Indiana Ride Thread

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by tpar1220, Jan 2, 2009.

1. tpar1220

tpar1220 such a pud..

Oddometer:
    instead of clogging up the indiana photo tag thread, we can just add our rides here.

i'll start...

opaulo and i took a spin to a trail system just outside bedford today (1/2/09).

i didn't know what to expect, or how much off road we were gonna ride. so i dressed for the cold and wound up sweating my ass off. glad a hauled tw to bedford, otherwise i would have froze riding tw all the way home. my helmet, t shirt, sweatshirt were soaked. we had BIG fun today.

it was very sloppy and greasy today, the stock 50/50 tires on tw clogged real fast and i was riding on slicks all day. lots of riding in first gear and walking it as it slid all over the place.

paul was able to make it thru this stream and up hill as he has full knobs on drz. but when i tried, front wheel made it to top...i bottomed out and started spinning rear tire, i tried to get off and walk it up, but i couldn't even stand on hill without slipping. with me trying to push, and paul pulling, we finally got tw up top.

[​IMG]

see tw's rear tire, thats what it looked like all day.

[​IMG]

i had tw on it's side 3 times today, paul had drz on it's side as well a couple times.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

we ran accross this old school bus out in the middle of the woods, paul says it's a 48-49, and was made at school bus factory in mitchell, in.

was thinking of making this one my next photo tag shot..
    full knobbies recommended.:evil:lol3

[​IMG]

couple more of the bus.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

may have been used by hunters, there was a bed in the back and a couch on the side.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

also ran accross a couple trees downed by beavers (i think), never seen this before....pretty cool.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

them beavers are pretty clever, dropped them trees right into creek, then started workin on em out in water..

[​IMG]

stopped for a break..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

then ran into rock quarry, they were cuttin em on one side and stackin em on the other...trail went right between em.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

can see where they drilled holes in rock before splittin em..

[​IMG]

paul is having some fun while i try and pry mud from tw's rear end to free up rear tire..

short vid, but cool.

[​IMG]

as long as we don't get any more rain this weekend, we plan on doin it all again sunday.....anyone else interested?

thanks paul for leading me around today, i had a blast.

supposed to be 52 sunday...:deal:thumb
    1TRAK and Parcero like this.
  2. oPAULo

oPAULo jack of all terrain Supporter

Oddometer:
    I had a GREAT time today too!! Thanks for joining me.
    I can't believe you got 2 pics of me wallering in the mud. I need to be a little faster with the camera next time!!!:lol3 At least you didn't get me when I was flat on my belly on the little hill. It sure was greasy in spots.
    Here's what few pics I got.
    Break time at the playground.
    [​IMG]

Beaver or woodchuck?? Or are they the same thing?? Somebody must know.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Tim backtracking down a greasy section. There was plenty of grease today for sure. Still doable though.
    [​IMG]

Bus. Late 40's early 50's near as I can tell. Tim I left the chevy emblem laying right on the fender. Now we GOTTA go back.
    [​IMG]

And then the little TW finally skipped a beat. The DRZ was too much for it.:D Kidding!! Tim pitched a chain and tweaked the guard a little. He put the monkey wrench to it and we were off again.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

That's all I got. I need to get more next time. My son LOVED that video. THAT'S YOU DADDY!! He recognized me right off the bat. Thanks a million.

SO.....Who's ready for sunday??? Weather looks good. Should be fairly dried up by then. I'm ready!!

Paul
  3. sgtpaco

sgtpaco HoosierDaddy?

Oddometer:
    Nothing adventurous as mud and trails...just back roads of eastern Indiana.
    Sorry for some of the poor photo quality....I will work to improve my lack of skills.

left Greenfield....first stop was Morristown....I missed my train!

[​IMG]

parked the F650GS before crossing the Forsythe Covered Bridge. Polar hands installed to keep the fingies nice and warm

[​IMG]

The Bridge
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Amish reported to work at the furniture/cabinet maker south of the bridge.
    [​IMG]

Moscow welcoming sign
    [​IMG]

Where's the town's bridge? It was destroyed by a tornado last summer. It also was an E.L. Kennedy bridge. Private and state funds are being gathered to rebuild the town's treasure.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Your's truly at a stop in Carthage...what's that say on the wall?

[​IMG]

I was a responsible rider today....no mud...just watch for all the sand
    [​IMG]
  4. gtackett

gtackett Been here awhile

Oddometer:

If it's slick on a TW and a DRZ, then my KX would be spinning like crazy. Still waiting on fork seals for the XT and ..... warmer weather.

Looks like you guys got quite a workout on your woods ride!

Greg T.
  5. tpar1220

tpar1220 such a pud..

Oddometer:
    i would love to get my kx out there, MUCH better than tw in the woods. way better suspension, with more travel, more ground clearance, and a brand spanking new rear tire. :clap

just don't think i can get away with riding it to and from trails. although, my registration stickers for kx arrived yesterday, so, i am good for the dnr run off road parks.:wings

i was wondering if they were gonna give me any shit with registration process. but was painless, and quick...just sent forms in last week.
  6. lufin

lufin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey tpar, look what I found. It's not a M/C but it's a ride. Can anyone guess who is in the back seat?

[​IMG]
  7. oPAULo

Oddometer:
    I think I recognize that jacket. And I think I want a ride!! SWEET!
  8. tpar1220

tpar1220 such a pud..

Oddometer:
    lufin, where ya been all year? u missed out on some good rides. oh, i think i know...u don't socialize with us low lifes anymore. u hang with the big gs crowd these days. :lol3

yes, i remember that gyro very well, was windy that day, and as he lifted off the wind blew us off runway towards fence. as i recall, my bunghole was mighty hungry that day, i believe it swallowed up half the seat as we drew a bead towards the fence. :eek1

btw, how does saltcreek like his new ride?
  9. lufin

lufin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    tpar, Well, had to work all summer.:cry Took a new job for some overtime but I didn't know it would be mandatory overtime!!! SaltCreek, Woodsrat and I did make a ride to the BMW Rally this past fall over at Vernon, In.
    SaltCreek likes that GS very well. That's about all he talks about, still.
    Sound like we may have to take oPAULo to Greencastle this year after it warms up.
  10. LukeMacPU

LukeMacPU Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    The woods ride looks like a blast. I'd love to know where that is if it's not classified. I'll have to wait for things to dry out a bit to get the ol' KLR through with my skills, but I've got the right tires for it at the moment.

Cool report, amazing what the beavers/woodchucks were able to do. Never would have thought they'd tackle trees that big.

Anyway, directions to the trail would be much appreciated. Of course I'd rather meet up with some other people to ride it, but my schedule isn't very predictable with a 15 month old and another due Feb. 11th. I've got about a 15% chance of making any group rides.
    Kajoma likes this.
  11. dmay

dmay Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    We should keep the location of this spot limited to Private messages, It's not an official place to ride.
  12. RoadDad

RoadDad n13ub Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just got defrosted from a great ride with tpar today. Met him at Switz City about 11:00am. Had dinner in Linton and then headed southwest towards Oaktown via backroads. From there we headed west towards the Wabash and followed dirt roads and the levee on north to Merom and Graysville. Merom has a neat old building used by a church group and a bluff looking out over the Wabash (see pictures). Graysville has a gas station! Was having problem with my battery running down and Tim had to push start me. Made it home at 6:45---darn cold 32 degrees.

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Knobbyrider likes this.
  13. tpar1220

tpar1220 such a pud..

Oddometer:
    roaddad,

i am relieved to see u made it home, i rolled in around 6:15. no wonder my feet were cold. socks were wet from rain this morning. :lol3

unless u have a bad/loose connection at battery or bad battery, i think u may have a problem with stator. but look on the bright side, at least it started fine when u were stuck in mud, if it had puked there...we would have been up shits creek!

damnit! that video i took of u stuck in mud is too large to upload to photobucket, so, i can't post it till i figure out how to edit it. :becca

wabash was out, it was real high..

this is boat ramp..

[​IMG]

everywhere we turned...everything was flooded.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

but levee was dry..:evil so we ran them a while to stay dry..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

a few cool sights along the way..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

thanks for the ride today jerry, aside from the rain and 30 degree weather, i had a blast.

a 250 mile ride in january...can't beat that. :thumb

oh, if anyone knows how to edit videos, so i can upload to photobucket...i gotta vid of jerry gettin his klr outta the slop. i just need to trim 22 mb's from it. :deal:ear
  14. KneeKicker

KneeKicker Long timer

Oddometer:
    If you have electrical problems don't start swiping parts off of that other KLR.:lol3

BTW Jerry I just got you PM. I'll call tommorow.
  15. gtackett

gtackett Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That looked like a pretty cool ride along the Wabash guys. My list of places to hit keeps growing.

Looking forward to the warmer weather!

Greg T.
  16. oPAULo

Oddometer:
    Looks like another fantastic ride guys. Sorry I missed it. Great pics.
    Tim don't you have windows movie maker?? It comes with windows. Should work.
  17. tpar1220

tpar1220 such a pud..

Oddometer:
    ya, i have movie maker, and was able to split video into 2 smaller vids, but couldn't figure out how to move or copy them to a folder where i could upload to photobucket. they would not drag n drop anywhere...donno, i gave up. :ear
  18. BigDogAdventures

BigDogAdventures Fart Letter Supporter

Oddometer:
    In windows movie maker----after you finish editing your movie-----select "Publish To Computer". Give the movie a name and store it in your hard drive where ever you want. Now you can play it on your computer or upload to you tube, photobucket--send wherever you want.

If you choose "Publish To DVD" it will burn it to a DVD----this selection takes a long time to get it done---but works.
  19. tpar1220

tpar1220 such a pud..

Oddometer:
    boy, i had all kinds of problems last night while workin on this video, power flickered couple times....and trashed my pc. won't power up at all, hoping it is just my power supply.

brought out my old pc and got it going, of course everything needed updated, worked on that all morning, several restarts...then i am ready to tackle video again.

thanks for help mark, but i just can't seem to get the hang of that movie maker edit program...so i gave up.....again! went ahead and uploaded to you tube.

i missed about half the video, cuz at first, i was gettin ready to get off bike and help jerry out, then thought.....heck with that, i will take a video instead!

video is kinda buzzy cuz i held camera against windshield.....mistake.

enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gENKS3j0Fic
  20. Glockowner

Glockowner Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Funny Video. Good job on not falling on your butt Jerry.

First thing that came to mind while watching this was the pig wrestling contest they have at the county fair every summer. :lol3