Jesse Safari Cases??

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by GH41, Jan 5, 2013.

1. GH41

GH41 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have a set of Jesse 9" Safari cases for a F650-800GS I am trying to sell. Where is the best place to list them?? I tried here at what I thought was a reasonable price and didn't get any action. Are there any regional dual sport forums. I am in SE US. GH

[​IMG]
  2. JustKip

JustKip Long timer

Oddometer:
    I saw your add and started to post there. Your initial asking price was way out of the ball park at $1250? More? Nobody will offer the $800 (maybe a little more?) they generally go for with an asking price that high.

The reduced price of $1050 is still more than you're going to get by a a bit

THIS site probavbly IS the best place to sell them.
  3. GH41

GH41 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I guess I am looking for a buyer looking at paying Jesse for new cases. We are after all talking about six month old cases that are in as new condition. If they were used up I would understand the assumption that my asking price was high. Thanks for your input but I will keep them before selling them for 800. GH
  4. vtbob

vtbob wanderer

Oddometer:
    Yep your price is too high

FWIW a couple of year a go I bought a set of 10 inch Odessy "demo" cases and brand new mounts from Explor Motor (then the Jesse exclusive retailer) for $750. the case had been use in some show and had huge Jesse decal that I had to peal off or look at forever...otherwise perfect.
  5. skysailor

skysailor Rat Rider

Oddometer:
    Then keep them.
  6. GH41

GH41 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I will re list them for $300 shipped. That is the least I can do for the dedicated inmates here. I am desparate and selling them may mean I survive another couple of days. GH
  7. JustKip

JustKip Long timer

Oddometer:
    They're worth what they're worth. "The least" you could do is accept it and not be a dick about it.

I'd love to sell my "like new" Micatech cases for $1300 before selling my bike, but there wouldn't be any interest if I asked that price. It is what it is
  8. GH41

GH41 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just another guy that doesn't have a bike the cases fit. It is amusing... I think I am batting a thousand at this place! GH
  9. JustKip

JustKip Long timer

Oddometer:
    What's your point?
    I'm planning on getting a new bike for a South America trip starting in oct and the F800 is on my short list, along with a couple of Honda twins.
    Used boxes at new prices didn't make my list at all.

Jesse cases are Jesse cases. You see them in the flea market regularly, and they go for the same price reguardless of which bike they're for. ($700-$900) Yours are no different. They're aluminum boxes. You ignored several rules with your FM ad (no price in the first one, excessive bumping in the second) and now you're being bitchy here. You should stop it :deal
  10. GH41

GH41 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I love this place! The guys with Volkswagons bitch about BMW prices! I started this thread trying to find a place to sell my stuff... The village idiots are telling me how little it is worth! I wonder who far you have to go to get banned here???? GH
  11. Loutre

Loutre Cosmopolitan Adv

Oddometer:
    Can we get this right before it is getting out of hands?

For those who will stumble on this thread with the same question:

Flea market

For the others can we get back to basics and talk about bikes, RR aso?
  12. JustKip

JustKip Long timer

Oddometer:
    Getting banned is pretty simple, really. Post pix of boobs, insult family, threaten, or "bait" a mod.

If you can't sell something in the ADV Flea Market, YOU can't sell it. Period.
  13. skysailor

skysailor Rat Rider

Oddometer:
    $300 shipped? I call dibs
  14. runnin4melife

runnin4melife Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Go to the flea market, if they are used but like new I would sell for a few hundred less than they are worth new. I think $1k is a good asking price for nice new luggage.
  15. GH41

GH41 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks runnin but I have tried there. I don't blame people for not wanting to pay 2/3s retail if they want to trash them off road but Jesse wouldn't be in business if people didn't buy new cases. That is the guy I am looking for. GH
  16. skysailor

skysailor Rat Rider

Oddometer:
    You're coming across like a troll. If they don't sell on this site, try another. Or have some cheese with your wine. I could be across the street, dying for the bags, and I would buy them from somebody else. Enough already.
    Lyle
  17. GH41

GH41 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I love you to Lyle... If the cases would fit your Bandit I would understand your position. GH:D
  18. Dyno

Dyno Conquistador

Oddometer:
    I bought a set of used Safari's and the mounting racks with very mild damage for a F650/800 GS last year for $720, shipped. Your price seemed steep when I viewed the ad originally.
  19. GH41

GH41 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks, You gave me an idea.. I'll put a few dings in them to bring the price up... Dings gotten in far away places are probably worth top dollar! I guess I could lie and say they were damaged while mounted on a Honda to make them worth even more. :DGH
  20. MTKNZ

MTKNZ Touring Kiwi

Oddometer:
    Ahhh I see it now, a 'bait and switch troll'.

Perhaps you could try selling the cases on ebay or maybe craigslist....
    good luck, you may need it.