may I introduce myself

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Mitas, Jul 12, 2011.

1. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    I'd actually like to see the tire look like new closeup on the bike (as in what they look like when i buy a brand new pair and mount them), not worn out tires. Showing how they wear over time is useful, however.

Thankyou for the info!
    ...i would still like to hear about some of your construction techniques and materials used in the tires???

Please try and sell me a bit on why i SHOULD pay top $ for a Mitas vrs just saying try all 3 and get back to me. Seems both you & your US distributor have the same easy going attitude on getting these tires out to the US biker. What does comparing 2 cars have anything to do with this conversation?

Is that Iowa factory going to produce motorcycle tires or just your farm stuff? Are you implying there will be much better motorcycle supply after this factory is online?

Really man, i'm trying to help you out, but...

2. JTucker

JTucker Long timer

Oddometer:
    The last time I had it out with the dirt wheels on it was pretty rocky hard terrain, more than usual. The XR does tend to shred tires pretty good though. We did a lot of stuff like this.
    [​IMG]
  3. Mitas

Mitas caretaker

Oddometer:

Maybe this is the reason... Do you lost some blocks ?
  4. Mitas

Mitas caretaker

Oddometer:
    Well...you brought the Czech Mitas close to a product from fare eas t... :puke1...

I tried to explain you that the Czech Republic is a part of the E.U. ... the rules , technology , engineering , knowledge ... all European ... Czech´s , German´s , French´s , English... all in our factories.People on the machines are motivated .... and they are allowed to have his own mind.

I gave you the comparison between Volkswagen and Skoda to show you that the Czechs are clearly able to produce a perfect quality

And .... by the way ... We are using Kevlar, Aramid as well... we use multi tread compound...

What if a tyre fail ? ...Can I give you a sheet of paper with some advertisement and some marketing phrases ? ... :evil

There are a lot of pictures with worned Mitas tyres here in the advrider.... :D... comparable and incomparable...

This is my favorite
    This is helpfull too :deal
    .. serach for kOdiak ... for instance.

You right when you say there is a lack of general marketing activities .... :D

(but the establish some ... you need to listen to the "audience" first.... ) :dj
  5. JTucker

JTucker Long timer

Oddometer:
    No missing blocks, just some chunking. The 20 didn't do that at all, but we ride a variety of terrain from that to red clay so I thought I'd try the softer terrain tire.
  6. MRED

MRED Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have to agree with Bill Eakins.
    You are NOT selling this tire very well.
    The American importer does not respond and evidently does not care if they sell tires.
    We(Mr. Ed's Moto) stock and sell all the tires discussed in this thread except Mitas.
    Our customers purchase tires based on availability and their budget.
    Some folks buy and love Mefo tires, others buy and love Shinko.
    The bottom line is "CUSTOMER SERVICE"

Deb & Don
    Mr. Ed's Moto
    Premier Motogear of Oregon
  7. Mitas

Mitas caretaker

Oddometer:
    Hello Deb ,... Hello Don ( @all ... )

you are right with your appreciation.
    Please allow me to note this for further action in the U.S.
  8. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    i have not doubt the czechs can produce a quality product.
    thankyou for your info. that labor rates are higher there than i thought.
    i have never heard of a skoda and since it was pointed out that ADV is 80% american users, nor have most others.

comparisons aside, what would make your thread usefull is showing closeup detail pics of your offerings as well as very detailed info on your tires. my understanding is Germans are very detailed oriented...

most of us have never heard of Mitas or know very little. the more info and visuals you can provide the better. you work at Mitas, yes?, you must have some advertising materials and pictures you've collected? as a vendor, it's kinda expected you do the leg work, collecting pictures and posting them here. i do that for my vendor thread.

you did not answer the question about the Iowa factory?

9. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    so you have tried to contact the importer to inquire about carrying Mitas at your store and had no luck? that is not good for Mitas. Sounds like Mitas Germany does not have a clue how poor there representation in the US is.

i know it took Moto Amore a bit to get up to speed as the US Heidenau distributor but from the reports i've read they turned it around: http://moto-amore.com/heidenau/index.html

you sell Mefos? i could not find them on your website.
    how do you get those in the US, if you don't mind me asking?
    is there a distributor or do you have to order directly shipped from germany?
  10. Mitas

Mitas caretaker

Oddometer:
  11. Mitas

Mitas caretaker

Oddometer:
    The plan is to produce agricultural tires first.

eakins ..:evil:evil.. I have hundreds on my facebock account and another hundred in my picasa acc.:D:D:D

feel free to have a look ...
  12. Mitas

Mitas caretaker

Oddometer:
    probably ... I asked "MRED" to explain me the situation to my business Email account .
    We have a feeling whats wrong in the U.S.

What about the reports ? ( moto amore) ... Why they turned around ?
  13. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    ???
    this is your vendor thread not mine...post some dude.

thanks for your time, i'll check back after some time and see if things have improved as a whole for Mitas USA.
  14. Mitas

Mitas caretaker

Oddometer:
    come back soon ... You will miss some ...

I don´t like to float this thread with the pic´s.

What do you like to see ?
    The youngest guy who ever do a backflip on a motorbike .... on Mitas ?
    The Speedway world champion.... on Mitas ?
    Some winners from the ISDE ...on Mitas ?
    Some motocross close up´s ?
    Some dual sport close up´s ?
    Some leisure sports ?
    Some video´s ?
    Alfie Cox on Mitas ?
    Chris Birch on Mitas ?

Ask .. I will deliver .... :norton
  15. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    when Moto Amore first started distributing Heidenau (same situation, no one in the US ever heard of Heidenau...now it is well known) they had supply issues (not ordering enough and running out too quickly with long waits between the next order) and also their communications (not returning emails & calls) was not the best. maybe they hired more people to deal with the demand as the supply is better as is the communications. there are now a dozen or so dealers in the US that you can easily order a Heidenau tire from in addition directly from Moto Amore. Heidenau had to reformulate their 150-17" & front 19" K60 to remove BPA per new German regulations and thus that tire was not available for atleast a year. Moto Amore did a good job explaining the situation and why they could not get any to import.

...the 1200 GS tire size (vstrom & super tenere also use the same time) is big business in the US with the desire to use a good 50/50 on-road/off-road long lasting rear tire. This is also true for 130-17" rear tire as alot of dual-sports use this size too. Tourances are more road oriented and TCK-80 wear out too quickly. Even though the K-60 is pricey the 150-17" still sell very well as this tire does it all...

Mitas E07 could also sell extremely well in the US if you and your distributor can pull it together.

like i've said over and over...i'm trying to help you out here.
  16. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    you don't want your tire pics in you thread???
    the most IMPORTANT thing you can do is post pictures.
    after that technical details, otherwise your thread is useless.
    http://www.sba.gov/content/marketing-101

post E07, E09 & E10 pictures from different angles.
    those are the 3 tires ADV riders are interested in.

17. Mitas

Mitas caretaker

Oddometer:
    let´s start with that

on the left E-10 ... on the right E-07

E-07

E-09 .. older E-07 in the background

[​IMG]

E-09 on a HP2 after 3200k´s in Namibia .... ( for your information .... the TKC 80 last 2000k´s on the same bike an the same driver at the same route)

Ouhh.... and thank you for the lesson in marketing ... did you ever heard about CUSTOR ? ( Don´t try to use Google .... it´s not listed..scnr )
  18. Mitas

Mitas caretaker

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

E-07

[​IMG]

E-10 .... after 1600k´s on german autobahn with 160km/- 210km/h...

some more ???
  19. Mitas

Mitas caretaker

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

E-10 left
    E-09 right ...
  20. Mitas

Mitas caretaker

Oddometer:
    and .... please specify the angle you like to have pictures from ( only as a new one ) ... I have 2 sets in the trunk.... :1drink:1drink

[​IMG]