WV dualsports,check in

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by Tetched, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Tetched

Tetched Left over from the 70's Supporter

Oddometer:
    Where are all the guys/gals ? Are we to few and far between? I read central and see daily contact between riders and enthusiest. I see riders in VA talking about routes and rides. I have riden with a few from WV on occasion,so I know they're out there. So lets check in folks,where are ya? What do ya ride ? Post pics of your ride,Lets get something goin.

Tetched St.Marys,WV 05 KLR, 08 KTM 990, 09 KTM 530 exc
    Kaylr St.Marys,WV 05 KLR, 11 BMW 650 GS
    dirtridr5115 likes this.
  2. pnoman

pnoman Just Average

Oddometer:
    klrmike,

I'm still living in Illinois for another couple of months until our son graduates from high school. Then, we'll be moving back to WV (I was born in Clarksburg, met my wife in Morgantown at WVU, and now own my grandparents old 133-acre farm near Petersburg, so I still consider myself to be a Mountaineer). I've been out there on my two Air Force Retirement Rides (2005 and 2006) and can't wait to be riding there full time again. I should be somewhat available for rides this summer and fall as we get settled and I hopefully get a job. I'd be glad to join y'all for a group ride some sunny day.

To read my ride reports, our family drive to Alaska and back in 2007, and also 3 years of Europe travel (Air Force, not bike rides :cry ) just click here.

Hope to meet all the WV riders this summer. God bless and ride safe.

pnoman
  3. wvrocks

wvrocks Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey Mike, good idea! I'm over in the Canaan Valley area. Drop me a line if you guys end up over this way.
  4. WFOhillbilly

WFOhillbilly Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey, I finally made it here.:D Sounds like fun. I'll probally go Sunday if the weather is good. I don't mind the cold, just the ice.
  5. wvrocks

wvrocks Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Mike, you should be fine on the dirt roads if the weather holds. Almost all the snow is melted off right now. Water crossings may be high. We had a bunch of rain on Tueday and combined with snowmelt there's a lot of runoff. Its in the 50's today and sunny. I think they are calling for snow starting on Friday night though. Even if you do make it up this weekend I can't ride, ski patrol on Sat, EMT class on Sunday, KLR in about 50 pieces waiting on parts from Arrowhead. :cry Have a good ride if you do make it!
  6. roninwva

roninwva Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Lets get this started. 06 Wee-Strom, Hurricane W.Va. Picture is day I arrived back from Arctic Circle/Alaska trip last summer. 10,281 miles in 26 days.

Attached Files:

7. cliffhanger

cliffhanger hasbeen

Oddometer:
  8. wvrocks

wvrocks Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Aww. C'mon Mike it was 45 with light rain at 7 am in Canaan. Got nice and sunny, up into the 50's for a bit. Then all hell broke loose around 11:30 and the temp dropped almost 20 degrees in 30 min and the snow started dumping. Cliffhanger and I were discussing your possible bad choice while out on a car wreck today with the fire dept. Think you made a good decision staying home.
  9. wvgreenhorn

wvgreenhorn n00b

Oddometer:
    KLRMIKE,

Another WV dual-sporter checking in! I just recently picked up an '05 KLR and I'm dying to get it up into the mountains!! I'm a little concerned with the Avon Gripsters that came on it, but they couldn't be any worse than the stock Trailwings on the V-strom I sold a while back.

A fellow KLR rider taught me a very important lesson, when planning a route up into the mountains like you guys have, always know where to stop early in the morning for the best gravy and biscuits!! :evil On your route that would be the Philippi Inn just out of town on Rt. 250! If you were staying on Rt. 50 and comming on over my way, it would be Cool Springs Park.:D

Since you got snowed out this weekend, maybe I can hook up with you on your "make-up" trip?
  10. Oops409

Oops409 Tom

Oddometer:
    Hey,

We in East Virginia enjoy the Western part of the State as well. This pic is in the Laural Forks area. It took a while to get un-stuck...

[​IMG]

I am only about an hour away, as the crow flies. ..Just over that hill:

[​IMG]
    malmon likes this.
  11. torrey45

torrey45 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey, Just moved to Charleston. Always looking to go riding. I'll check this thread for rides.
  12. cliffhanger

cliffhanger hasbeen

Oddometer:
    I'm sorry to say that I missed that ride. Good thing for us it was well documented here Becoyote's video of the extraction is priceless.
    Neal
  13. Nightster

Nightster n00b

Oddometer:
    Hey Mike, I'm on my way out to go riding, be ready.:D
  14. WFOhillbilly

Oddometer:
    Nice to see you finally made it John.:clap You guys have fun. Maybe we all could get together next weekend and ride, if the weather stays nice.
  15. Gabby

Gabby Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey Mike,
    I thought I knew most of the stuff around your way, but that stuff looks new to me. Must have been a great day to ride ( I was stuck here at work). I hope to hook up with you guys and do a little riding this spring/summer.
  16. WFOhillbilly

Oddometer:
    Your killing me Mike. You know I gotta work.:baldy Oh well, at least I can look at your pics and dream.:D
  17. 9Dave

9Dave Bazinga!

Oddometer:
    :raabia

Hi Kay! Hi Mike!

That kitchen must be pretty well done if you are out riding.:ear

I can almost see my drive through the snow. Hopefully it will be clear enough to get out riding this weekend.

Dave
  18. ohioroadrat

ohioroadrat It`s YOUR fault !

Oddometer:
    HI Mike & Kay.....Pics look great....can`t wait till "Spring Fling" and I`m almost out of cookies. How many dozen were in there anyway?
    Just got back from Datona in time for all this snow. WTF?
  19. 9Dave

9Dave Bazinga!

Oddometer:
    Nice rack! The deer ain't bad, either!!!!:rofl :rofl

You OK? The helmet sure took a lick.

Dave
  20. KayLR

KayLR Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey Dave, his head took a lickin! I come home and find him with a headache and some blood blisters on his head. It should be be purdier tommorrow--I'll Get pics:evil I couldn't believe his head got that bruised up in his helmet. Hell of an excuse to get that new helmet he was looking at in IronPony when we were up there...