Me, a blonde, 2 Ducati's....3,000 miles (and then some)

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by GP1152, Aug 22, 2012.

1. eye.surgeon

eye.surgeon ...riding California

Oddometer:
  2. pumpe3

pumpe3 lazy Swede

Oddometer:

Looking good :thumb
  3. soboy

soboy Long timer

Oddometer:
    I stumbled on to your RR this morning and thoroughly enjoyed it. My ex and I took a very similar road trip in 1987, thanks for bringing back some great memories. Excellent photography, I like your style a lot (I shoot with a D3100 and combining motorcycle riding and photography is nirvana for me).
  4. vicster

vicster Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ah,see, there's the rub. I'm also a very early morning person. At least with EFI one can just start up and leave instead of waking everyone in the place while you warm up the bike.

Tell Stephanie congrat's on the new bike.

BTW, I also have a thing for women in glasses. Don't know why exactly.
  5. Deseret Rider

Deseret Rider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Nicely done report and photo's-----The antithesis perhaps of "Sibirsky Extreme". No river crossings, no camping under the stars, no dirt on the tires, and the best meals and accommodations that money can buy. I would have called it "The adventures of Silver Spoon and Princess". Now, we in the middle, can live vicariously at both extremes----Thanks for taking us along------Nice job on the presentation! :clap
  6. Ninjaalentejano

Ninjaalentejano Adventurer

Oddometer:
  7. ducnut

ducnut Long timer

Oddometer:
  8. GP1152

GP1152 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    No, we tried to buy that one at the local Ducati dealer and had a less than stellar experience. Take a look at this post HERE and see what the dealer was up to with that bike. The title should say it all. Take a look.
  9. ducnut

ducnut Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ahaa! That's totally understandable.

I worked at a dealership, some time ago, and I'm still dismayed at some of the crap they pulled. The owners were the shady ones. I felt bad for the salesmen who were straight-forward with their deals, only to have the finance department or owners wreck the sale and these guys' reputations.

It looks like you guys got a nice bike, in the end. I bought my Tiger used (3 months old), too. Even after paying the shipping from NC, I still saved ~$4400 over new (I have the original sales invoice).
  10. Lion BR

Lion BR I'd rather be riding

Oddometer:
    Congratulations. I rode one of these for about 6 months last summer, 4,000 miles. It was the only bike I wanted to ride. Miss it already!

Lion
  11. GP1152

GP1152 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    lol, silver spoon?? It wasn't THAT luxurious!! I mean, We DID stay at some best westerns and Fairfield Inn type places :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. GP1152

GP1152 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Same here. After shipping and adding the exhaust we still saved a little over $3,500 over that DEMO bike. Making it even better is the fact that this bike is literally like new.

13. Moss

Moss Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just read your R&R. What a refreshing change to read your report. Not only have you met nice people in your travels, but it appears you and your lovely wife are form the same nice people planet. Thank you so much for sharing, you have a beautiful country, fantastic scenery. And bikes! Oh and garage!! :lol3
  14. Alanjnc

Alanjnc AlanjNC

Oddometer:
    I like it!!
    This is the one from TN? I've not seen that color in real life. I was talking to my GSA today and Helga said she is lonely; I'm thinking SF or hypermotard....
    Enjoy!
  15. stretchride

stretchride Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Enjoyed the rr, and seriously most of the pics are magazine quality.
    You really need some mods for that water heater in the corner though! It is decidedly outclassed, you should be ashamed. There must be a sporty Italian or German model you could upgrade to, or maybe mock it up to look like your exhaust.... Just picking on ya! :wink:
  16. GP1152

GP1152 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That's hilarious!! Dude you have no idea how much I hate that damn thing. Fear not....a tankless heater will be installed at some point ;) luckily that thing is on the opposite side of the garage and visually blocked by the truck.

17. GP1152

GP1152 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    At the risk of inciting another "silver spoon" comment (lol)...here's a shot of the better side....
    [​IMG]

18. GP1152

GP1152 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sorry, I forgot to reply to this:
    I input the next day's ride the night before. Since these GPS's sometimes have a mind of their own, I just always make sure to "force" it to take me the way I had planned ahead of time by putting in a good amount of way-points (or via-points). Some of them might be a place we decided to stop at for food ahead of time and others might just be random spots. I find a good thing to do is use the iPhone (or ipad) and drop a pin wherever it is I want to go. This gives me the address with city and zip MUCH faster than the Garmin does :thumb

19. Aces & Eights

Aces & Eights GearHead

Oddometer:

Not too sure who you've been gettin your info from but....They do sink ocassionally.:eek1

Also hand down The WORST employer I ever had.:puke1
  20. Dieselpwr

Dieselpwr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    your garage is amazing..... good luck with the new bike. looking forward to many pics of it on the road.

btw, time to update your signature. im guessing the Monster is gone