Installing Bark Busters

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by troyrice76, Dec 14, 2011.

1. troyrice76

troyrice76 n00b

Oddometer:
    Just got a Kawasaki KLX250 Dual Sport and started installing the bark busters tonight. Got the grip off and saw that the ends of the tube had a sleeve inside. I cut the end of the bars just enough to remove the sleeve.

I need to slide the throttle in however there is a hole in the bar to keep the throttle in place. Should I drill another hole to move the throttle in or just cut the nub off of the back of the throttle housing and slide it over? If I were to buy and aftermarket bar the holes are not present like they are on a stock Kawi bar so that leads me to think it is not all that important.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Troy
  2. NorthCoastRider

NorthCoastRider Livin' the dream

Oddometer:
    Just grind the locator pin off the throttle housing. The housing will not rotate if it is secured tightly to the bar. I would not recommend drilling a new hole because it would weaken the bar.
  3. kpt4321

kpt4321 Long timer

Oddometer:
    It is unlikely that the hole in the bar, given its size and location, will significantly weaken it.

You can either drill a new hole, or grind the nub off and run without it. I've done both, it's just a matter of preference and the particular bike.
  4. LukeDuke25

LukeDuke25 Adventurer

Oddometer:

+1 on that. I have also ran numerous bikes both ways, and have not had any difference, or effect. My most recent bike included. I have Enduro Engineering handguards on them now, scrapped the cycra stealth DX.

Luke
  5. Pablo83

Pablo83 Sleep, Wrench, Ride

Oddometer:
    I always grind the pin off. I've done it on many bikes and never had a problem.
  6. troyrice76

troyrice76 n00b

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the input. Ended up going with a Renthal 7/8" CR High bar, Moose hand guards, and some ProTaper grips. Can't wait to get it on the trail...

Thanks for your input.

TR