Concours C14 thread

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by Wout67, Dec 1, 2008.

1. MAN OF BLUES

MAN OF BLUES COG #5977 EX-TECH EDITOR

Oddometer:
    yep, it's a rock, nut you will nweed TPS replacement (which thay are doing) and also, if you have a catastrophic failure in an intro-year bike, it's nice to get an assist....
    I don't know ya, but I ben here a while, and was the Tech editor for COG for a couple years... don't know where you are coming from on that response, but I will say if you own a C14, and got an offer from Kaw office for almost $700 for this, you might want to think a second, but then if you don't have a C14, it's all moot..........:rofl
    I happen to own the first one in Va.... and I'm a bit partial. Have a nice day.:lol3
    you can drag this over to either of the COG sites if you wish for further discussion.....that's where i live
  2. MAN OF BLUES

Oddometer:
    wtf?:topes:mulie:lurk:pynd:asshat

oops sorry to take it on on the other poster, but I have to ask you what gives?
  3. thetable

thetable Long timer

Oddometer:
    My Connie has been pretty damn solid, but in the last two years, of I would have had to pay out of pocket for any of the warranty work to be done, I'd cover that 319 pretty damn quick. I'm not sure I'll be keeping mine much after warranty, and I'm not sure how they'd feel about extending the warranty with a six digit odometer, but...

That is a smokin' deal MoB. It's the difference between "might pay for itself" and "money well spent!"
  4. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    he's not pimping, nor is he a vendor.. passing on info for those who might be interested.
  5. NestorK

NestorK Artiface Artisan

Oddometer:
    Fair enough.
  6. Barry

Barry Just Beastly

Oddometer:
    I used the vendor mentioned in Richmond to purchase the 36 mos extension on my 2008 C14. I did it all via e-mail and phone, never even met the guy. I have 10 minutes in getting an additional 36 mos on my warranty.

Barry
  7. cablebandit

cablebandit Web Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I still have a year left on my 2010 warranty but I'll most likely extend it since I'll likely hit 50,000 trouble-free miles in the next year or so.
  8. cablebandit

Oddometer:
    Oh, just to keep it ADV related....many of those miles have been on dirt. :evil
  9. olie

olie Long timer

Oddometer:
    +1. BTW, I did use this vendor last year for my extended warranty. Got his receipt and the following day got the Kawa certficate. Perfect transaction!
  10. MAN OF BLUES

Oddometer:
    thanks GB, I'll also explain that I worked with that vendor to provide this discounted warrantee to all of my COG bretheren, and he has honored his price and words since 2008, many happy customers :clap:clap:clap

as I noted, even if you might keep your newer bike past the expiration date, you really should grab this up NOW, as I have a feeling Kaw is forcing a mandatory increase come August..... :deal, and even though Pete will still offer it for lower than anyone else (he promised...) it may still go up.

also note that even if you already have a GTPP extension, you can ADD another 36 months right now, which will roll into play when the original expires, so if you bought a 2008, and got a GTPP right off, you could still add another extendo, and essentially be covered from 2008 thru 2017 :eek1:deal:clap
  11. backoutonthehighway

backoutonthehighway ATGMOTT/MOTGATT

Oddometer:
    Hey MOB,

Can I buy two GTPP extensions at the same time?

Thanks for all your work on this!

12. dbw

dbw Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Are these USA plans available to Canadians. The 2 year extended warranty from Kawasaki is over $1000 here. Thanks.
  13. JohnnyTh

JohnnyTh Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Bought myself a 08 c14 and love it more each day. Just hoping for spme more nice weather before the winter is here.

[​IMG]
    davyjones likes this.
  14. Egodriver71

Egodriver71 Rider of something

Oddometer:

But not available to us Fluridiuns :cry
  15. NuckaMan

NuckaMan Space Available

Oddometer:
    Any complaints with this bad boy from long term owners?

I test rode one when the Kawi Demo truck was in the area....was really impressed with it.
  16. thetable

thetable Long timer

Oddometer:
    73k miles on my 09
    It tries to roast my legs in the summer.
    Lost a fork seal around 20k
    Battery was dying in one of the TPMS sensors at about the same time
    Cam cover gasket started leaking about 40k.
    Final drive seal went south at about 42k. (Took two trips to the shop to get it actually fixed right.)
    Rear wheel bearings went at 60k.
    All this stuff was taken care of under warranty. (And I still have 7 months left.)

First valve inspection, nearly every valve was out of spec, since then they've all stayed put, although I'm past due now for another inspection.
    Eats through rear tires like a fat dude at a buffet. (I'm a fat dude, I can make that joke.)
    She's been a great bike for me, I'd buy her again, although I might pony up for the 10+ with the better heat management, the ABS, and the traction control.
  17. Streetslammer

Streetslammer Littering and.......

Oddometer:
    Gteat info, what milage did you have the 1st valve inspection??
  18. cablebandit

Oddometer:
    I'll probably get my first valve adjustment this January or February. I'm a wee bit over spec on my 2010 at what will be about 40,000 miles by the time it goes in. Kawasaki US says 15,000 miles, everywhere else is 26,000 I believe.

I've not had a single issue to date. My buddy has 85,000 on his and just normal wear items were replaced.

Take the tire eater moniker to heart. I'm absolutely thrilled if I can get 5k out of a rear.
  19. Bryn

Bryn Leicester England

Oddometer:
    About to pull the trigger on an '09 GTR1400 with 9000 miles on the clock ..... Just sold my Triumph Explorer... the seat and riding position was killing my Coccyx :(:
  20. thetable

thetable Long timer

Oddometer:
    I did it at 15919 miles. It was a nightmare, and every time I get about halfway into it, I tell myself that I'm going to pay somebody else to do it next time, but frankly, I just don't really trust the shops to do it. I've read so many stories of people taking theirs into the shop for the first inspection and everything being "in spec", while everyone doing their own is saying a good portion were out of spec.

One note about going the DIY route, the big HotCams kit won't have enough of the sizes that you'll need. Had to go to three shops to get enough of the right sizes to finish the job.