2013 Lucas Oil Pro Motocross series

Discussion in 'Racing' started by nachtflug, Apr 11, 2013.

1. nachtflug

nachtflug I'm not going to talk about that.

Oddometer:
    He'll have RV/RD/51/JS7/Eli/41/18 and a few wild card to discuss it in detail with. I would think the problem is if he gets enough sponsors for the series he'll have to see it through and he may not relish getting lapped and weekly dog fights over 9th place.

Like Greg Norman he might make a whole lot more money off the track then on. Should be interesting, personally I hope he gives it a go if he does it will mean he's up for it which COULD mean he's still competitive in the top 5.
  2. motomike14

motomike14 Thumper Crusader Supporter

Oddometer:
    Stewart officially out for Lake Elsinore. Me thinks we may have seen the last of him for a while. Curious if Yoshimura will continue to field a team next year with potential free agents like Tyla Rattray (rumors are he's back off to Europe), Blake Baggett, and the now ever-popular Weston Peick. And, have to think Weimer's seat is flaming hot right now. Monster Energy cup right around the corner already...
  3. enduro0125

enduro0125 Sticks and Stones™..

Oddometer:

James begs to differ.

http://instagram.com/p/dQN4uIBPWe/
  4. nachtflug

Oddometer:
    jesus christ words of wisdom from James Stewart!

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. When the past calls, let it go to voicemail, believe me, it has nothing new to say."

:super
  5. SigPig

SigPig Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Peick to ride 7's bike for the last round.

22 to RCH for next season and rename team to CRCH.

Twitter Chatter.
  6. nachtflug

Oddometer:
    Tommy Hahn to ride a Geico Honda CR 125 for press day. today?
  7. KZJohn

KZJohn Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That would be cool! I love the sound of a 125 at WFO being hucked around a national caliber track, ( or Elsinore :lol3). I miss the old days, maybe that's why I still have a 125 in the garage :clap.
  8. Dieseldog13

Dieseldog13 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Has Direct TV dropped Fuel TV? It is no longer listed in my list of stations that they provide. Gave up trying to reach their customer (lack of) service. It has been a workout this year trying to record all the races.
  9. GearedUp

GearedUp Long timer

Oddometer:
    On Dish, Speed is now listed as Fox1, and Fuel is listed as Fox2.
  10. nachtflug

Oddometer:
    TwoTwo Motorsports Chad Reed has confirmed he will not compete at this weekend’s final round of the 2013 Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship, opting to focus on preparing himself physically for 2014 and work on the teams future commercial arrangements.

A testament to his love of the sport, commitment to his sponsors and gratitude to his fans Reed, who has endured a tough season beset with injury and ill health, has soldiered on and at times, against medical advice.

The Australian’s 2013 campaign suffered a major setback before the season started with his knee not healing 100% and requiring further surgery.

“2013 was never going to be a good year for so many reasons.” Reed explained. “I am focused on ensuring that every detail, both on and off the track is covered 110% so we start next year with the momentum that we should.

“I am not finished not by a long shot and neither is TwoTwo Motorsports, our sole focus right now is to secure our commercial arrangements and partnerships to ensure we have a well funded, two rider team that is competing for wins and championships every time we are on the track.

“In hindsight maybe I should of stopped earlier in the season to focus on my health but I soldiered on both equally for the sponsors and the fans.

“It is now at the stage where there is no point in doing so. I am not riding to my full potential, I am not representing the sponsors in a way I am comfortable with nor am I giving the fans the show they expect of me or deserve,” Reed continued.
  11. Pantah

Pantah Jiggy Dog Fan Supporter

Oddometer:
    Kind of hard to read JS7 and Chad 22. Add in Ben Spies and a few others and 2013 took its toll on motorcycle racers. Tough sport. :cry
  12. nachtflug

Oddometer:
    I don't think Reed is hard to read. He's wasn't physically up to SX or MX for 2013 and he STILL was running top 10-15 outdoors.

He's not done yet.
  13. enduro0125

Oddometer:
    This has to be the most boring season ever. :snore
  14. ADK

ADK .

Oddometer:
    well, thank God it's over then. Oh, wait, the first 250 moto is on at 10e (just saw the second moto). then, it's over. :freaky
  15. enduro0125

Oddometer:
    The 250's weren't boring.

The 450's were a snooze fest.

No one could even keep RV in site ( when he didn't take himself out),head to head nobody was even close.

These guys really need to step it up if they want to dethrone the new GOAT.

Maybe they should make him start backwards on the gate like they did with some fast local pros in our series. :evil
  16. nachtflug

Oddometer:
    Not true. Dungey was. He won moto's and a won overall's. Dungey isn't the kind of guy who is going to risk a 2nd place and he had a lot of them. When Dungey was wining moto's RV didn't distinguish himself by running him down for the win. I think RV is the better rider but Dungey is right there with one of the best ever.
  17. enduro0125

Oddometer:
    Every Moto Dungey won RV crashed,correct?
  18. Tee2

Tee2 I SAID! Woo Hoo!

Oddometer:
    Did anyone go to the race? I would like to hear what it was like being there. Because from what I saw on TV that track made Utah look Awesome. It didn't look like any viewing form track side, unless you have VIP passes. Is this the future on MX tracks? I hope not, I would rather see less races at quality real tracks that let the fans get up close to the track.

250's was where the action was even though Tomac walked away with it. 450's was boring. Now everyone is going to be saying "Wait till the SX season, it is going to be the best ever", "...deep field of riders", "...If everyone stays healthy". We heard it all before. It will probably be the two Ryans 1 and 2 and everyone else racing for 3rd. The big question every week will be which James Stewart shows up, the fast smooth one,that can win races. We don't see him much anymore. Or the one that crashes. I hope Tomac has something for the Ryans. Until there are three or more people that can win week in and week out, it will be the same old, same old.
  19. Gordy

Gordy SUPPORTER

Oddometer:
    Let's see, Milsaps on a KTM, Tomac and Roczen moving up, Barcia is improving, Anderson on a KTM and is improving. Yeah, I can't wait!! :clap

You might see your first KTM sweep of the 450 podium. :deal
  20. Tee2

Tee2 I SAID! Woo Hoo!

Oddometer:
    Last I heard was Roczen and MM signed a two year contract with KTM for 250's. That was last August. You know he is moving up?