First Annual CCA JoyRide

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by Dr. Zaius, May 21, 2010.

1. Dr. Zaius

Dr. Zaius It's a mad house

Oddometer:
    :norton I just wanted to give everyone a heads up on a great cause June 5th. The CCA (Childrens Cancer Association) is holding the first ever JoyRide event. It is a fundraising ride that starts in Beaverton (Destination Harley) and goes out to the coast (just south of Tillamook by Sandlake). You can form your own team, join an exsiting team or just plain donate to a great cause. My 14 year old daughter is the one that brought this to my attention and she is fundraising on her own for this event. I'll attach her own words with the link to the actual event so you can get more detials. For me...I am lucky enough to share my passion for riding with my daughter and at the same time watch her spirit of giving and her committment to a worthy cause at such an early age.
    Here is the note my daughter wrote to her frinds:

Hello everyone this is Makenna!
    I have been wanting to get involved with the community and help out. I heard about CCA (Children's Cancer Association) from my Grandpa when he said that for Christmas we would get to choose an organization to donate to. I chose CCA to help the kids with cancer. Then at school we did a fundraiser for kids with cancer for another organization. A teacher handed me a card with an 8 year old girl on it. The teacher looked at me and said this girl had cancer and had to get her leg amputated. After that I made it a priority to find a way to help out and volunteer. I went on line to CCA and found all the information I could. I found out about Chemo Pal and I became VERY interested in it. Chemo pal is where you spend time with a patient during chemotherapy. I decided I wanted to do that. I spent the day researching, printing out the application and e-mailing the organization to check that my age was appropriate for this. I checked my email at least 4 times that night! I became extremely excited only to get upset when I got the email back saying I had to be 18 years old to do Chemo Pal. I was incredibly sad but that didn't stop me. I went back on-line to CCA to see what else I could do. I saw their list of events and that the most recent one is the Joyride. The Joyride is where you ride your motorcycle to the beach and back for children's cancer. My dad and I will be participating in this on Saturday, June 5th. This is very soon! I am soo happy to have found a way to be involved and can't wait!

We would appreciate it if you would sponsor us by donating to a great cause, helping me reach my goal and making this experience for me even more worth while. If you would like to help here is how to:

1. Follow this link: http://www.ccajoyride.org/

2. Click on "Register and/or sponsor a rider now"

3. Click on "Find a team/participant" on the left hand side

4. Type in Makenna Billings in the search bar and hit search

5. Click on team Makenna Billings, select Makenna Billings individual and donate!

Every dollar helps! And please forward this to any of your other friends that you think would also like to donate!

Thanks so much!

-Makenna Billings :)

Attached Files: