The BAJA RALLY de MOTOS

Discussion in 'Racing' started by Scotty Breauxman, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Scotty Breauxman

Scotty Breauxman Baja Breaux

Oddometer:
    It's Coming...

Attached Files:

2. Scotty Breauxman

Scotty Breauxman Baja Breaux

Oddometer:
    http://www.bajarallymoto.com/
    ERENDIRA, BAJA CA, MEXICO-The time has come for a bike specific rally-raid series in BAJA CA and Bajarallymoto.com has just announced the first ever BAJA Rally de Moto's in partnership with ACOSAQ Championship Series in Northern BAJA. This event may likely evolve into a bigger event and series including rally-raid cars in the next few years.

The Rally of Baja de Motos is the first ever navigation based motorcycle “rally raid” to be held in Baja, CA, Mexico. Using the same roadbook navigation criteria based on the world famous DAKAR Rally and World Rally-Raid Championship, this inaugural multi-day rally raid will not only test the riders’ endurance, speed and skill, but more importantly, their ability to read terrain and the roadbook given to them prior to each stage.

This is not a race nor is it a 3-day fun-ride for a worthy cause. Pure and simple, this is a “rally-raid” running through totally undisclosed sections which will include the full range of varying terrain that Baja CA has become famous for: From graded roads to off-trail sections; from the beaches and dunes to canyons, valleys and washes. The inaugural Rally of Baja is limited to the first 20 entrants and with a standby waiting list for an additional 10 entries. The maximum number of starters will be limited to 30 riders, all of whom will comply with basic technical and compliance requirements.

Dates:
    October 4th-6th, 2013

Guaranteed entry is limited to the first 20 registrants and secured by deposit on a first come, first served basis. Online registration opens here at bajarallymoto.com on May 5th, 2013. Additional entries will be accepted at the discretion of the BajaRallyMoto.com and limited to a maximum of 30 participants.

Lodging and Bivouac:

Included in your entry fee is two nights hotel after each stage, with dinner and breakfast included in both. This saves the time, hassle and logistics of trying to book your own rooms and gives participants a warm shower and comfortable bed.

Fuel:
    Included in your entry is all of the racing fuel you will need to complete the BAJA RALLY. Riders will need enough fuel capacity for and 80 mile range and should show up to the first "special stage" with their bikes fueled. Our team at BAJA PITS will provide participants with SUNOCO racing fuel at 1 remote location during each stage and at the bivouac after the first days stage.

Entry Fee: $950
    The all-inclusive entry fee covers the rally, 2 days special stages, 2 nights hotel and meals, racing fuel after the start of stage 1, roadbooks, compliance, and racer T-Shirt.

Prize Money: $1500.00 (US$) minimum

Classes:
    There will be only one class: Open

Limitations:
    400cc-990cc 4 strokes

Requirements:
    *Road book reader (manual or electric)
    *Odometer (manual or electric)
    *Electronic compass (GPS or other)
    *GPS: All riders must deliver an approved GPS receiver at registration the day prior to the rally. The GPS unit will be “cleared-out” and re-configured to race director’s specifications. Each GPS will be returned to the riders the morning of the first stage. Each rider is responsible for recording his or her own tracks and will be required to hand in their GPS receiver at the end of each day. It is the rider’s responsibility to ensure the GPS maintains its recording function throughout each timed stage.
    (Optional) SPOT TRACKER: Properly configured SPOT trackers are optional for your own safety purposes.
    (Optional) AERO Medivac Insurance- There are several forms of "medical evacuation" insurance packages available including the GEOS plan offered through SPOT.

The course route:
    The course route for each of 2 days will remain a vague mystery until the evening prior to the first stage when the road book is handed to each rider after registration. The stages will be confined to within the boundaries of north western BAJA CA.

Bivouac and intra-rally lodging:
    2 post-stage encampment areas will house the rally participants after each of 2 days of special stages. The price of entry will include 1 hotel room per participant, dinner and breakfast at each of two hotels.

Support crew and chase teams:
    Chase teams will have limited access to the course route because there is no outside assistance allowed to each rider. Riders and support crews will be given the location of each days bivouac area prior to the rally beginning.

Registration and Technical inspection:
    Ensenada Friday October 4th starting at 2:00PM. Location TBA

For More Info From Baja Rally visit: www.bajarallymoto.com

Attached Files:

3. wrk2surf

wrk2surf on the gas or brakes

Oddometer:
    THE exact center of California/Bass lake/Yosemite
    My pulse just quickened.. !!
  4. zenjen

zenjen Go Outside

Oddometer:
    Is this what HogWild has been working on? :ear
  5. Baja Dad

Baja Dad Long timer

Oddometer:
    sounds GREAT !!!!
    But may I ask why only 20 racers???
  6. Yellow Pig

Yellow Pig Allergic to asphalt! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Sweet!
  7. GnarlyKarle

GnarlyKarle aka: ici_moto

Oddometer:
    :lurk
  8. K_N_Fodder

K_N_Fodder Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm psyched. I hope the 20 rider limit (edit: 10 rider! limit, with a possible 10 more) is designed to test the concept and logistics, maybe also hoping they'll get a bunch of big names to up visibility. Hopefully if it's successful they'll expand?? :ear But wow, a low priced?? opportunity for Norte Americanos to get practice in Rally Raid with a Dakar format roadbook... I like it.
  9. MotoMinded

MotoMinded Rally On Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    :clap
  10. HogWild

HogWild Skott Whitknee

Oddometer:
    No, "Diabolical" is a different event. This is all Scotty B's deal. The only credit I get is maybe nudging him a bit to look into this cool world of rally roadbook navigation. After that he just went nuts all on his own and created this event. It's looking really good! The date is the weekend after NORRA's second rally, which is likely to be roadbook only also. Block out those dates for a long week of great racing!

BTW, this is not the good news I hinted at for M1K, but it's along the same lines. :evil
  11. RenoMoto

RenoMoto Rally Navigator Supporter

Oddometer:
    It's on my calendar and i'm looking forward to watching this event come together and grow the sport.

Congratulations to the organizers and thanks for including Rally Navigator in this project.

Super stoked!
    Mike
  12. K_N_Fodder

K_N_Fodder Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Breauxman did this? Well done man! :clap
  13. johnson357

johnson357 Bad Monkey Racing

Oddometer:
    :beer
  14. KZJohn

KZJohn Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This sounds awsome :clap. We need more of this style of event here. Now, how do I carve out $1000 by May 5th?:evil
  15. Baja Dad

Baja Dad Long timer

Oddometer:
    deposit !!!!!!!
  16. wrk2surf

wrk2surf on the gas or brakes

Oddometer:
    THE exact center of California/Bass lake/Yosemite
    Save cans and sell used stuff .. my plan !!
  17. beechum1

beechum1 Dandole Gas al Burro

Oddometer:
    Dakar specs as in tulips and nav en francais etc?
  18. Motorfiets

Motorfiets Long timer

Oddometer:
    why can't these rallys be during summer break?!? :cry
  19. Baja Dad

Baja Dad Long timer

Oddometer:
    I am 100% going to do this !!!!:muutt
  20. Yellow Pig

Yellow Pig Allergic to asphalt! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Too Hot!