The OLD Old's Cool Flea Market (closed & archived)

Discussion in 'Old's Cool' started by Nata Harli, Dec 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nata Harli

Nata Harli Accidental Tourista Supporter

Oddometer:
    +1 :deal
  2. angryasianguy

angryasianguy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Good evening to all!

I have been working on a cb360 for quite some time (my first and only bike actually) and have been having some engine trouble. Alas, the engine has seized up completely. Now, I am not a gearhead. This particular bike has been quite an up-and-down experience (mostly down), and most of my motorcycle time has been spent as a failing ADVMechanic instead of being a beginning ADVRider. With the engine now toast, I am not looking forward to tearing apart the engine for the third time to determine what went wrong, maybe fix the issue, and hope that my next riding season will fair better than the 500 miles I got on it so far. What I really want to do is ride this season.

So this is what I am looking for:

A CB360 or CB350 complete engine (Preferably a running engine as I REALLY do not want to wrench the insides for quite some time, but I know its a longshot)

-or-

Suggestions for potentially putting a "newer" air-cooled engine into the old girl's chassis. I have seen a ninja 250 engine in the frame, but it was fugly, and I think that if it ever fell over the radiator would break instantly. Could a Rebel 250 engine work? What about a dirt bike engine? I would like to stay on the lower cc division if possible.

Now, I am sure some of you out there would suggest for me to go out and buy the new TU250. While that looks like an awesome choice for a beginning rider, I have a painful fondness for the old 360 (I named her Christine, which could be why I am having such a problem as it is).

Thank you all in advance for your help, and I look forward to this year's adventures (perhaps I will be able to do my own... :D)

Lee
  3. Robb

Robb Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
  4. mneblett

mneblett Professional Lurker

Oddometer:
    I need a set of brake rotor *carriers* for my 1988 R100RT -- the disks can be in any condition; I only need the carriers for Spiegler to convert for mounting their floating rotors. Anybody have an old take-off set of rotors laying around in their BMW parts pile??
  5. DJones

DJones Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Looking for a large tank for a /6. PM if anyone has one for sale.

Thanks
  6. CurlyMike

CurlyMike Formerly SaddleSoar

Oddometer:
    WTB: Left/Clutch controls and wiring whole thing for a 1975 R75/6. The one I have is broke at the tightening gap gap and the wiring harness is cut way short.
  7. Wirespokes

Wirespokes Beemerholics Anonymous

Oddometer:
    That happens when the triangular wedge is missing.

Also, don't try to keep the controls absolutely locked to the bars. Just clamp them tight enough so normal use won't rotate them. Then, if the bike falls over, they can twist without breaking a lever or mirror.
  8. CurlyMike

CurlyMike Formerly SaddleSoar

Oddometer:
    I was trying to spread them slightly and BANG. Might try to weld or just JBWeld and drill and tap a set screw that would hold it in place. Wires are an issue as well, trying to reach Robert about that issue...
  9. NC-Okie

NC-Okie Long timer

Oddometer:
    WTB '68 to '70 CB350K0 or K1 Gas Tank. Also if you have other items just PM me with the details.
  10. curlysurfer

curlysurfer in need of a ride

Oddometer:
    HI guys, looking for a few parts for my stock rebuild. located near Sydney Orstalia, so I'll pay postage etc.

seat - condition not too much of a problem, but would like to see more steel than rust if possible. i'll recover it, if needed. The one below is up for grabs if yo know what it's off. it is probably the best item on the bike, just wrong seat.

side covers, and the clip that hold them in. I don't actually know what holds them in place as there is curently only wire twisted up ATM

I have hard panniers and bars to hold them, plus side protection bars that I may be pursuaded into selling. bit of surface rust on the crome parts.

Sorry for the phone pics, this was how it was picked up. better fitting seat anyone, and what is this seat off??
    [​IMG]
    bits n pieces
    [​IMG]
    panniers
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  11. Wirespokes

Oddometer:
    I believe the seat is from an 86 to 95 airhead. Looks like Staintune would be a good option in the muffler department. :wink:

I may have a seat pan and foam for you - I'll have to take a look. Were you planning to use the fairing? If not, I may be interested in it.
  12. Jo-Nathan

Jo-Nathan Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've got too many bikes, so...these gotta go.
    CB 175, I think it's a 72
    [​IMG]

XL 250, I think it's also a 72
    [​IMG]

We'll start at $200 each, highly negotiable. I might be into some trading depending on what you have. I know I said I have too many bikes, but we all know that's bullshit, these just aren't the kinds of bikes I'm into right now. PM me for details/with offers or e-mail me at jdw07@uark.edu. Neither bike has a title, but if you're in Arkansas, that doesn't really even matter with bikes this old. I'm looking for a few XS650 parts, RD350 and RD400 parts, early ATC 90 (US 90) parts, maybe some CB350 stuff, and possibly some rims for my 98 CR125.
  13. Chobro

Chobro spinning the wheel

Oddometer:
    Anybody got a mounting bracket for this........

[​IMG] ?
  14. s10rat

s10rat Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nice and round:clap
    mad max police bike?
  15. Wirespokes

Oddometer:
    Hannigan? I think a regular Vetter, Windjammer, or Luftmeister mount will work. If that's true (check with Hannigan, they're still in business), PM me.

BTW, cool looking fairing!
  16. tkb

tkb Mr. Britten's bike

Oddometer:
    Northern California N40 14.804 W121 09.068
  17. The Raven

The Raven Banned

Oddometer:
    Looking for a stock rotor for my 80g/s. Mine is buggard. Currently crossing the USA on one that is toast...not very fun. Someone must have one kicking around after a big brake upgrade. Let me know.
  18. Chobro

Chobro spinning the wheel

Oddometer:
    Thanks,

Yeah, it's a Hannigan.

It's a unique mount, I have a 'jammer mount and it's different. I think they are a couple hundred from Hannigan. We'll see, I'm not sure if I want to put it on the bike.

Another ADVer sent me this photo, I may try to replicate it using the WJ mount as a starting point....

[​IMG]
  19. icebox

icebox Long timer

Oddometer:
    Looking for a set of Krausers for a airhead, 74 R90. Have the racks. Don't have to be perfect. I don't do ebay, they and paypal drive me nuts. Not in a hurry as I still have snow. Thanks
  20. TwoWheelLife

TwoWheelLife Been here awhile

Oddometer:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.