Moruya to Narooma via dirt?

Discussion in 'Australia' started by SpineDr, Jun 1, 2013.

1. SpineDr

SpineDr He who doesn't ride enough

Oddometer:
    Some buddies and I are heading out for a ride on the long weekend. The route so far is from captains flat to bendethera to moruya and then on to narooma.

We have the route all set till we get to moruya to fill up with fuel, but we need some good suggestions for the trip from Moruya to Narooma.

Any ideas guys? I have all the topo maps for the area, so bring it on.

We will have a couple of young inexperienced guys with us, so nothing too extreme.

Thanks
  2. touser

touser canned fruit

Oddometer:
    On the way into Moruya from Benny turn right onto German ck rd, just near/after the lookout and hanging mountain bout half way in, (worth a look). should connect to Comerang rd and then onto Bodalla, come back out same road (Eurabodalla rd) if time permits go to Nerrigundah and turn left onto river rd and follow to reedy creek rd, and i think left turn to wild horse rd. If you've got time go to Tilba and return to narooma via the old highwy and into narooma. You'll need to check with a forestry map to be sure but you'll get the idear. All the roads there should be fine, have fun.

dave
  3. SpineDr

Oddometer:
    Thanks Dave.
    Just had a look on the topo maps, how long do you think that route would take?......just in case we're running low on time.

Looks fun though
  4. touser

touser canned fruit

Oddometer:
    It's not that far but I would allow 3-4hrs by the time you get to Bodalla, fuel ect, need to check out the lookout at hanging mountain. If you run short on time just cut out Nerrigundah by staying on the Eurabodalla rd ect (the river road through Nerigundah is nice though), any of those other roads are good, 2wd stuff. I just suggested the scenic route.

What day are you doing this, you camping at Bendethra?
  5. SpineDr

Oddometer:
    Riding from captains flat to narooma on Saturday.

Staying in narooma with wives and kids, in comfort.........except for the discomfort of being woken by children in the night.

Just wanting a good way to avoid the black top.
  6. SpineDr

Oddometer:
    Day 1 went well.
    No mechanical issues, couple of falls by the young guys.

200kms all up yesterday with only about 25kms on the blacktop.

Had a great day.