2013 ama supercross

Discussion in 'Racing' started by ADK, Sep 12, 2012.

1. YOGOI

YOGOI Prick

Oddometer:
    +1
    ...and its gonna come down to the wire at the end. No one wants to look back and think, "if I only...?"
  2. Foot dragger

Foot dragger singletracker

Oddometer:
    James didnt need to pull away,he only needed to win. When Stewart is on the bubble and everything is working right hes the fastest guy out there no questions asked.

Villipoto has done his share of crashing this year,trying to pass James could end badly.
  3. Shawnee Bill

Shawnee Bill Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Agree. And Stewart is pretty much out of the championship race so Villipoto didn't really need to beat him, 3 extra points would have been nice but maybe not worth the risk.

History says both of these guys can go quicker, but they seem to have elected not to, they both had good positions and know how dangerous it is to push each other.

Millsaps is fast this year but I don't believe he can beat Villipoto heads up. I think Villipoto is banking on Millsaps having a bad day before the season is over, it is extremely rare for a racer not to have at least one bad race during a season and Millsaps hasn't had his yet. And he may not but odds are he will, but maybe not.

4. Gordy

Gordy SUPPORTER

Oddometer:
    So if we use that same train of thought, Stewart may just as well have let RV pass him. He had nothing to gain by beating him..............other than beating him!
    I think you guys are wrong in saying that these guys are riding conservatively. There is nothing conservative about it and they are probably riding at 95+% all the time. They are just so smooth that they can absolutely fly without looking out of control. We can't comprehend their skill and smoothness, so it's pointless to speculate here.
    Just watch the start of the main. JS and RV (and everyone else) were each going all out and RV almost got punted off the track in the first turn. If that's conservative, then I am :loco

BTW, when you are 2 laps down, you are not racing anymore and are just riding. GTF off the track!! :rolleyes
  5. skwidd

skwidd where does this lead?

Oddometer:
    RV,or any of the factory riders, have tens of thousands of reason$ they would rather win than take second.
  6. Foot dragger

Oddometer:
    Yup,bonus from their team to win,prize money for 1st,and the ego/confidence boost that right now James probably needs more then Ryan does.
    Im hoping Tomac and Dungey can run up front next race just to mix it up again,its a great season when different guys are getting to the front regularly. If Stewart gets on a tear though he can embarass all of them.
  7. pbarmy

pbarmy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Stewart took two points from Villopoto.Make a track you could pass on and then see what happens.How many are Supercross only?Stewart?Reed?You can thank McGrath for the "Stupidcross only" contracts.The KTM team Mookie rides for(250) is said to be folding after the west is done.How many more?If someone doesnt fix alot of problems with this series,there wont be many riders left.:deal
  8. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:
    Is Tomac racing the 450 for all the East races?
  9. Foot dragger

Oddometer:
    Sometimes when they interview Ryan V he seems distracted,almost like he would rather not be there. He's said this bike racing thing isnt everything for him.
    Hes been at it a long time and running harder and harder all the time wears some guys out.

Some of the races hes done this year where hes making one mistake after the other,running off track,falling down just dont seem like him.
    But once he gets the lead hes like an automaton just banging fast laps.
    Hes real good no matter what.
  10. Foot dragger

Oddometer:
    I think he plans to do that,not sure. He is fun to watch for sure,fearless and likes to pin it.
  11. knybanjo

knybanjo kinda slow

Oddometer:
    The Atlanta track WAS a track you could pass on! :norton More so than many of the others.
  12. Foot dragger

Oddometer:
    There were passing spots at the Atlanta race,more then most Supercross races, San Diego was a no passing track with its hard pan one line layout.
    Guys still figure ways to pass.

I watched Wharton do that obvious takeout to qualify at this last race,just flew in where there was no room and knocked the guy down and he was already jumping up with the throttle wide open to take advantage.
    Somehow doesnt seem like real racing,any pro can knock people down at any given time.
    Other guys see he got away with it and they will start playing rollerball.
  13. mdubya

mdubya Right Brigade

Oddometer:
    Shorty came back to finish 14th, BTW. :deal

1 7 James Stewart Haines City, FL Suzuki RM-Z450 20 Laps 52.502 Yoshimura Suzuki Factory Racing
    2 1 Ryan Villopoto Seattle, WA Kawasaki KX 450F +01.468 52.876 Monster Energy Kawasaki
    3 18 David Millsaps Murrieta, CA Suzuki RM-Z450 +05.903 52.795 Rockstar Energy Drink/Motosport.com/ONE Industries/Bel-Ray/Bell/FMF/Dragon/Rockw
    4 51 Justin Barcia Pinetta, FL Honda CRF 450 +09.689 52.537 Team Honda Muscle Milk
    5 41 Trey Canard Shawnee, OK Honda CRF 450 +11.724 52.820 Team Honda Muscle Milk
    6 5 Ryan Dungey Belle Plaine, MN KTM 450 SX-F Factory Edit +12.762 53.038 Red Bull/KTM/Motorex/Dunlop/Foremost/WP/Akrapovic
    7 17 Eli Tomac Cortez, CO Honda CRF 450 +33.940 54.002 GEICO Honda/AMSOIL/Muscle Milk/Planet Fitness/Factory Connection
    8 12 Jake Weimer Rupert, ID Kawasaki KX 450F +36.538 54.235 Monster Energy Kawasaki
    9 22 Chad Reed Dade City, FL Honda CRF 450 +38.037 54.342 Discount Tire Americas Tire/Shift/Fox/Mophie/Outride/Etnies/Honda/Factory Effex
    10 800 Mike Alessi Hilliard, FL Suzuki RM-Z450 +39.135 54.688 Motoconcepts Racing/Smartop/JT Racing/FMF
    11 62 Matthew Goerke Lake Helen, FL KTM 450 SX-F +40.632 54.481 BTO Sports - KTM
    12 20 Broc Tickle Holly, MI Suzuki RM-Z450 +45.974 54.706 RCH/Dodge/Suzuki
    13 10 Justin Brayton Cornelius, NC Yamaha YZ450F +51.093 54.486 Toyota/JGR/Yamaha
    14 29 Andrew Short Smithville, TX KTM 450 SX-F 19 Laps 54.196 BTO Sports/KTM/Palmetto Motorsports/Fly Racing/Bubba Burger/Witt's End Racing
    15 69 Peter Larsen Menifee, CA Honda CRF 450 +10.362 55.542 Rocket Exhaust
    16 75 Joshua Hill Yoncalla, OR Suzuki RM-Z450 +13.528 55.538 RCH/Dodge/Suzuki
    17 84 Chris Blose Phoenix, AZ Yamaha YZ450F +20.663 55.741 N-Fab TiLUBE Yamaha
    18 54 Les Smith York, SC KTM 450 SX-F Factory Edit +39.311 55.571 BTO Sports/KTM
    19 55 Jimmy Albertson Shawnee, OK Honda CRF 450 17 Laps 55.305 Fly Racing/HRT/MotoThump/Merge Racing/Beer Optics/FMF/Renegade Fuels/Vortex/Rekl
    20 39 Robert Kiniry Holland Patent, NY Yamaha YZ450F 15 Laps 55.171 -- none listed --
  14. enduro0125

enduro0125 Sticks and Stones™..

Oddometer:
    Let RV tell you himself.

Racer X: Last week you said you were going to be happy with what you get, and try to have more fun with it. So, are you happy?

RV:
    Second is good. Made two points on Davi [Millsaps]. He’s kind of the guy that we need to concentrate on now. Stew is not really that guy. But man it would have been nice to win and get five points on Davi. It seems like every track we’ve been to, at this point, the track sets the limit on how hard you can ride. I was doing the rhythm section a little bit different than James and it was slower. I struggled in the turn after the rhythm section all day. I just felt doing that the way I was doing it was going to be consistent for 20 laps. It wasn’t the dragon’s back, it was that next turn after tripling in there. I just struggled in that turn all day.

From here:
    http://www.racerxonline.com/2013/02/25/open-mic-interviews-from-atlanta

* Flug,I read this real slow because comprehending is one of my weak points.

:rofl
  15. pbarmy

pbarmy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Only passing I saw was when someone fell.Oh they did pass Alessi!:lol3
  16. mtbdemon

mtbdemon Long timer

Oddometer:
    So, what is the lowdown on the Chaparell team? Why did it end up folding? I never heard the ways only that it folded, which seem like took about 10 minutes
  17. Gordy

Gordy SUPPORTER

Oddometer:
    If Stewart was faster than you, just say so!!

I have never seen so many guys pontificate on how sweet second place is! :lol3
  18. enduro0125

enduro0125 Sticks and Stones™..

Oddometer:
    He's faster than me. :deal

:lol3

There's that comprehension thing again
  19. Gordy

Gordy SUPPORTER

Oddometer:
  20. Racer111v

Racer111v Long timer

Oddometer:
    A lot of the comments you guys are making is why I enjoy the outdoors series more than Supercross. They is a lot less holding back outdoors. If your faster, you can pass everywhere. Watching riders hang it out outdoors is pure speed vs terrain. Just so many more line options.
    To go quick on a Supercross track you need to go faster than the next guy in short bursts. The course is limiting when this can happen. Its so much about timing and precision.