2011 PPIHC - 26 June 2011

Discussion in 'Racing' started by Kyler, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Kyler

Kyler Geezer

Oddometer:
    Sheet Johnny - Dave has a new FFE and a rear hub adapted for a car tire for his TL1000. :evil

Dude - you might loose all the advantage of having an F2 with those challenges. :huh
  2. maple1

maple1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    He's ridden with less! Just work through the list, John. My bike leaves tomorrow,:D at least that will be out of the way. One fresh meat, good bite

Attached Files:

3. JohnnyKillmore

JohnnyKillmore Mountain Goat

Oddometer:
    The bike was built with 10in rims. It has 13in rims now. The dirt track tires I got are 4in bigger circumference, so 2in more diameter, so 1in more on each "side" front to back. That leave the chair hitting the body, the rear hitting the seat, and the front hitting the suspension. It's that close. There's just nothing I could find that would fit these rims. 13 in is a bastard size unless you have a narrow econo-car wheel. The Hoosier slick and the Avon slick is all I found. I was really hoping those Hoosier dirt tires would work, but they're destined for ebay.
    The gearing is probably hopelss. The chain hits the lower run of the swingarm with the 11T front, and I'm stuck with a 34T rear because the brake caliper bolts block the sprocket from being bigger. On Tues I will try to find hex head bolts (allen bolts now have a taller head) and maybe then I can run a 38T or 40T rear, which might be a little tall, but still much closer to perfect.
    It's just always been a let down to me to have to ride thinking about saving a tire, or having to slow and be careful making 1-2 and 2-1 shifts, yada yada. I've never been good at slowing down when the equipment isn't 100%, I just break something. It's fine though, I keep saying this is a learning year with a new passenger. I just have to remember that while I'm behind the handlebars. :)
    I at least have everything done but the gearing and a new chain, and the little stuff like stickers and washing and waxing. Dealing with the chain was just totally unexpected. I should have know the 11T wouldn't work. EVERYTHING on the bike has no clearance, it's a tiny bike when you take the body off. There's 2ft of nose that's just fiberglass.
    I'm just cranky because I want to be compiling tools, getting the trailer lights fixed, and that sort of stuff, not riveting chains together and re-tapping English standard threads for American standard threads, or pulling my whole rear hub to change a sprocket.:cry
    -Johnny
  4. maple1

maple1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    plane ride soon:D
  5. Whoopdefraggindo

Whoopdefraggindo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    pics please :D
  6. maple1

maple1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    we'll figger out something.....:freaky
  7. Kyler

Kyler Geezer

Oddometer:
    The #1 problem with racers posting pics is the damned agreement prohibits it :huh

But I suspect I can get one of the fans coming along to post some of theirs... :wink:
  8. JohnnyKillmore

Oddometer:
    Unless the agreement changed, you're prohibited from filming the actual race, like an onboard camera. Pics around the pits, etc, are still fine.

I can't get my phone to post pics straight to my facebook page, so I wont be much help. I'll be doing updates on my news page at www.johnnykillmore.com , and I have www.johnnykillmore.smugmug.com as well, but I'm 25 min from internet access via laptop. Sending cell phone pics was so easy until ping.fm started screwing up on me...
    I still like "dumb" phones though damnit.
    Johnny
  9. Kyler

Kyler Geezer

Oddometer:
    correct...

10. Barry

Barry Just Beastly

Oddometer:
    Good luck everyone... go fast, keep it on the road. Enjoy.

Barry
  11. 1Bonehead

1Bonehead Fearless of Falling

Oddometer:
  12. Pablo83

Pablo83 Sleep, Wrench, Ride

Oddometer:
    I saw the TreMoto bike (#529, exhibition class) at Apex today. This sort of thing really interests me.

[​IMG]

http://www.tremoto.com/
  13. JohnnyKillmore

Oddometer:

Thanks so much!!!
    -Johnny
  14. JohnnyKillmore

Oddometer:
    My smugmug album for the week is here:
    https://johnnykillmore.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/Pikes-Peak-2011/17693862_D5bG6Q#1349819366_b86mG6R

I'm just dumping in what people take with my camera, daily if possible. Today was really fun, though the bike got trashed in the dirt section and we spun in qualifying. One fellow on an ATV appeared to suffer a heart attack after taking the checkers in qualifying, and there was a long delay while an ambulance was dipatched. Emergency crews were nearby and ran up the hill to provide aid. The life flight helicopter was seen flying around up above where the cars were practicing, but I have no details on that either. No big crashed from the bikes/quads/sidecars. Chip Yates electric bike us absoluetly stunning as a piece of design, and he is supremely proud of it, and rightly so. FWIW and Bucho have concrete grins on their faces after 1st practice, and it's great to see them having fun and doing well on the Wasp sidecar.
    I've got an installement at http://johnnykillmore.wordpress.com/2011/06/22/pikes-peak-2011-day-2-first-practice/

Cheers,
    Johnny
  15. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
  16. RLK

RLK KLR VFR

Oddometer:
    It's NOT a lead ballon! Tried and true technology in the history of roadbuilding!

[​IMG]

:norton
  17. snowscum

snowscum World Owner

Oddometer:
    Some practice footage the last of the dirt. I know its cars but I havent seen any 2wheel action. Good luck to all the competitors tomorrow. I will be taking some footage till my batteries go dead or I run out of room.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwlQtcLq44w
  18. TeneRay

TeneRay Emotional Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hell with it. I'm staying up all night to head up to the gate a couple hours before it opens. Trying to get a spot just below Devils Playground.
  19. RLK

RLK KLR VFR

Oddometer:
    Tajima in 9:51:and some... Wow.

I'm an underdog fan. Get 'em Paul D. and Rhys!

Damn! Dallenbach did not start and Rhys Millen lost brakes *again*. You would think they could build a car with a breaking system that could last 12.42 miles. :cry
  20. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    Amazing! I've been rooting for Tajima for years.

I wish the live feed was better.

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" height="296" width="480">

<embed flashvars="cid=4668798&autoplay=false" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" src="http://www.ustream.tv/flash/viewer.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" height="296" width="480">
    </object>

Unlimited

<table class="standings Unlimited" id="standings" style="margin-bottom: 15px;" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><th width="5%">Pos.</th><th width="23%">Driver</th><th width="4%">No.</th><th width="14%">Halfway Picnic</th><th width="14%">Glen Cove</th><th width="14%">16 Mile</th><th width="12%">Summit</th><th width="14%">Finish Time</th></tr><tr class="racerRow"><td>1</td><td>Nobuhiro Tajima</td><td>1</td><td>01:40.254</td><td>02:55.600</td><td>02:28.253</td><td>02:47.170</td><td>09:51.278</td></tr><tr class="racerRow"><td>2</td><td>Rhys Millen</td><td>67</td><td>---</td><td>04:39.144</td><td>02:34.553</td><td>02:55.545</td><td>10:09.242</td></tr><tr class="racerRow"><td>3</td><td>Jean Philippe Dayraut</td><td>3</td><td>---</td><td>04:45.677</td><td>02:36.430</td><td>02:55.600</td><td>10:17.707</td></tr><tr class="racerRow"><td>-</td><td>Paul Dallenbach</td><td>98</td><td>---</td><td>---</td><td>---</td><td>---</td><td>00.000</td></tr><tr class="racerRow"><td>-</td><td>Dave Carapetyan</td><td>959</td><td>---</td><td>05:17.150</td><td>---</td><td>---</td><td>05:17.150
    </td></tr></tbody></table>