MotoGP: Italy (spoilers al dente)

Discussion in 'Racing' started by Lurky-Loo, May 29, 2013.

1. farrington300

farrington300 No wait....What?

Oddometer:
    Looked to me that Jlo had the bike setup perfect.

MM's crash shows me that dani is the better rider. He was, and has been pushing too hard.

Go Cal.
  2. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:
    I don't doubt AB didn't see VR but, I think AB assumed he had a gap/clear track and could move rapidly across the track where he wanted. I think the more thoughtful racer would have doubts that there would be such openness on the track right at the start when he was side-side with others just moments before the collision make his moves more carefully. This is why the fault would lie with AB IMO.
  3. cogitate

cogitate What Marcellus Wallace Looks Like

Oddometer:

So, if they found AB at fault, they dock him 10 championship points? Big deal, he aint never gonna win it anyway. :deal

Agreed. Racing incident and should not have happened with anybody, not just Rossi. AB just looked like he assumed the track was clear.
  4. Pecha72

Pecha72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Not the first time AB is there, when someone's race ends, before it even properly began.

Maybe this was not as blatantly ape behaviour as when he took out JLo, but this proved once again, that he does not always think very hard, what he's doing.
  5. RedRocket

RedRocket Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer:

Really? We knew he was going to throw it down in a race, just a matter of when.
  6. SGrider

SGrider Bob's country bunker

Oddometer:
    I was surprised he did it at that point, he had no chance to catch Lorenzo and was easily in front of Pedrosa. I too figure he will do some crashing during the races this year but to do it so close to the end and not even battling anyone was foolish.
  7. HarveyMushman

HarveyMushman Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    First lap, first corner. Reasonable assumption? :huh
  8. Dexter!

Dexter! Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yeah, he's not going to win the championship but he's kinda have a record of this so called racing incidents. Vale ended knock-out, how longs going to take until AB severely injures someone? They could have fined him, threatened to ban him off the season, etc. So he starts thinking, looking, hearing before moving... he's not conscious that he caused the crash, he was blaming Vale about it... that's what I meant with my srsly.

Sent from my LG-E612g using Tapatalk 2
  9. Lurky-Loo

Lurky-Loo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I don't think the gap was ever more than .3 or .4, and sometimes as close .2 after Marquez passed Pedrosa. I'd agree that Marquez should have focused on defending second place, but it wasn't going to happen by cruising -- Pedrosa would have come back at him.

It would have been an interesting ratcheting up of tension in the Repsol garage if Marquez had pipped Pedrosa on a last-lap move.
  10. HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz Long timer

Oddometer:
    As disappointed as I am with Bautista taking Rossi out, Rossi had already gone backwards 2 positions from the start. VR's chances of finishing ahead of Crutchlow weren't looking very good anyway. Cal is clearly out racing Rossi and he's only 6 points shy of Marquez. It's not unreasonable to think Crutchlow could finish the championship in third place.
    I can't believe Yamaha is going to let go of Cal so they can run Smith and Espargaro. The bean counters must be running short of beans.
  11. DC2wheels

DC2wheels Castle Anthrax troll Supporter

Oddometer:
    Why not?? After all it is SpanishGP oops I mean MotoGP. :lol3:huh:eek1
  12. RedRocket

RedRocket Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer:

Newbie impetuousness.
    I was thinking early on that he should stop being polite to Dani and go after JLo then if he really wanted to win. He waited too long to go by, and probably felt short on catch-up time so he kept pushing, and I'd have to think his tires were deteriorating.
  13. cogitate

cogitate What Marcellus Wallace Looks Like

Oddometer:
    Got it. I wish it didn't happen not because I am a Rossi fanboy, shit, i am and i wanted to see him race the guys at the front. A win or a podium would have been great.

On another note, was Cal's brolly girl his wife? She was the best looking umbrella girl of all time.

On yet another note, I think Hector has the same IQ as a bag of rocks. Still with a scar on his eye and fresh from charges of hitting his girlfriend, he makes a punching gesture at the camera, like he is tough. :lol3
  14. Jac Cambo

Jac Cambo Booze Merchant

Oddometer:
    The way Marquez lost it was strange to me, but then, what do I know?

Just seemed like a harmless mild turn. Any chance there was a mechanical failure?
  15. RichBeBe

RichBeBe All Hail Seitan!!!

Oddometer:
    A few years ago a friend who is coached by Rich Oliver was involved in a second corner crash that was back in the pack a bit. I stopped by his pits to check on him and say hi and Rich was talking to him and said something to the effect of "This is why I told you to get your head out of your ass in qualifying and qualify better. You should;t have been in that pack, so it is your fault"
  16. Kropotkin

Kropotkin Big Girl's Blouse Supporter

Oddometer:
    Marquez couldn't understand it either. Without pointing the finger at Bridgestone, he said he went through that corner at the same speed and lean angle as before, yet he suddenly lost both wheels. That is code for "WTF is up with these tires?"
  17. Mr Head

Mr Head Tired at the beach

Oddometer:
    Spies mentioned in the commentary that the track was warmer then anybody had experience with all weekend. He said that would maybe be a factor. I'm thinking it was in Marquez's case.

18. Lurky-Loo

Lurky-Loo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Possible little was different, but it's probably not a coincidence it happened after he passed Pedrosa and was trying to go faster.

Seems to me the Marquez elbows-down style, while very fast in good conditions, leaves very little room for error.
  19. DC2wheels

DC2wheels Castle Anthrax troll Supporter

Oddometer:
    F##k SpeedTV

F##k SpeedTVl

F##k SpeedTV

F them

They drag NASCRAP programing nearly 1/2 hour into what should have been the Moto2 race coverage then cut off the last 1/3 of the race. Then go back to more roundy round Budweiser, Ernhardt Jr do nothing, Kyle Petty do nothing, fat car left turn 'this is racing?' CRAP

ARRGGHH :2guns:2guns
  20. sprocketjock

sprocketjock Long timer

Oddometer:
    Precisely why many of us on here forked over the money for a video pass. You won't be sorry!