Drunk Or Just Dangerous?????

Discussion in 'The Perfect Line and Other Riding Myths' started by Weljo, Feb 10, 2014.

1. tkent02

tkent02 Long timer

Oddometer:
    The guys on the bikes are clueless.

Who rides next to a car that is obviously not very good at it? Just sit there beside him and whine about it?

Get some fucking distance from him and go on about your business.

Sure the car driver is an idiot, all car drivers are idiots. Go somewhere else.
  2. 100mpg

100mpg Self Imposed Exile

Oddometer:
    :huh

The first bike in front of the camera is not in the camaros lane, he is close, but close don't count. That is not what caused the camrao t hit the brakes. I bet he is lost or did not see the plastic barriers.
    At 1:13, the camaro guy is behind ALL the bikes and passes the last one, which has the camera and is in the center of his lane, straddling TWO lanes.

The camera bike and the one in front are about 20ft apart in the beginning and the third bike is about 100ft in front of them.

The guy in the camaro is fucked up.
  3. Fearless Whetu

Fearless Whetu Long timer

Oddometer:
    Gooooood goooooooood yes, let the hate flow through you :bash

Hahahaha :lol3
  4. JohnCW

JohnCW Long timer

Oddometer:
    Close doesn't count, someone who looks like they are coming across into your lane doesn't distract your attention, are you serious?

At 11 seconds the guy who was in the middle lane is riding virtually along the white line between the lanes just ahead of the camero. What do you think the driver of the camero (or any sane driver in that situation) sitting just behind him will be looking at in that point. Straight ahead up the road, or completely focused on the motorcycle who looks like they are going to come across right into his path????

You want the driver to be at fault, nothing I will say or what the video shows will change that.
  5. 100mpg

Oddometer:
    Claiming that is fucking stupid. I don't want anyone to be at fault, I am only looking at the video. Even if *I* was driving that camaro, I would say the camaro driver fucked up. Several times.

At 3 seconds, the camaro is drifting over to the left lane. Is that the guys on the bikes fault? Watch the video, watch the camaro drifting over to the left. Tell me that is the bike riders fault.

Maybe it is just me, But if I was on a bike or in a car or tractor trailer and I saw that guy on the bike close to the white line I would let up WAY before he got close. Mashing on the brakes like he did shows he is not paying attention.
    I would like to see the unedited version without the postcard/spinning video nonsense.
  6. JohnCW

JohnCW Long timer

Oddometer:
    Is that your normal mode of responding to a difference of opinion? I see why you perhaps relate to bike riders who chase down cars and give them a gob full.

I've already given to much attention to this piece of rubbish video and don't intent to give it one more second of oxygen.
  7. pjhsv

pjhsv n00b

Oddometer:
    Two things have struck me about this thread.

1. Fuck being a traffic cop/magistrate/insurer. This thread can't even work out who is at fault in the scenario with camera footage. Bugger trying to work out who is at fault when it's just two peoples (probably biased) recollection of events.

It's pretty clear that everyone has their own opinion who did what and why. I'm no exception, but being that it's my first post on the forum, I'm not going to weigh in and piss anyone off. :)

2. There's a lot of talk about "you should be in the left lane". I'm from Oz, so we drive on the left, so presume that the equivalent for here would be "you should be in the right lane". I'm sure my countrymen will back me up when I say that if you habitually drive in the right lane one of three things will happen (in order of rarity).
    - You will most likely piss people off behind you. People believe it is their right to speed, and if you are selfish enough to get in their way (even if you're already speeding) you should expect to be tailgated and intimidated into submission
    - You may be fined. It's illegal in at least Victoria and New South Wales to be in the right lane where the speed limit is > 80km/h unless overtaking
    - Worst case (fortunately rarest), you may end up as roadkill

Is there an expectation that the left lane (right for the americans) should be left for people who are only getting on/off the freeway? If so - I wish we'd adopt that in Australia.

edit: speeeling
  8. 100mpg

Oddometer:
    is that your normal response to facts I stated in a video? To claim that I want the driver to be at fault is just plain old stupid. I am not responding to a difference of opinion on who is at fault, I am respond to a ridiculous lie that I want the driver to be in the wrong.

No comment on the driver drifting into the left lane, before you claim the bike forced him into the barriers? I must be imagining that since I want the camaro to be at fault.

wtf.
  9. Dranrab Luap

Dranrab Luap Gruntled and Imperturbable

Oddometer:

Than
  10. Dranrab Luap

Oddometer:
    Have
  11. Dranrab Luap

Oddometer:
    Is it possible that those roads are what takes them to the good ones?
  12. Dranrab Luap

Oddometer:
    You're
  13. Dranrab Luap

Oddometer:
    I have a few thoughts.

This thread obviously elicited the standard, boring and predictable "turn the thread around on the OP" responses.

The guy in the Camaro is a straight up asshole who has no business being behind the wheel.

The guy on the bike in front of the camera did drift a bit, but certainly not to a point that it made a close call or warranted the kind of behavior that the Camaro driver displayed.

Weljo, be careful when you go looking for a confrontation, because you well may get one.

All in all, this should have been a non event. If I had seen that guy in the Camaro driving like the OP described he was driving behind him, I sure as shit would have given myself greater physical separation from him.
  14. 100mpg

Oddometer:
    bingo. I see idiots like that all day long, whether on a bike, my truck or tractor trailer. texting, playing with the radio/ipod/phone or gps. I also see many people drifting to the lines on the road, most of the time people don't freak out, they observe and either lift their foot or wait to see how close then can get before they blow the horn and then give the salute. :lol3 it is NY
  15. panorton

panorton Charming as F**k

Oddometer:
    was the guy in front of the OP counterleaning? :norton
  16. tkent02

tkent02 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Shit, now I gotts watch it again?
  17. Weljo

Weljo Adventurer

Oddometer:

I know. Bad Habit I always screw that one up.
  18. dmason

dmason goofball Supporter

Oddometer:
    Nothing to see here... Move along.
  19. dmason

dmason goofball Supporter

Oddometer:
    Nah, this is when he tells us how he could kick everyone's ass with his 30 years of Karate Man experience.
  20. Weljo

Weljo Adventurer

Oddometer:

Your still the same chicken shit faggot you've always been.