2013 ama supercross

Discussion in 'Racing' started by ADK, Sep 12, 2012.

1. dtysdalx2

dtysdalx2 The only easy day was yesterday...

Oddometer:
    Looks like CBS has SX the next two Sundays... :deal

<TABLE class=data width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=subtitle><TD colSpan=3>CBS Sports Spectaculars - Time (ET), Program</TD><TR class=row1><TD vAlign=top width="20%">Saturday, February 23</TD><TD width="20%">1-1:30 p.m.</TD><TD width="60%">CBS Sports Presents 75 Years of NCAA March Madness: Top 10 Upsets</TD></TR><TR class=row2><TD vAlign=top width="20%"></TD><TD width="20%">1:30-2 p.m.</TD><TD width="60%">CBS Sports Presents 75 Years of NCAA March Madness: Champs That Never Were</TD></TR><TR class=row1><TD vAlign=top width="20%">Saturday, February 24</TD><TD width="20%">12-1 p.m.</TD><TD width="60%">AMA Supercross Mid Season Review</TD></TR><TR class=row2><TD vAlign=top width="20%"></TD><TD width="20%">1-2 p.m.</TD><TD width="60%">Professional Bull Riding</TD></TR><TR class=row1><TD vAlign=top width="20%">Sunday, March 3</TD><TD width="20%">12-1 p.m.</TD><TD width="60%">AMA Supercross</TD></TR><TR class=row2><TD vAlign=top width="20%"></TD><TD width="20%">1-2 p.m.</TD><TD width="60%">Professional Bull Riding</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
  2. Shawnee Bill

Shawnee Bill Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:

Not sure what that schedule is, basketball, bull riding and SX?

Atlanta is on speed tonight, 7:30 EST Live.

The next week, St Louis will be CBS Sunday Mar 3, then live on speed for the rest of March.

So we have 6 more live broadcasts on Speed and 3 more CBS next day.

CBS does have that Mid Season review, SUNDAY Feb 24, not Sat and your times are EST I believe.

3. nachtflug

nachtflug I'm not going to talk about that.

Oddometer:
    christ what a relief 7:30 pm and LIVE!

those dozing off at 1 am's just as the gate drops on the 450's are tough.
  4. shocker4her

shocker4her When I am King

Oddometer:
  5. enduro0125

enduro0125 Sticks and Stones™..

Oddometer:
  6. SigPig

SigPig Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Nice timing from RacerX about 250/Lites riders trying the 450/SX class.

Premier Premieres (Aaron Hansel)
    The talent pool of the 450SX class is already overflowing, and with Eli Tomac making his 450 debut this weekend in Atlanta for the GEICO Honda team, the dam just might burst. To get some perspective on the situation, we delved into the Racer X Vault and looked at how some of the other moonlighters have done when diving into the premier class waters for the first time.

Kevin Windham – Seventh, Orlando 1996. On an interesting side note, Windham became the first rider in history to win while moonlighting in the premier class when he won the Charlotte Supercross in 1997. One year later, part-time big-biker John Dowd repeated the feat in the same venue. Both Windham and Dowd rode Yamahas at the time

Jeremy McGrath – Twentieth, Daytona 1992. Trust me, he got better—much better—in a hurry. That first race just didn't go very well!

Ryan Dungey – Fourth, Indianapolis 2008. After securing tenth in Daytona the following week, Dungey would take second in Minneapolis in the third 450SX race of his career.

Chad Reed – Sixth, Anaheim 1 2002. Remember, Chad was riding for Yamaha of Troy on a YZ250F in the East Region that year but we very anxious to move up and proved right away that he was almost ready.

Ken Roczen – Seventh, Houston 2011. The following year Roczen placed second aboard a KTM 350 in Seattle.

Trey Canard – Twentieth, Indianapolis 2010. After getting his debut out of the way, Canard would take second the following week in Atlanta before reeling off four consecutive thirds.

Cole Seely – Ninth, Indianapolis 2011.

Wil Hahn – Tenth, Toronto 2012.

Travis Pastrana – Fifth, Anaheim 1 2001. Remember, he had his big run-in with Ricky Carmichael there, and that brought out the boo-birds against RC.

Marvin Musquin – Ninth, St. Louis 2012. Musquin followed his debut up by taking fourth the following week in Daytona on a KTM 350, but that was as very wet race.

Damon Bradshaw - Third, San Diego 1989. As impressive as that result is, it was even more amazing when, one year later, Bradshaw won the very next two premier class supercross races of his career.

Ricky Carmichael - Sixth, Anaheim 1 1999.
  7. agmoto

agmoto Gôremā

Oddometer:
    After reading SigPig's post, and always being a 199 fan, I had to look it up....

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/F2SSxsaC9sI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

How often you see guys checking up on doubles like those anymore? :lol3

Andrew
  8. enduro0125

Oddometer:
    And how many of these guys decided a championship or took out one of the "Big Dogs"?
  9. enduro0125

Oddometer:
    <iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/60092746" width="500" height="281" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe> <p><a href="http://vimeo.com/60092746">Eli Tomac 450 Atlanta SX Preview</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user9586463">ALIAS</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>
  10. SigPig

SigPig Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    No idea. The article didn't dig that deep.

Fastest Qualifiers in 450
    Stewart
    Tomac
    Canard
    Barcia
    Dungey
  11. Tee2

Tee2 I SAID! Woo Hoo!

Oddometer:
    That is for practice 2.

Combined practice

Stewart
    Tomac
    Canard
    Millsaps
    Barcia
    Dungey
    Villopoto
    Reed
  12. SigPig

SigPig Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I stand corrected.
  13. nachtflug

Oddometer:
    From Munn Racing's Facebookpage.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  14. Shawnee Bill

Shawnee Bill Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Top 10 within one second, that's parity.

But what is Alessi doing that close?

And what's wrong with Tomac, he's not first?

15. nachtflug

Oddometer:
    Gavin Faith 8th in the 250's that kid had one heck of a ride at Dallas in his heat last week.
  16. Lappeman

Lappeman He's Down Again!

Oddometer:
    Looks like this is what Canard needs to jump start him again...Tomac racing with him. Honda riders trying to prove that each is better. This is going to be a great race. Everyone's healthy and ready to give'r! Alessi will get the holeshot and then be in everyone's way again!
  17. kingofZroad

kingofZroad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That's how you know it's an "official" AMA Supercross race, Alessi gets the hole shot and then fades to 14th place!
  18. zenjen

zenjen Go Outside

Oddometer:
    250 - Wilson

450 - Villopoto

:beer :lurk
  19. Lappeman

Lappeman He's Down Again!

Oddometer:
    They better be showing the race! Right now it's all about the big accident at Daytona Nationwide that happened earlier today. Dude is describing how they are removing a post and welding a new one in...it's live and he's going so far into depth on how this is being done and talking like the pole is a human :huh The media was at the hospital describing the atmosphere in the halls and...:huh Apparently there was about 30 fans that were hurt, only 2 that apparently were seriously hurt and are in stable condition. I feel for the injured but Media, leave them alone!
  20. vettex2

vettex2 X-Racer

Oddometer:
    they are showing the race