Rentals in St. Gallen CH

Discussion in 'Europe' started by callmethebreeze, Feb 2, 2013.

1. callmethebreeze

callmethebreeze Zen Motorcyclist

Oddometer:
    I'm headed to St. Gallen Switzerland this summer and would like to climb the Passo della Selvio into Italy. Can anyone recommend a rental shop in St. Gallen or close by? I prefer BMW but not a bike snob except for Harley i.e. I'd like to survive the climb and descent! Ciao:1drink
  2. MichaelJ

MichaelJ Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I can recommend Moto Mader in Oberentfelden (west of Zurich - about 130kms from St. Gallen), although you may be able to find something in Zurich. Still, it's an easy train ride to Aarau (the nearest stop), and they'll pick you up at the station (or at least they used to).
  3. fluff34567

fluff34567 Long timer

Oddometer:
    hi, over here nearly every dealer will rent bikes, the insurance system here means its the vehicle thats insured so anyone can ride/drive as long as they have a licence, although if you have a licence from rwanda etc there may be a few :huh

just look online for dealers and see their homepages you are looking for Autovermietung / Mietwagen.

i would look for something a lot closer than zurich as its still a good 1.5hrs on the highway to st.gallen

oh for cost, you are looking at around 300chf per day and expect a 300kms ish daily limit.
  4. MichaelJ

MichaelJ Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    CHF 200/day for an R1200GS at Moto Mader. The 300kms sounds low at first, but if you're poking along back roads and through small towns you'll be hard pressed to do more than about 250kms/day.

This was a 16 day ride in 2011 and about average:

[​IMG]
  5. fluff34567

fluff34567 Long timer

Oddometer: