Wolfman Racks

Discussion in 'Dakar champion (950/990)' started by turbojet, Feb 5, 2013.

1. turbojet

turbojet Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I know this has been hashed out before but I own a new 2012 990 and am looking at luggage. I am familiar with all the options having had multiple BMW GS'S. So I've had Jesse and Happy Trail racks as well as BMW racks. I'd like something that will handle both hard and soft luggage as well as Rotopax stuff. This way I can mix and match as the riding demands. I'm leaning towards Wolfman racks with Wolfman soft panniers for off road and Pelican cases for on road. Other thoughts are Hepco & Becker racks or OEM KTM racks. I've also considered OEM Gobi cases but these seem very wide for everyday use. Like many of us I'm interested in daily commuter use of the bike and being able to haul shit around, which makes soft cases less desirable. :dutch:dutch
  2. sonoran

sonoran Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hard to go wrong with the Wolfman gear.
  3. Lomax

Lomax Nanu-Nanu Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    As said, Wolfman stuff is great. :thumb

Marc
  4. 950TRANSALP

950TRANSALP Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  5. The Griz

The Griz Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I've got Wolf/Backroads Gen 2 racks with Dry Line Expedition Saddle Bags. Great stuff. I don't think I'll ever go back to hard bags.
  6. Supahflid

Supahflid Wheelieless Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    +1
  7. amanlikemike

amanlikemike Recovering Speedfreak

Oddometer:
    If you go for Touratech or Metal Mule racks, this could be your 'soft option' (which includes the ability to also carry RotopaX):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For hard cases, you can then select anything that also fits to those racks, with these ALP platforms as a potential addition to those hard cases, to enable easy on/off over rougher terrain:

[​IMG]

Full spec on these options can be found here: http://www.kriega.us/ADV-motorcycle-panniers/, but feel free to let me know if you'd like any further detail.

Cheers,

Michael
  8. sonoran

sonoran Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Kriega makes good stuff too but 4x the price of Wolfman Expeditions is ridiculous IMHO.