A work in progress

Oddometer:
    If I'm still in Washington, I'd definitely like to be included. That's a great area!
  4. liv2rydktms

liv2rydktms Long timer

Oddometer:
    In List

Mustangshelly
    Liv2rydktms
    BSkye
    Lil Skye
    Sector
    Littlebull
    magoolin (aka biscuit burner :lol3)
    lil miss magoo
    Susi
    SpecialKRH
    marrea

[​IMG]

A bunch of turkeys
    on the fence collecting
    splinters in their bottoms:

Fungirl
    SFS wife
    Gussa
    Underkill
    Cowgirl

[​IMG]

5. liv2rydktms

liv2rydktms Long timer

Oddometer:
    I recommend sharing tent sites and cabins, but need to check how they count bikes, below is the information on # of people allowed per site and # of vehicles, our pick up will be going home so there is room for bikes thereby avoiding the charge for some of the extra vehicles. See below.

"Usually, a maximum of eight campers are allowed per site (though there are sites that only permit 6 people per site). Yurts and cabins hold five to eight people, depending on location.

Some campgrounds can accommodate extra vehicles at each campsite. Some only allow parking of extra vehicles in overflow areas. Check with campground staff before you park an extra vehicle at your site. There is a $5 extra vehicle fee for campers. What's an extra vehicle? In addition to the car or RV you drive into the park, you may tow one additional car or truck at no charge. If you drive an additional vehicle, the $5 fee kicks in.
    "
  6. Gitana

Gitana A work in progress

Oddometer:
    If I'm moved to Colorado by then, I'm out. If I'm still here, I'm in. :kat :lol3
  7. katego

katego Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sounds like fun. You can put me on the fence. ;)

-k
  8. Ladybug

Ladybug Bug Sister Super Moderator Supporter

Oddometer:
    Spokane Valley, WA (the dry side of the mountains)
    IN

I looked for specifics for the campsites and was unable to find them. I did find where it specified 8 people per site but couldn't find the dimensions of the sites. Point being, while they allow 8 people per site those sites aren't going to be be big enough for 8 tents.

In my experience at most state parks two tents on a site is about all they can accomodate and at some two tents on one site is pushing it unless you like to play sardine. I like all you gals but not that much. :lol3

9. tymetrvlr

tymetrvlr Long timer

Oddometer:
    It'll definetely be a loooong winter.
    I'd like to join that ride over hoping I can come up the day before.
  10. Mustangshelly

Oddometer:
    If you are on the state park website, click on "reserve online" and it will take you to the reservation system (just make sure you are on the Emigrant Springs location, 'cuz if you made a reservation at Beverly Beach, it would kinda defeat the whole purpose of this gathering :lol3 ) From there you can search the individual campsites and it tells you how many people each site will accomodate, as well as the tent size area. BSkye has a really small tent (single person) so I know that if people have those size tents, you can fit more per site. For those with cabanas, you'll have to rent a site all by your lonesome. Only about half the sites at Emigrant Springs are reservable. There are only about 8 or so sites on the end of B loop, close to us that are reservable, so those that are late in declaring their "IN" for this event may have no choice but to cram in with some other gals. Either way, it will be fun. Couldn't be any worse than WetFest. Jeff & I set up our cabana out in the middle of the horse pasture, away from all the other tents, and we were still serenaded by dozens of snoring men (well I was serenaded, as Jeff added his own special harmony to the snoring hoards).
  11. liv2rydktms

liv2rydktms Long timer

Oddometer:
    We may find out that we ladies may be part of the snoring chorus, something to think about. :wink: My sweetheart claims I snore,and I tell him I never heard it! :lol3
  12. fungirl

fungirl DeBueller's wench

Oddometer:
    I'll sit on the fence for now. It does sound like a lot of fun! :clap marking my calendar and I'll figure out the rest later :D
  13. NoPoChicken

NoPoChicken LCRC

Oddometer:
    It's just SO far away! How does anyone plan that far in advance!
  14. Rainbow007

Rainbow007 Boldly going Nowhere

Oddometer:
    I am penciling this in. I have a choice to make. I have a family reunion in Iowa the previous week that I am considering riding to. Haven't been to a Rozinek reunion since 1984 so my decision will have to wait until later. Definitely think this is a great opportunity.:D
  15. sector

sector Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I guess one way to plan for that so far in advance is to put it on your calendar now and then when other plans come up you'll know to plan around it! :D So, I'm putting this one on my calendar! It sounds like it could be a blast and I figure I'll be a full day ride away no matter where I'm hanging out by then! :freaky
  16. liv2rydktms

liv2rydktms Long timer

Oddometer:
    Another In can't wait to see you!
  17. liv2rydktms

liv2rydktms Long timer

Oddometer:
    Let us know what you decide!
  18. liv2rydktms

liv2rydktms Long timer

Oddometer:
    save the date, then post In. :clap
  19. Mustangshelly

Oddometer:

I will bring ear plugs!
  20. littlebull

littlebull tiny mighty mo

Oddometer:
    Definitely IN unless I'm in Italy. The tax man will determine that soon. Long winter, indeed. I'll be riding over from Bend and camping, so if there are any ladies in this area that want to "carpool" over, let me know. I'd also like to start meeting some of you in the meantime.

Kim