Addc 2013 - Abu Dhabi Desert Challenge

Discussion in 'Racing' started by too old, Mar 28, 2013.

1. too old

too old Keen supporter Supporter

Oddometer:
    1 never been ridden HRC CRF 450 R - brand new, never been raced or rallied :clap:clap:clap

Well not utilise this coming Sunday :rofl:rofl:rofl

Attached Files:

2. doyle

doyle RallyRaidReview-ing

Oddometer:
    I continue to be surprised at the aluminum tanks. I would have thought they would have settled on a design by now. Perhaps it's really waiting for the 2014 bike.
  3. Deadly99

Deadly99 Fast and Far

Oddometer:
    Big time. I was shocked at the fugly, fat looking bike last year...hope the "new" bike is a bit more stream lined. Ditto for the new and improved KTM :nod
  4. too old

Oddometer:
    Tell me though, how would anyone run out of fuel with that ?:rofl

Unless of course they ran without a full load and miscalculated :evil
  5. Deadly99

Deadly99 Fast and Far

Oddometer:
    HRC knows best...riders opinions dont count :rofl
  6. Balkan Boy

Balkan Boy Long timer

Oddometer:
  7. too old

Oddometer:
  8. Motorfiets

Motorfiets Long timer

Oddometer:
  9. Deadly99

Deadly99 Fast and Far

Oddometer:
    I don't see Quinn Cody on the starters list...in fact I am surprised as I have yet to see him on a Husky yet since he signed...I would have expected him to be racing this one.

Any news on which races he will be competing in this year ?
  10. doyle

Oddometer:
    There are some interesting rumblings. Apparently the HRC representation in Abu Dhabi is very light on Japanese personnel and in fact, Helders bike came from Portugal after his own support included some "personal improvements".

Makes me wonder if HRC is abandoning this version and moving development solely to the new bike due later in the year. Another interesting rumor is that HRC is dragging their feet in procuring the services of Cyril. Word is that Cyril wants to go to Honda, but HRC is deathly afraid that if they don't immediately win, the perception can only be that the bike is at fault.

Seems odd that a team would not want to best rider for fear it would highlight other deficiencies, but that is what rumors are all about anyway.

:lol3

If true, it would display an astonishing lack of confidence on the part of HRC.
  11. ZequeArgentina

ZequeArgentina Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Quin Cody is joining the Spedbrain team for the Qatar Sealine round (stated in PR report from Speedbrain themselves).

Rgarding Honda, and HRC, not very clear for the moment.

By the way Pizzolito is againg racing for Honda Argentina with this usual co rider Pablo Pizzolito with the locally developed CRF 450 rally. (this weekend, forst round of national cross country championship)
    He mentioned to be planing an international race "later in the year".
    e is planning surgery as soosn as possible (to remove a "screw" in his forearm, result of his fall in Dakar 2012) and be ready for Dakar Series Desafio Ruta 40 in July.
    My understanding is that his international round will be just with the new HRC bikes in Morocco or Egypt this year.
  12. too old

Oddometer:
    Very light = 0

Think they are working on the new bike and learning French :rofl:rofl
  13. doyle

Oddometer:
    Tell me about it.

[​IMG]
  14. doyle

Oddometer:
    Made this a sticky for the duration of the rally. We'll use this thread for the day to day results and all talk regarding the ADDC.
  15. Balkan Boy

Balkan Boy Long timer

Oddometer:
    That's a very telling image. :lol3

Strange behavior by HRC in any case ... Hopefully they are all spinning wrenches on a new bike.
  16. too old

Oddometer:
    Race day is here, well the Super Special or Prologue and a chance for the spectators to have a look at the "runners and riders" :clap

Could be a little interest though, as in an effort to stop riders deliberately posting slow times to get a lower start position they have allowed the top 10 to chose their start positions on day 1:evil
    Best not be 11th though, unless you want the honour of starting SS1 first.:D

I'll nip over to Yas and have a look with Mrs. Too Old and Junior (4 legged variety that is) and cheer on Sam before what could be a defining point in his career.:clap

It's been two years now since he burst onto the rally scene at just 22 with 2 stage and 2 top 10 finishes in the 2011 rally, to be scuppered courtesy of an over cooked engined on day 3.:cry

This was followed by him qualifying for the Loretta's in the States on a borrowed bike which let him down in the finals, an Ozzie Safari with 3 stage wins but a second best bout with a Roo, a 7th on the first stage in Dakar 2012, but 2 stator failures on stage 2 and out. :puke1
    A 13th in Sardinia last year was an achievement after being dumped with a 75th start position and a Rally where overtaking was at times impossible and a top 10 in Morocco 2012 a reasonable effort after a few bike issues.

Dakar 2013 was hit through injury, but he is now fit and raring to go and hopefully what could be turning out to have been a development project will serve him well for the next 6 days - he needs a bloody break at last :thumb

Come race time on the first 2 stages I'll be quiet as I am travelling for work, but hopefully for stage 3 I'll be back real time, although a bit wearily having been in the air for 2 nights out of 3. :snore

Go Sam and Helder and all the Honda Rally team.:clap:clap

More Honda's than KTM's in this ones, will be interesting to see the line up on Thursday! :beer :wave
  17. too old

Oddometer:
    It is an HRC sanctioned participation, but they are saying very little - f**k all in fact :huh
  18. Drif10

Drif10 Accredited Jackass

Oddometer:
    The Ben Spies of rally with that kind of luck.
  19. doyle

Oddometer:
    <iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.keek.com/embed/uWaCbab" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe><br />
    <p style="font-family: arial; font-size:10px; color:#7C7C7C; margin: 0;"> Apr 6, 2013 <span style="color:#C3CED5">|</span> <a href="http://www.keek.com/desertchallenge/keeks/uWaCbab" target="_blank">Live From The Super Special Stage at #abudhabidesertchallenge #random #mustwach</a> by <a href="http://www.keek.com/desertchallenge" target="_blank" alt="desertchallenge">desertchallenge</a> on <a href="http://www.keek.com" alt="keek videos" target="_blank">Keek.com</a></p>
  20. doyle

Oddometer:
    Helder's ADDC bike. Time to open a Dakar pic and start comparing mods...

[​IMG]