Old School Rally Bikes

Discussion in 'Old's Cool' started by Achtung, Jun 16, 2007.

1. Achtung

Achtung Wicked Pisssah Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Most people dream of a lovingly restored concours d' elagance cream puff. Something that softly states "I am a classy individual". They obsess over every detail and whine over every scratch or blemish. If only those folks realised that with each coat of clear they spray on they go further to bury the soul of a ounce proud soldier. The bikes I lust after are the grizzled old veterans of a thousand trips. The bikes that wear a coat of oil on them with pride. I am not talking about RATS. I hate bikes that are ugly just for the sake of it, or received all their wear and tear at once, at the hands of some squid's abuse. I envy the old timers who have worn their bikes in like your favorite pair of jeans and now the bike is as much a part of them as a leg or arm. I have aquired a new to me R75/7 that will over time be transformed. From here it starts for me. Lets see yours.
  2. Achtung

Achtung Wicked Pisssah Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I hope to update this thread from time to time with the progress. This bike was liberated from a shed where it sat for years. I have already rebuilt the carbs and had the tank sent out and resealed. The clutch was frozen to the pressure plate so I removed the tranny and clutch pack cleaned and lubed everything up and now it works great. What doesen't work great are the shocks. After a few good bumps they get frozen in the down position and turns the bike into a hardtail essentially. Any thoughts on good cheap shocks?