Wyoming Question

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Rockies' started by TRZ Charlie, Feb 6, 2014.

1. TRZ Charlie

TRZ Charlie That's MR. Asshole

Oddometer:
    I am part of two groups that are headed to Atlantic City this year in August. Our first destination is Atlantic City for our first two nights and on from there. We will slab from Arkansas to Rock Springs overnighting there and then we start our trip on the 24th.

Leaving Rock Springs my intent was to head into Superior first then on up to Atlantic city on routes that were made using ride report information and Mapsource, Base Camp,and Google Earth. Leaving Superior on "Upper Superior Road" you eventually come to a road called "Horse Thief Road" BLM land. When flying/viewing it in GE it looks bad.

So my questions:

1. Is there a way through to the Emmigrant Trail and the Hay Cabin from Superior that is big bike friendly with a camping load?

2. Should I just re-route toward Hiway 191 and Hiway 28 from Superior?

Thanks in advance for any help.
  2. FongMan

FongMan Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I know you can get from Point of Rocks to Atlantic city on pretty decent roads, August is going to be dry and hot with lots of silt holes.

Ive got my maps in my work truck so Ill bring them home.
  3. BigDogAdventures

BigDogAdventures Fart Letter Supporter

Oddometer:
    Charlie ------I don't have tracks exactly specific to what you wanted---but I have them all over Wyoming---some in that area---and one that goes right by the Hay Ranch. It's all stuff I've ridden.

None of which are on private land.

Holler------if you need something------send me an e-mail or better yet call me.

Mark
  4. byways

byways byways

Oddometer:
    Charlie, there is a lot of private property along the Sweetwater River, perhaps even most of the land east of the highway and along the river on South Pass, including the Hay Ranch east -- and of course the ranch itself. Much land all along the river is private, posted and at least wire-gated.

I encourage travelers to those parts to refer to the BLM's Surface Management Maps for clear going. BLM maps identify public and private lands, and will help you stay on public rights of way and public roads.