2004 1150GS Seat

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by learhopper, Dec 26, 2012.

1. learhopper

learhopper Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Will the Adventure seat fit on the regular GS (2004)? Don't really like the looks of the 2 piece unit, would rather have the one piece...
  2. kubiak

kubiak Long timer

Oddometer:
    yes it will if you use the adv parts like brackets and rear rack. i changed mine over and loved it.
  3. kubiak

kubiak Long timer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    heres a pic of the gs when i bought it with the stock two piece seat.
  4. kubiak

kubiak Long timer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    heres the same bike with the adv seat and rear rack among other stuff before i sold it.
  5. learhopper

learhopper Adventurer

Oddometer:
    That looks great! I'm about to buy my first GS, stepping up from a KLR, just looking at ideas and costs on some changes I want to make. Thanks
  6. kubiak

kubiak Long timer

Oddometer:
    yea the regular gs seems to be a lot cheaper and more of them around, at least around where i live in ca. then you can add stuff you want to make it the way you want. i got most of my adv stuff from these forums and some from ebay to do a budget job on my 03 1150gs. i have a whole writeup on the bike and mods under kubiaks 1150gs build if you want to check it out. i do all my own work so i show lots of pics.
  7. weerider650

weerider650 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If you havent bought one yet, why not just buy an adventure model? It already has the one piece seat, comes with longer travel, larger tank, better windshield, skidplate and crash bars, better gearing (IMO atleast), handguards....everything I would want to change on the regular GS.....I have had an 04 GS standard and now the 04 adventure. The adventure makes up for all the standard GS shortcomings IMO....personal prefferance but you are already talking about upgrading from a regular GS
  8. learhopper

learhopper Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have not purchased a bike yet, would rather have the GSA model, but they are in short supply in my neck of the woods. Are there any differences between the '02 and '04 GSAs?
  9. Ua the Destroyer

Ua the Destroyer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yup 2004 has the twin spark heads, and servo brakes.