2013 + Honda CB1100

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by cabanza, Aug 24, 2012.

1. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
    There's an article in Motorcyclist hinting at the fact Honda USA may finally import the CB1100. There was a test mule on hand here in the US and the article states that feedback on the bike was positive.
    The CB1100 will be available in Europe as a 2013 model.
    Let's hope it's available here too.
    I'll take a red one (still).
  2. Dave in Wi

Dave in Wi Long timer

Oddometer:
    Madison WI (40 Square Miles Surrounded By Reality)
    I would be very surprised. But who knows, with some of the new bikes they have come out with, they are generating a lot of interest. If they do bring it here I will have a very hard time resisting the urge... A red ABS would be great. The latest Japanese version is the CB1100 Black.
    [​IMG]
  3. bk brkr baker

bk brkr baker Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Looks nice.

550 + lbs.

87 hp.

Both of the guys that were dieing for this , now will get the chance .

:war
    Patek likes this.
  4. AZbiker

AZbiker Say hi to the bad guy

Oddometer:
    With a K&N, PC and exhaust I bet they can put down 110rwhp easily.
  5. Garp

Garp Long timer

Oddometer:
    I had a CB1000 "Big One' briefly. Bought it based on looks, but it was as dull as a box of rocks. The whole "retuned for more torque" just didn't apply, no power and no torque.

I hope they haven't repeated that mistake.
  6. page62

page62 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Let's hope so. With all the interest in retro bikes right now, it should sell sufficiently well. It doesn't appear to be a stripper bike like the previous Nighthawk 750 (single front disc brake, rear drum...ack!). And I love the chrome fenders!

I will give it a serious look when (and if) it gets here...
  7. Barman

Barman Way Offline

Oddometer:
    Meh, why bother? There's a bunch of ZRX's around for cheap and with a Holeshot kit will put out some fairly respectable numbers.
    For $4-5000 with mods you can get the retro right out of your system and have a nicer looking bike IMO. :dunno
  8. AZbiker

AZbiker Say hi to the bad guy

Oddometer:
    Some people don't want liquid cooling, but would like fuel injection.

Every time I change that idiotic cartridge filter and remove both drain plugs it's a nice gentle punch in the nuts.

Too proud to buy a SPOOFAK to fix an update that should have been made by the factory years ago.

Never again.
  9. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
    I like the blacked out engine a lot!
  10. Maytag Repairman

Maytag Repairman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ummm. There were also reports of them showing the bikes here with positive results 2 years ago.
  11. Dave in Wi

Dave in Wi Long timer

Oddometer:
    I was one of them, who is the other? :-)

Initially I was disappointed by the hp # for the CB1100, but after owning my Rex a few years, I think I'd be happy enough with 87hp. I very seldom use all the power I've got, when I do wind it out it gets up to 130 before you know it. I don't need to be going that fast. And I can't seem to get more than 6000 miles out of a rear tire. My first was about 3000. On the other hand, now I've got my ZRX set up nicely, and it's paid for. So I don't plan on replacing it anytime soon, but the CB100 would sorely tempt me.
  12. kraven

kraven GoPro Anti-Hero Supporter

Oddometer:
    Right here. :clap

I don't give a crap about the hp:weight ratio. If I wanted fast, I'd buy a used Busa. If I wanted a curve machine, I'd buy a Fireblade.

I think the ZRX is ugly. And I have an aversion to Kawi's products in general.

This is like something tailor made for me. I love the sound and feel of a big 4 in a standard.
  13. SCQTT

SCQTT Zwei Kolben

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

I'd buy this one,

but the one you guys are talking about does zero for me.
    boduke likes this.
  14. RobbieAG

RobbieAG Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I don't think they'll bring this here. First it's too close to the CB1000R unless they drop that model. Second, is it really air cooled? That will cause problems with our strict emissions standards.
  15. Garp

Garp Long timer

Oddometer:
    If the engineers at Honda can get an XR650L through emissions, this should be a piece of cake. Not to mention all the air cooled BMW's, Harleys Triumphs, Guzzis etc.......
  16. RobbieAG

RobbieAG Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You're probably right, though there will be fewer and fewer air cooled bikes going forward as standards get stricter. If they axe the CB1000R and price this significantly below that, I could see it doing pretty well.
  17. kraven

kraven GoPro Anti-Hero Supporter

Oddometer:
    No. He's definitely right.

No one holds a candle to Honda when it comes to powertrain engineering. Emissions testing worry with Honda is like asking Evel Kneivel if he can drive a 6 speed.
  18. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
    True. But the article in Motorcyclist says, and I quote: "American Honda officials were spotted at the recent Motorcycle Sport Touring Association's STAR 2012 gathering in Avon, CO, in late June with a pre-production CB1100 in tow, soliciting comments from prospective buyers. Reaction was reportedly positive."

Now why would they have a bike on hand if they're not planning on selling the bike?
  19. SCQTT

SCQTT Zwei Kolben

Oddometer:

Get a feel for the public's reaction. There have been lots and lots of bikes that have come here to vet their market viability and have never made it past that process.
  20. Dave in Wi

Dave in Wi Long timer

Oddometer:
    They did it back in what, 2009 or 10 when it was first introduced also. They had at least one CB1100 in California and I remember one of the motorcycle magazines had a litte writeup on it. They were gauging reactions but for whatever reason they felt it wasn't the right time back then. This might even be the same bike.