Precision Motorcycle Racks review

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by SauceSquatch, Oct 4, 2014.

1. SauceSquatch

SauceSquatch Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I purchased a PMR rear rack for my DRZ400 S just before an off-road trip and I just wanted to say how pleased I am with my purchase. I was quick to buy, the design was what I was looking for; I was short on time and there were not many reviews so I felt as if I was taking a gamble when buying. Seems like they are a newer company and there were not many reviews online. Most of what I saw from other products were racks that had tubed bars all the way around, this has tubed bars on the outside and stamped flat-stock as the top of the rack. IMO it's a perfect design. The tubed side gives you grips/handles to hold onto the bike to move it around or pick it up and the flat-stock top is perfect for loading up gear on a flat surface. Best for all there are pre-drilled holes for Rotopax. It came with extra hardware and it was was shipped quickly, I received mine in 3 days. :clap:clap:clap

I've owned it for 4 weeks now and have taken it off-road twice, it's holding up pretty good, I do wish the powdercoat was a little thicker/stronger... I fell a few times with it, there are no bends but I have a scratch that dug through the coating.

All and all very happy with the purchase, would definitely buy again.

*on my rack I wrapped the side holders with bicycle handlebar tape for easy grip, hack for a little more grip.

This is the shorter of the two sizes they offer for the DRZ.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. andrewsw

andrewsw Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I hope this is appropriate thread-jacking. Seems so based on the title :)

I just purchased and installed PM Racks luggage racks for my 2012 DL650. I'm impressed with the quality for the price. Installation was straight forward, though I needed a little muscle to get the last bolt to line up. Build quality is good and the look is very nice. They look like crash bars for the rear.

I haven't had an opportunity to load them up yet, but I'm confident they'll hold more weight than I'd care to put on them.

My only quibble is that the bolt heads are not recessed into the fittings when installed. And it would be nice if the fittings nested into the stock fittings to help keep some load off the bolts. But I don't think this will be an issue. And I can see how it would push the cost up.

I traded emails with the company before ordering and he was quick to respond and helpful.

Overall I'm very pleased. Luggage racks delivered for under $100 that will easily accommodate my crappy old fieldsheer saddle bags with capacity to spare.

Left side:
    [​IMG]

Right side:
    [​IMG]

A
  3. MillCreek

MillCreek ADV Risk Manager

Oddometer:
    I had PMR side racks, bought off eBay, for first my 2009 DRZ400 and then my 2012 DL650. Very nice pieces of equipment, rugged as heck, and installed easily. All for a very fair price. I recommend them.
  4. NikNine

NikNine Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Shout out to Lee at PMR! My mounting hardware was getting warn from taking my seat on/off. After checking hi and low locally for M6 x 1.0 x 60 Flat Socket Cap screw, I emailed Lee, "No problem ... I will ship you 2 more bolts .... tomorrow". Totally awesome!
    Faol and SauceSquatch like this.