East Tennessee Tag-O-Rama!

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by jonesy54, Mar 18, 2009.

1. jonesy54

jonesy54 the road less traveled

Oddometer:
    I have been a tag specator for too long now. East TN now has its own TAG-O-RAMA. I will also post (shamelessly plaigerize) the rules as Ridge Runner used in the NC tag, since they seem to work so well and are less subject to rules lawyering.

Alright here we go. Lets get this thing started and hopefully we start off alot smoother than some of the others. The game is simple, the rules are easy, the goal is to get people out riding. With the goal in mind, please dont make the clues so hard that we have to surf longer on the net than we have to ride to get the tag. So here are the rules :deal .

#1 FILE PHOTOS CAN ONLY BE USED TO PLACE A TAG NOT TO GET THE TAG.
    #2 THE PHOTOS OF THE TAG SHALL BE AS CLOSE AS THE PREVIOUS TAG PHOTOS AS POSSIBLE. That means that the tagger needs to make sure that his photo can be shot by anyone on any bike. The taggers bike needs to be in the photo. So I think that if a road is goverment maintained and legal to ride than it is fair game. Gravel or not. Also tell us where the tag was.
    #3 NO WHINING ABOUT IT BEING TOO FAR. If you think it is too far go get it and bring it back to your part of the state. Trust me someone will.
    #4 TAG MUST BE FINDABLE. If a tag is standing too long you will be asked to post a clue or a new tag. New tag must be posted no later than 24 hrs of the posting of your tag. You will forfeit your tag to the previous tagger. Lets keep the game moving.
    #5 HE WHO POSTS FIRST WINS. It dont matter if you got to it first, He who post first wins the tag. Laptops with cell modems and smart phones really help here.
    OK I believe that that is it. So lets have fun and ride safe. All rules are subject to change if the larger part of the inmates think that it should change. Lets go play TAG!!

East Tennessee Tag-O-Rama Map!
  2. jonesy54

Oddometer:
    The first Tag:
    [​IMG]

This FERRY was one of the last operating ferrys in the state of TN before being replaced by the bridge in the background.
  3. TurnerR

TurnerR Ride motorcycles, have fun

Oddometer:
    GOD!!!! I just got off an awful midnight shift. I know exactly where that is and want to get it now....:lobby

I will get it and another when I wake up. Sweet thread man!:freaky
  4. jonesy54

Oddometer:
    great
    post em up when you get em!
  5. TurnerR

Oddometer:
    Finally had some time to grab that tag. Great ride :evil

[​IMG]

The next one is a little more east. A great road, actually my favorite road in Tennessee, that will connect two highways. Might as well do another bridge. Watch out for the spider "WEBBS".

[​IMG]
    AliUp likes this.
  6. JoeWannaB

JoeWannaB Usually a nice guy

Oddometer:
    Sorry for the temporary Hijack.

You are all invited to a ride and barbeque at my cabins in the Nantahala Gorge near Bryson City, NC on May 2nd. Details are here. http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=445667
    hope to see you there. Now back to your regularly scheduled program.
  7. jonesy54

Oddometer:
    This is tennessee, we have bodies of water going everywhichway, its hard not to do a bridge or river or lake or pond or something, there are so many to choose from.

For you lurkers out there:
    Tag #1 was Blythe Ferry in Rhea Co.
  8. TurnerR

Oddometer:
    Very true jonesy... I hope mine wasn't too hard... or maybe we just don't have to many east tn boys... easttnrider.com won't approve me yet. I'm waiting to play over there as well.
  9. jonesy54

Oddometer:
    yeah, I dont know...i think there are quite a few inmates from east TN on here. It may just take a while for the game to get going. if it fizzles out it fizzles out. but we tried.

I think i found your tag on google maps a few minutes ago. I'll try to get it later this week unless i get bruce'd. but that doesnt seem likely at this point.
    [​IMG]
  10. SDS

SDS introverted excavator

Oddometer:
    I know 'zactly where that's at, but I can't get away right now to ride up there.....
  11. Willbilly

Willbilly Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm in! :clap

I researched that one and found it, unfortunately I can't get away from work this week to collect it.

Looking forward to baggin' some tags soon though.

PS What does "bruced" mean?
  12. TurnerR

Oddometer:
    Yes sir thats exactly the spot. Hope somebody will grab it in a day or two. I have a few places I'd like to hit up :wings
  13. Python423

Python423 TnAdvRiders.com

Oddometer:
    This should be interesting..
  14. jonesy54

Oddometer:
  15. TurnerR

Oddometer:
    You guys need another hint?? Or a new tag? I'm itchin to find another one :evil ...

In case some folks couldn't find mine look between 64 and 411. That should lead ya to the bridge.:lurk
  16. jonesy54

Oddometer:
    i have known where it is for a while, i just havent gotten to ride in several days...
    and all the rain this weekend didnt help much.
  17. Katoom119

Katoom119 Mmmm....Orange Kool-aid

Oddometer:
    I'm in. Might take a bit before I can drag it up here into the Tri-Cities but when I do it'll be worth the trips, trust me. I've got a few places already in mind that'll be a worthwhile ride.
  18. machinebuilder

machinebuilder Long timer

Oddometer:
    I started that way Sunday but DAMN it was cold. I got as far as tellico and turned around.

I've got some ideas for some interesting spots, I just need time and weather more inviting

Dave
  19. jonesy54

Oddometer:
    dang the the weather yesterday was fantastic so I rushed home from work and threw on my gear to go grab a tag.

Pictures are dark and grainy because I was racing the sun to make it to the tag before it got dark. I think I lost but I still made it.
    STELLAR road, TurnerR, its definitely on my list of favorites now.

Webb Brothers General Store in Reliance TN
    http://www.webbbros.com/

[​IMG]

looking the other way:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  20. jonesy54

Oddometer: