1190 panniers

Discussion in 'Hard. Core. (1090/1190/1290)' started by Stromcat, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Stromcat

Stromcat Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Anyone else having problems with the locks on the 1190 panniers? Mine seem kind of sticky,and the panniers are not the easiest to put on and take off.And yes,I have the revised keys.Maybe it is just my technique,maybe there is a nack to it.
  2. -blank-

-blank- Adventurer

Oddometer:
    i used them during 2 different trip, that the best crap you can buy, boring has hell to fit them on the bike, lock never close on fist time and it's the same pain with key. I have lose the topbox on the road and still cannot understand how ...
    The right one is pain to fill with the exhaust path, cover seems so thick that you don't want to use them as chair in camping.
    After 1 tip i regretted a lot to haven't take the touratech, after the second, for sure it was an error.
  3. XsilverGS

XsilverGS Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have the topbox and I usually leave it unlocked as I'm afraid of breaking the key.

I've also had an occasion when the key wouldn't turn and I couldn't remove it due to its position in the lock. I was 80 miles from home and wondering how I was going to get back as the key is also the ignition key. I guess it would have been a Recovery job.

It also fills with water when it rains!
  4. AdvIvan

AdvIvan Rock on!

Oddometer:
    Mine actually is water tight, but the locks are a joke. The first batch panniers do have some kind of KTM factory warranty on them, after what I understand. My dealer promised to fix them during winter maintanance, or replace them with new. The locking mechanism is made out of plastics. I wonder how long thew will hold up...

Besides the locks, I like them. The price, however, is something I didn't like!
  5. Womble_CH

Womble_CH dribbling baboon

Oddometer:
    I hope they improved that on newer panniers. I will get mine in abt. 2 weeks and I chose - after lots of hesitation - the plastic panniers, because they build less wide than other solutions.