Two Bro's full system transforms a 2005 GS!

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by R-Monster, Mar 9, 2010.

1. R-Monster

R-Monster Da 14R will make you a star....

Oddometer:
    Greetings,

It has been a while since I checked in. Today I installed the latest two brothers full exhaust system ( part number [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]005-1270108[/FONT]V) on my 2005 GS.

First off, I had already taken out the cat in the stock system and have all dyno readings from stock to the de-cat procedure.

The bike has been transformed. The full system retains the cross over pipe on the header and the weight saving is dramatic with the Titanium end can.

I will post a sound file and photos in the next few days. A PC3 power commander will be added in the next few weeks as well to take full advantage of the power increase.

I had a two brothers slip on my 99 R1100Gs and the quality has improved drastically.

I will get the full system dyno'ed in the next month too.

Here is the best part--- Star Cycle in california sold the full system for $499!!

R.
  2. R-Monster

Oddometer:
  3. Ricardo Kuhn

Ricardo Kuhn a.k.a. Mr Rico Suave

Oddometer:
    Minneapolis (don't even ask how i end up here.
    Sure and will be Transform again in another 10,000miles when the Exhaust pipe fall apart like a cheap watch and this is taking from first hand experience.

Two Brothers Never Ever again:fyyff
  4. darrendeep6

darrendeep6 BMW Dirty Dozen

Oddometer:
    It's been my experience that TBR exhausts are good for one thing, making noise. They're not known for quality exhausts. I don't think you'll get alot of people signing on and singing praise. If you're happy that's all that matters.
  5. crazyhawk99

crazyhawk99 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It does sound like it could be loud and from what I have read 2 Brothers tend to be loud. That being said, you got it for a decent price and if you are happy, that's all that matters.
  6. eng943

eng943 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Congtrats.

How about a sticky for all the exhaust clips?????
  7. R-Monster

Oddometer:
    I drove down to work with Ear plugs and at open throttle it definitely needs the restrictor for street use.

The quality has improved markedly, certainly on par with the other USA made pipes.
  8. crazyhawk99

crazyhawk99 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    How much quieter is it with the insert? It would be nice to hear an audio clip of it with and without the insert from idle to say 4K rpm.

Good to hear about the quality improvement.
  9. R-Monster

Oddometer:
    Greetings,

Here is a link to a GSXR600 with VALE end can with and without the restrictor.

http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=238610

I will post a video of my 1200GS with the P1x restrictor for comparison as soon as I receive it. The P1x quiets the sound by 7-8 db, the P1 restrictor is useless IMHO.

For street use it is too loud without the baffle.

I have to say the full system really adds a lot of personality to the twin, It has a very unique sound.

I tried a top end run and the bike was way too lean to pull redline in 6th. The stock mapping cannot compensate adequately for a no -cat full system.

Best

R
  10. R-Monster

Oddometer:
  11. RED CAT

RED CAT Bumpy Backroader

Oddometer:
    Smaller dick!
  12. Dirty Hippie

Dirty Hippie Somewhere in a canyon

Oddometer:
    Sounds really wicked without the insert. Sounds sorta like lawn equipment with the insert. Pretty loud either way. Pretty nice for five bills. Congrats!
  13. eng943

eng943 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Congrats and thanks for posting a video.
  14. Warthog

Warthog Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I ran a used 2Bros M2 Vale can on my HP2 for a while. I abused it, and it held up pretty well. Eventually the rivets came loose, and I had to repair.

Hey, $499 for a full system is a darn good deal. I've found that the only weak link on the pipe are the bands that are riveted to the shell and hold the ends.

Your pipe sounds really good without the baffle, and still pretty good with the baffle. The baffle probably improves your low and mid-range torque a bit, which is probably where you need it - unless you have a habit of running 1/4 mile sprints at every stoplight, or buzzing the freeway at 110mph.
  15. BigDuck

BigDuck Don’t be too practical.

Oddometer:
    Is there much difference in power with the stock system with catalytic converter in and with it out??
    How much difference in power between teh stock system with cat out, and teh 2 brothers full system?
  16. eng943

eng943 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    A couple years ago a hexhead 1200 RT owner did a dyno comparison and picked up around 5hp by removing the cat.

Honestly, that's where the majority of the restriction is in the exhaust, and hence where most of the new found power comes from in all aftermarket systems.

The stock silencer/muffler is relatively efficient, which is why even a great slip on like the Akrapovic only gives you an extra 2-3hp.
  17. BCC

BCC I know better

Oddometer:
    Looks good on the bike. Sound is nice. Bit louder than stock, but well with in reason. Be nice to see your dyno comparison.
  18. BigDuck

Oddometer:
    Seeing as you seem to know what you're about; is there any/much sound difference on the stock muffler with the catalytic converter in or out??
  19. R-Monster

Oddometer:
    Removing the cat ( I cut the stock exhaust and had cat removed, punched out) and re-welded back the stock header.

The sound is deeper and you get a fair bit of raspberries off throttle. I think I picked up 3 or 4 horsepower on the dyno.

The bottom end was missing and I didnt really like it that much. The stock muffler is pretty restrictive.

I have not had a chance to drive the full system with Power commander ( full system map). In my experience a properly mapped bike has it all over any stock system.

It may be some time before I get a chance to dyno the bike as it is still cold up here.

I hope that covers off most of the questions. The bike revs up so much faster now it is remarkable. Remember, the cat makes the motor work pretty hard.

I just remembered I have an old analogue style DB meter from radio shack, I could have tested it before/after and posted the DB numbers, lol.

Most important question is ..... Would I purchase the system again. Yes, but not for 1200$.

The stainless header looks great with the crossover pipe and bronzed pieces that hold the header to the engine. The system weight compared to stock is maybe 20 pounds lighter and the bike has some personality now. A welcome change on a 5 year old ride. The mapping will be the icing on the cake when properly dialed in. I took off the stock oxygen sensors and screwed in some bungs.

R
  20. BigDuck

Oddometer:
    Quote: " A welcome change on a 5 year old ride. "

....like a boob job on an old wife?