Hawaii Adventure riders check in!!

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest & whatever' started by MOTARDJUNKIE, Sep 30, 2008.

1. MOTARDJUNKIE

MOTARDJUNKIE Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    MY name is David and I live in kaneohe bay HI. Hitting Kahukus Offroad park on saturday and wondering if anyone wanted to come with me and show it to me. I have never been so its bound to be an adventure :D

PM me if you wanna go.
  2. MOTARDJUNKIE

Oddometer:
    Guess Im the only one living in Hawaii.
  3. Rat Bones

Rat Bones Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    when I fly in after the new year I will PM you and ride with you then :evil

I want to spend at least one day with a GS Rental.

Since your the only ADV Rider there. :freaky

Don't know when or where yet, were just now planning a trip.
  4. MOTARDJUNKIE

Oddometer:
    Ok Just let me know. We can check Maui Dual Sports while your here. 169 per day for a gs and we can ride MAUI!!:freaky
  5. Mudcat

Mudcat Unregistered

Oddometer:
    There is a new GSA owner posting in Gspot, he lives in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:State><st1:place>Hawaii</st1:place></st1:State>. Goes by the handle of mrt10x
  6. Oni

Oni Ronin

Oddometer:
    Hey bruddah

There is a group of serious dual sport riders in HI. Don't remember if he posts here or on Thumpertalk.

Wish I was there! :D

:D

Katonk
  7. Southest US Thumper

Southest US Thumper Extreme n00b

Oddometer:
    Aw there's bunches of folks in Hawaii, well at least some, such as meself, Mauna Kea, PHACTORYPHIL, Great Sandhu, AllEuro, and at least three or five others, o.k. two of them moved to the mangeland.

I'm on the big island, haven't ridden for almost five months while recovering from a fricken shoulder injury from the Mauna Kea 200 LOOK HERE . Riding is pretty good over here for DS in the way of having a quality plated dirt bike to avoid trailering, the Super Ferry is supposed to start to this rock next year, put your bike on the boat and come on down! :clap

Talofa
  8. Southest US Thumper

Oddometer:
    Oh yeah, the guy that bought my last and nicely farkled DRZ is a squid that works in the P3 Squadron assigned to MCBH, blue, yosh pipe, BD tail light, pegs, etc. etc.
  9. MOTARDJUNKIE

Oddometer:
    HEY!! I BE DAR BOUT DREEOLOCK!! :rofl I posted this same add on Thumpertalk. Found a guy who rides Kahukus on the weekends. SHould be going with him Saturday. I have also ridden up on Haliewa with a guy named Buz. Im slowly meeting some riders around. Most truck their bikes though. Buz dont but nearly all at Kahukus do. :huh Guess they dont get Dual Sports. As far as DS rider group, Im all about it!! Oh and why arn't you here??

I'm planning on doing it! I have wanted to ride the big island since I got here and got my bike! Its not everyday you get 3 years to ride all over Hawai'i. I'll get there in die time. Gotta save some cash for a hotel. They can get expensive over there. Unless you wanna loan me a cot at your office :D

Im in the Marines and Im on MCBH. Wouldnt happen to know if he is still here would ya? How long ago did you sell it to him??
  10. MOTARDJUNKIE

Oddometer:
    Im deff coming to the big island to ride!! I saw your pics from the link you posted. WOW!! I will be there as soon as the superferry starts going. Ill buy you a beer or 10 for a guide around the island for a day or two.
  11. Andyinhilo

Andyinhilo Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm checking in from here in Hilo, fairly new to the DS thing, I finally decided to start riding again after a 15 year break. I used to be a Suzuki dealer many years ago in Fla. Road raced and motocrossed, but never was much for on/off road bikes. Back in May I got a new DR650 and then a used DR200 to play with. Let us know when you come to the BI.
  12. MOTARDJUNKIE

Oddometer:
    The ferry already goes to Maui so riding with you would be no problem. If we could just get a ride from the to the big island we would be set. The wife already cleared me to go and spend a few days riding all I gotta do for his everything she tells me. (not problem since I do anyway, I gotta live with her ya know :rofl) J/K

If you want to find us some trails around Maui I could come over on a Sat and ride all day with you and then come back on Sunday.
  13. Southest US Thumper

Oddometer:
    Junkie -

I believe he's still there, he was deploying last mssg I got from him but those P3 deployments are usually 90 days or so. He wasn't interested in the 17" Excels I had for the bike so I sold em seperately.

MAG 24 is coming over later this month, throw your bike on the back of a 53 and ride the mountain!:evil
  14. MOTARDJUNKIE

Oddometer:
    Wish I could man, Im in the grunts and the wing guys dont like us very much:huh

Either way I will be there before I deploy in May to afghanistan :clap

Ill be over there in Feb for the PTA field op. Illbe sure to find ya. WOnt be able to bring my bike on that one though
  15. Southest US Thumper

Oddometer:
    I'm in Bldg T-180, right across from the Shoppette, down the hall and to the right.
  16. Oni

Oni Ronin

Oddometer:
    I used to be one of the wing guys :D No probs with grunts here...lotta my friends were grunts.

Thank you guys for your service! :clap My buddies bro is in Afghanistan. Stay safe!
  17. MOTARDJUNKIE

Oddometer:
    When I get over there Im gonna come look you up. We get weekend liberty when we are there, you got an extra bike I can ride or know if I can rent one over there?

Please allow me to rephrase, Most Grunts dont like air wingers due to their HUGE egos about being the tip of the spear, backbone of the corps. I know first hand, I used to be one of those guys then I was pinned (I mean it was coming from everywhere) down in the Al Anbar Province during Operation Spear and I can honestly say with out the air wing, I would most likely be dead right now. Not only did you guys help take out the badguys with the Cobras you were even nice enough to bring in the 53's to a near by LZ and give me a ride back to the FOB. From that day on I said I would never say bad things about the wing. We are all in this together. Im headed to Afganistan in may, Gonna save up a few bucks to work on the ole DRZ. If you even come back to HI let me know, we will get together and ride.
  18. Southest US Thumper

Oddometer:
    Dude -

Pegasus was here twice today bringing parts for a broken bird, there was plenty of room for a DRZ.

[​IMG]

Lemme talk to the boyz, we can possibly get you a ride!!!
  19. MOTARDJUNKIE

Oddometer:
    If you can get me a ride IM THERE!! Just need to know a little in advance to get it ready.
  20. Southest US Thumper

Oddometer:
    See that Mountain back there? That's Mauna Kea, plated bikes can ride all of the roads and firebreaks, no plate? then you can only ride about 65 miles worth. :evil

Trying to get spousal approval for another bike, if it works out I'll have a ride for yah!