Tucson Area Bulletin Board:

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest & whatever' started by russbryant, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Lonerrider

Lonerrider Been here awhile

Oddometer:

This guy and his crew built a garage for me last year. Name is Martin Calvo, 520-272-1514.

Nothing like a recommendation form a complete stranger!! :rofl I tried to find a picture of the completed garage in my phone, but all I have is in-between shots. All in all, it was a good experience. Just like any contractor, you have to ensure that what you want is conveyed completely and accurately, and of course don't hesitate to require things to be made right if they aren't.

Let me know if you need anything else.
  2. Lonerrider

Oddometer:
  3. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:
    Thanks, I'll keep it in mind.
  4. Turtlebone

Turtlebone Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Turns out the bike was shifting hard from 3rd to 4th for a little while. Finally, when shifting from 3rd to 4th, it locked up the rear wheel. The stealership looked at it and found a hole in the case. My dad just wants to replace the entire thing and send his back in exchange for the reusable parts. He has the motor sitting in the garage awaiting its replacement. I'll check in the DR thread for some leads. Thanks guys!
  5. Lonerrider

Oddometer:
    Wow, that's pretty catastrophic!! Never heard of a DR having that issue before.

Good luck with the replacement.
  6. kobukan

kobukan almost gnarly

Oddometer:
    Sounds like another 3rd gear blow-up.
    Link
  7. Turtlebone

Turtlebone Adventurer

Oddometer:
    He found a replacement motor on ebay and is working out the details on getting it. I'm going to send him that link to check out the 3rd gear blowout thread. Thanks for that! Definitely sounds like it's the same issue.
  8. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:
    Does the trip up cascabel road from Benson to San Manuel really take 3 hours as google maps suggest?
    Never been on this road and it looked like a decent loop to do tomorrow afternoon but I may not have the time if it really takes 3 hours.
    I was expecting it to be a pretty standard dirt road taken at a pace that didn't make 45 miles take 3 hours. I'm riding my tiger 800.
    Thanks
  9. HoosierTrailmaster

HoosierTrailmaster Just an Old Grizzly

Oddometer:
    Ya, that is probably pretty close to right. It is reasonably high speed (I have been over 100 on a stretch or two), but there are some blind turns on gravel as well, so you have to be careful. I know it took us at least 3 hours to go from Wilcox to Mammoth, so it might be closer to 2 1/2 hours.
  10. kobukan

kobukan almost gnarly

Oddometer:
    I've ridden it numerous times and I don't think it takes three hours, but it always seems to take longer than I think it should - primarily due to reasons mentioned above - lots of twists and turns and blind corners on gravel and you have to be careful. It's kind of a nice ride - worth doing imo, and there's some other great riding out that way.
  11. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the info
  12. mgorman

mgorman Crashing since 1964

Oddometer:
    Hello,

There is a good chance I will be in Tucson the last few weeks of March, riding in on a 950Adv from Ohio. From there I have no clue, Staying about 4 days then either the west coast or as far up the mountains as the snow will allow me.

If any of you have a must see in the area or on the way in from the east, send me a PM so it doesn't clutter up your thread

Thanks,

Michael

13. KIC

KIC Proud Army Dad

Oddometer:
    Tucson, we keep our ice in the freezer, Arizona
    Clutter up THIS thread ?? :rofl:lol3 Now that there is funny...:rofl
  14. KIC

KIC Proud Army Dad

Oddometer:
    Tucson, we keep our ice in the freezer, Arizona
    Hey Guys,

I am going to sell my 1985 YZ250. I have had it since 1990. It has been sitting for several years. The stator went out and I installed a new stator and flywheel several years ago. It ran when it was parked. When I installed the new stator, I didn't like the wiring connection so I took it back out and never got back to finishing it. Tried to start it a couple of months ago, has spark, fuel and air..just wouldn't fire. I think I knocked the timing way out. I had just put 2 new tires on it, and the last time I rode it at Pinal Airpark, I beat a YZ426 from a dead start.:clap

I have the manuals, it has a side kickstand.

Anyways, I don't have room for it, as I have my son's project bike to finish ( 87 Yamaha Venture) Thought I would throw it out here first before Craig's List. Hoping that somebody buys it to ride it instead of parting it out. Looking for $250.00.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  15. mgorman

mgorman Crashing since 1964

Oddometer:

The Ohio thread isn't much different. Of course, asking about your area may start the brain storming for new rides
  16. HoosierTrailmaster

HoosierTrailmaster Just an Old Grizzly

Oddometer:
    Red Garter tonight...Beuhler?
  17. rpage11

rpage11 Skip

Oddometer:
    Cathy and I are heading over
  18. Greenstreak-750

Greenstreak-750 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I will gladly take this fine Yamaha off your hands for the low, low price of $250.
  19. emerson.biguns

emerson.biguns All idiot, no savant

Oddometer:
    RG tonight anyone?

I need to feed Ashton because Cathy kidnapped our chef.

[​IMG]

20. russbryant

russbryant Long timer

Oddometer:
    I was planning to stop in.

Russ