Who is up for riding The Continental Divide?

Discussion in 'Americas' started by darbya, Mar 10, 2014.

1. motomark39

motomark39 I reckon so Supporter

Oddometer:
    The CDR route is mapped for mountain bikes and the maps can be bought. The maps contain valuable information including gas and water sources, some of the water sources are remote and handy. The only part of this route that is not available to motorized vehicles is at Steamboat Springs. Easy to navigate around. The maps give turn by turn directions with mileages BUT are from south to north. I made roll charts using these maps from north to south. Very easy to navigate.
    http://www.adventurecycling.org/cyclosource-store/route-maps/?p:current=3
  2. kantuckid

kantuckid Long timer

Oddometer:
    That makes the most sense as it keeps the cost down below dealer prices & obviously better than hauling a tire around-I'll either have a tire drop shipped to an inmate from ADV or a BMWMOA member via the "Anonymous book".
    Thanks for the reply...:D
  3. WYO George

WYO George I have no idea

Oddometer:
    You're welcome. The other perk is getting to make a new friend along the way :)

Sent from my leash
  4. kantuckid

kantuckid Long timer

Oddometer:
    Instead of "microwaving cats", tonight is a great night to watch the UK Cats:clap beat Louisville Cards again!
  5. kantuckid

kantuckid Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm giving the 2014 CDR ride a bump as I still have definite interest! It makes better sense for me to ride it S to N as I'm in KY now @~35 deg lat. vs. ~51 for Banff & ~31 for Antelope Wells, NM. Wasted miles for me to start in Canada.
    Anyone out there that has an interest in riding the whole thing, north to south, in July?:earPM me.
  6. Lone Rider

Lone Rider Registered User

Oddometer:
    I've had moto tires shipped forward to motels many, many times. Just call them ahead and let them know what's expected. No hassles....

If you get the good weather, and allow enough time, this will probably become one of your most fave rides.
  7. kantuckid

kantuckid Long timer

Oddometer:
    r.e., posts # 20 & # 23 are pretty close to right mileage for me to need another rear.Mine has ~2k now so ad ~4k+ to WY.
    While I've never "ridden" any of the CDR, in my many western vacations over the years I've actually been on several of the gravel roads involved in a quad or on foot: near Steamboat Springs; near Glacier NP; near Pinedale & Dubois & maybe a couple others.
    Looking forward to hearing from interested riders? Hope it's OK/polite to cabbage onto OP/Darbya's thread?:ear
  8. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
  9. Balthazard

Balthazard Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi Guys,
    I want to ride the CDT this summer and looking for partners to join with.

If you are solo or part of a group and would accept another rider, let's see if I could team up. I am a good off road rider on a GSA.

You could also send pm to nbalthazard@gmail.com

Have a safe ride!
    Normand
  10. darbya

darbya Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi everyone. Despite starting this thread I am probably the worst person at following it. Just to let you know that I am still up for riding the trail though now I do not expect to start until the 2nd week in August. I see that a couple of you are thinking about riding it. Does anyone fancy trying to team up for the ride?
  11. Sandoc

Sandoc n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi, is it too late to join?:p3rry