Dakar 2013 - Official Event Coverage - thank you ALL TeamF5, lurkers and posters!

Discussion in 'Racing' started by doyle, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Aussie66

Aussie66 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for that , Too Old, dont have the luxury to stop at Starbucks, i just stop at the service station and one of the guys runs in for coffee planet. (yes I am a lazy bugger).

And my Ipad is being repaired, some muppet shop at MoE said they could fix my cracked scree and it came back and wifi was buggered, no more cracked screen but half of the screen didnt react to my sensetive touch. (MUPPETS).

PS Watching Polish TV last night Kuba Pzygoinski broke up with his celebrity girlfriend. Actually hilarious if you know why they broke up. It was about a tweet he sent. (Boys do your research).:evil
  2. Aussie66

Aussie66 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I think you may have to speak polish to find it.:evil
  3. Aussie66

Aussie66 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Cyril for a win today:deal
  4. Aussie66

Aussie66 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Westy in the top 20:1drink
  5. Aussie66

Aussie66 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Seb posts an overal time in the top 30 (bikes and quads).
  6. beechum1

beechum1 Dandole Gas al Burro

Oddometer:
  7. Bluebull2007

Bluebull2007 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Okay its getting late for me, but here is the closest I have be able to put together a 242KM SS2 with an 85Km IL.

Lets looks at their maps first (apologies for the repost):
    [​IMG]

After some scrutiny I realized the green line is the real stage route, not the red line, which is actually the main road. The green line goes too far south to be the Carreterra Pan Americana, so the red has to be the liason, even though the Wp's have been put on it. The dirty, sneaky, little, slippery, french..............never mind . :evil Notice the arrow on the green line would be pointing the wrong way as well. Actually it is the correct way, and the route crosses the highway again not far from the finish.

I realized thats also why they dont have any public viewing area along the route, there are just too many other little routes south of the highway in the area that 20,000 spectators would blunder onto with their 4x4s' looking to catch Robbbbbbbiiee Gorrrrdon. :rofl

Here is the long section:
    [​IMG]

And then here is my version of the truth, you be the judge. Its obviously more difficult to do given there will large sections of off piste riding today. The boys ride down through the town of Ica tomorrow early (Blue line), refuel just south of town and begin a special stage (Red Line) that starts with an uphile climb that might "scare a few" to use the words of the ASO. It was really difficult to fit in a route that hit the dunes and sand at the right times but I think I got most of it right. Im pretty sure that there is a bit of a loop north of the higway just before the finish as well with more sand dunes - this is not shown and affects my Long section a bit.

[​IMG]

Showing appraximate CP1 position (red down arrow) and the long section:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Later in the stage they will ride through some amazing red martian landscapes before I believe they will cross over to the north side of the main road and end doing the same dunes plus some more near where we saw them ride today, with basically the same view point. Like I said there is a bit of a loop north of the bivouac not shown that should be in as well, I just never had enough time to finalise.
    [​IMG]

Of course I may be a bit wrong here and there, but the altitudes are generally correctly as are the distances. I also dont have 4-5 hours to refine it. (local organisation rules say I need to sleep to heal as well! :bluduh)

ADVriders chasing the Dakar wanting to have a unique view of the field and a route round the back: Phone me at 7am local. If you dont know the number there is probably a reason for that. :deal

What will it be like? Well it will look like this:

Close to the start looking north.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

No doubt about it, there will be some fast sections as well later on.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

When they after following 2 track there will be a lot of dust, but otherwise they should have a relatively clear run. The navigation is going to be very key here for the leaders, while the rest will have it easier if and only if they navigate as well and dont blindly follow Chaleco.
  8. Vicks

Vicks gets stuck in sand

Oddometer:
    @ Aussie66 : I'm gonna protest to the Off5icials about your unfair practice at the F5Dakar for increasing your post count !! :lol3 :lol3
  9. Wyvern

Wyvern Long timer

Oddometer:
    thinking the route is more northern
  10. Bluebull2007

Bluebull2007 Adventurer

Oddometer:

Come on spill the beans! :deal

Kuba is a grand guy but like the rest of us probably likes tail.
  11. Bluebull2007

Bluebull2007 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    You cannot fit 240km in the north.
  12. Dread Pendragon

Dread Pendragon Tragic Donkey Throttler

Oddometer:
    More spectator video. Pyndon at :14

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qYi2DIfK7JE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  13. troy safari carpente

troy safari carpente f5ree sub-zero agent

Oddometer:
    Bluebull... :eek1

Full marks in f5 dark arts and crafts class... the coloring in and penmanship... first class:eek1! :clap:clap:clap

Will be interesting to see how close (or far off) you are...? :evil

If it turns out you get an A... (or even a B+?) you could end up being the privateer MOTO track intelligence resource for the next two weeks... :lol3

ADVRider at the cutting edge once again... :clap
  14. too old

too old Keen supporter Supporter

Oddometer:
    I mean't the Starbuck's for the riders during their liaison, not yours :lol3

Best you let everyone know about Kuba? - you may be under severe pressure now - but not posting it word by word :rofl
  15. Vicks

Vicks gets stuck in sand

Oddometer:
    Awesome work Bluebull :clap :clap

You must have one hell of a GPs tracks collection for someone to ride around by now.
  16. too old

too old Keen supporter Supporter

Oddometer:
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    Kuba was flying over to Lima for the Rally and after boarding the plane noticed a rather attractive young lady sitting beside him.<o:p></o:p>
    He struck up conversation to find out that she was actually a film star who made erotic films.<o:p></o:p>
    Way to go he thought and taking the bull by the horns he asked if she enjoyed her job.<o:p></o:p>
    &#8220;Absolutely she replied, the best job in the world&#8221; &#8211; well our rider choked on his drink but plucked up the courage to ask more.
    &#8220;and which nationality of co-star do you prefer&#8221; he asked.<o:p></o:p>
    &#8220;Well it depends&#8221; was the reply &#8211;<o:p></o:p>
    "The Italian&#8217;s are great as they last all night, the Polish even better because they stay harder longer, the French as they are the best all round lovers and the Ozzies even better still, as they like the back door, which is my favourite of all&#8221;<o:p></o:p>
    Well our rider took a deep breath and said &#8211;

&#8220;G'day...pleased to meet you, my name is Lucesse Przygonski Despres, but my friends call me Ozzie Troy&#8221;
    :rofl:rofl:rofl
  17. Czechsix

Czechsix Slower than you....

Oddometer:
    BB - thanks for the updates, great work!
  18. Aussie66

Aussie66 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Lets put it this way.

His ex-girlfriend was involved in a pagent (beauty pagent) in africa with african and european beauties. He tweeted some inappropriate words which went polish viral.
  19. Aussie66

Aussie66 Long timer

Oddometer:
    And she dumped him.:eek1
  20. Aussie66

Aussie66 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yesterday on polish TV she said maybe get back together again.:huh