Ride to the Condo750 and a bit of a trip

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by mendydrz, Apr 17, 2013.

1. mendydrz

mendydrz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    So the time was coming up for the Condo 750 to get underway. Had it on the calendar to do a few days riding around after it and explore some of NSW.

Day 1

Had me slabbing it up the bitumen to Bathurst, then onto Orange via some back dirt roads then more bitumen into Condobolin. Didn't stop for much other than fuel and a lap of Mt Panorama and at 'the dish' in Parkes. About 8 hours all up in the saddle and I was definitely feeling it. I got into Condobolin around 5pm and set up my camp ready for the following 2 days of rally.

At MT Panorama

[​IMG]

There was lots of this

[​IMG]

Day 1 setup
    [​IMG]

Day2.

Saw the start of the Condo 750 and watched some of the bikes/quads before heading back to the pub to watch the rabbitohs lose and drink a lot of beer.
    Some photos from the rally
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Day 3.

I woke up on the Sunday quite gingerly but I didn't watch the second day of the rally as it wasn't in my plan. I loaded up and was on the road by 0930 heading south towards Mt Weddin national park via Lake Cowral and a lot of dirt tracks.
    The dirt roads were in good nick which saw me sit at a pleasant 90kmph.
    Lake Cowral was pretty full and there were plenty of birds kicking about. I went around the road closed sign to check out the lake and soon found out that the sign was there for a good reason.

Me at the lake. My boots sunk into about an inch where I was standing

[​IMG]

There used to be an old post office here back in 1898,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Entrance to the nation park. Not a great deal there to do. But I checked out Ben Halls(he was a bush ranger) cave which is fenced off to stop vandals and set up camp

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Day 4.

It's saw me head into Grenfell for some fuel and a coffee, then onto Crookwell via Rieds Flat and Bigga rd for a top up, new tyre and supplies.
    From there I found out my soft panniers could hold a 10can pack of bundy rum!
    I headed out of town towards Lagglan taralga rd on my way to Wombeyan Caves for the final night

Me at Victoria Arch

[​IMG]

Climbing around
    [​IMG]

Day5.

It rained over night, which brought a lot of morning fog which would keep skippy hanging about for longer than usual. I had a shower, the first for a fwe days and felt like a million bucks. Not wanting to wait around I was packed up and rode off towards Mittagong by 0830

Me at the lookout an Nattai NP

[​IMG]

Another view, you can see how foggy it was

[​IMG]

From there I gunned it home and was through my gate at 1030 to upack and wash my kit

All up it was a good week away solo
  2. robmoto

robmoto Long timer

Oddometer:
    Good report thanks for posting [​IMG]
  3. mallee

mallee Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Good report there mate:clap
    Lake Cowal was a great duck shooting spot back in the days when we were allowed to shoot.

Mallee
  4. WILL_S

WILL_S OUTLAW POSTIE 001

Oddometer:
    :thumb
  5. Not for Highway Use

Not for Highway Use Wannabe hasbeen

Oddometer:
    Cheers for the good report.

How did you plot your route? By map, google or just ride?
  6. ghte

ghte Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for sharing and taking the effort. Do I take it you knockedd of the 10 cans of Bundy in one sitting
  7. Thomo55

Thomo55 MX Enduro Adventure

Oddometer:
    Trip looks the goods.. Sure beats working!:freaky
  8. mendydrz

mendydrz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I used google and motowhere for rough plotting with main roads and tracks, but plugged in the route on my gps point to point so I had all the info incase I came a guttzer and had to get on the sat phone with a grid ref. I had hard copy maps and a compass if all else failed. Guess that's the army coming out lol

The bundy went down a little to easy,
    Definitely planning my long service ride.