'You are going to die' ....

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by Kamchat, Jan 10, 2010.

1. thehoss

thehoss n00b

Oddometer:
    Yeah it's probably wise, it's already a 5 star thread, no need to push the boat out.

Glad all the 'Scottie Crew' are well and good.
  2. Kamchat

Kamchat Long timer

Oddometer:
    Before you reach the village of Kilchoan the road has to leave the coast to skirt round the back of the mountains (ahead in this pic - Ben Hiant being the highest) that block it's way before returning back to the coastline... you can just see the road turning ahead ..

[​IMG]

then you start to climb ...

[​IMG]

The view looking the other way (taken on the return trip later in the evening)

[​IMG]
    klaviator and Phipsd like this.
  3. Kamchat

Kamchat Long timer

Oddometer:
    Cheers mate ...are we going to see you out for some runs soon. ? :wink:...If you fancy it you know where to find us most sunny Sunday mornings. :deal
  4. bubu

bubu Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great weather Kam...:evil:evil:evil

what is the temperature of the sea ???
  5. Kamchat

Kamchat Long timer

Oddometer:

I don't know the temp of the sea ....except that I would class it as 'exceedingly invigorating'.... but we weren't the only ones to brave a swim ..so it can't have been too bad. :wink:
  6. thehoss

thehoss n00b

Oddometer:

I hope to get out a few times before the summer is over, what with working most weekends and summer holidays I have barely had a free sunday unfortunately.

Which is a shame, the rideouts with the crew are always amazing. actually one of the highlights of owning a bike is being able to ride with such a decent group of people.

So yeah hopefully i'll put in an appearance at some point :evil
  7. Kamchat

Kamchat Long timer

Oddometer:
    Still climbing....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Loch Mudle ahead...

[​IMG]

Not really sportsbike roads ....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Finally Sanna, - what a welcome sight...couldn't wait to get out of the leathers ...

[​IMG]

and cool off in this ....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  8. Kamchat

Kamchat Long timer

Oddometer:

Cool, it will be good to see you out again. :wink:
  9. Rodder066

Rodder066 Gotta Ride

Oddometer:
    Canberra (it's the capital son) Australia
    Great pics Kamchat, giving the old google maps a helluva workout following your travels, but one question re the pic of you and Sarah heading out of the "bat cave". Ive seen glimpses of the facility before in your posts, is it a secure parking area catering to bikes and cars??

Ta?

Ps.. 1st 1000km service completed on my new gixxer 750. I now can go past that 7000rpm running-in ceiling all the way to 10500rpm. Can't waiiiiiiiitt. Also glad u made it back to dry land with that tide coming in. 😃😃
  10. Kamchat

Kamchat Long timer

Oddometer:

Cheers :thumb The 'Bat Cave' is the underground car park at the flats where we live. We have a space for the car and both bikes. Yes it is secure with locked gates and CCTV.

Good to hear you can now start enjoying the gixxer fully now .:D.. have fun.

Re: Google Maps ..if you click on the link below you will clearly be able to see the ring of mountains that make up the mouth of the extinct volcano the road passes through between Kilchoan and Sanna.

http://goo.gl/maps/1wTi6

...and yes, I'm glad I wasn't 'lost at sea' too ...:D
  11. Kamchat

Kamchat Long timer

Oddometer:
    After four and a half glorious hours on the beach it was time to go ...and face the worst part of the day - climbing into leathers on the beach in 30C ...and walking back over the dunes to the bikes :eek1.....we met a chap on the way ...he was wearing nothing but shorts and flip-flops and was still soaked in sweat ...he looked at us in our kit and boots like we were mad people ..:D...

I didn't take any pics at this stage as I was in a hurry to get on the bike and get going for some cooling breeze....

Pics from the return ride:-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Another sportsbike! - the only bike we saw all afternoon...

[​IMG]
  12. Kamchat

Kamchat Long timer

Oddometer:
    More from the trip back ....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  13. Kamchat

Kamchat Long timer

Oddometer:
    The single track road seemed to go on forever and by the time we reached Salen it was time to stop to get a well needed cool drink out the tail pack .....

[​IMG]

At last, the normal road ..and a decent pace could be maintained ... it was so welcome after 60 miles of winding single track (30 each way to Sanna)....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6:30 pm and we are back on the Corran Ferry... eight and a half hours after our last crossing (it's £2.20 per bike each way)...

[​IMG]

Looking north up Loch Linnhe

[​IMG]
    klaviator, TreasureState and Phipsd like this.
  14. Kamchat

Kamchat Long timer

Oddometer:
    Saw this at the Welly on Saturday .... don't see that many on the road ..

[​IMG]

I'm sure Honda got their inspiration for the end can from a crab's claw..:wink:.

[​IMG]
  15. mexipike

mexipike Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

I want a ladies version of the white suit in this pic, for my lady friend. Where could I find one?
  16. Kamchat

Kamchat Long timer

Oddometer:

It might be difficult ...Stuart bought that off E-Bay from a private seller ..it is not from a store ...it is an old suit from the 80's that someone had for sale .... added to that, finding a ladies one would be even harder as there were even less ladies riding bikes back in the 80's.

You could try looking on E-bay for an original ...or you could go to a manufacturer who would take measurements and make one up to order (but that would be quite expensive I imagine).

Good luck ...and if you do find one, - you have to post a pic on here of your lady friend wearing it .. :D...Two of those suits on this thread would be amazing! :wink:
    klaviator likes this.
  17. mexipike

mexipike Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yeah I figured it was from the 80s was just wondering if it had a model name or something.

I found a similar black version on Ebay that could be tailored but I feel like it needs to be white. Sorry, don't mean to hijack the thread about a suit. I'm sure one will come my way some day.
  18. ullukk

ullukk Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hello Kam, Excellent pictures of Sanna Bay mate, looks a lovely place, another must visit place for me sometime, iv'e been as far as Salen on the A861 but sadly didn't go across into the Ardnamurchan area, also enjoyed seeing the Corran ferry again, brought back a nice little memory for me, 3 summers ago about 10 of us on bikes turned up at Oban for the ferry to Mull, the ferry dockers told us they could only fit 5 of us on and the other 5 (me included) would have to wait 6 hours for the next one available, luckily for us we knew we another option of the Lochaline to Fishnish ferry via the Corran ferry, it put maybe an extra 80 miles on clock to get to Mull but a great afternoon was had by all.

Great work mate, well appreciated.

Cheers, Keith.
  19. Kamchat

Kamchat Long timer

Oddometer:

Sorry I don't know the model name.... if you are prepared to have it tailored I could always ask Stuart if he would sell his..and put you in touch if you want ?
  20. Kamchat

Kamchat Long timer

Oddometer:

Hi Keith, yeah Mull is great - although the roads aren't really great for sportsbikes ..we have done the ferry to Mull from Lochaline before too. ..we were just there for a day trip and if I remember it right we had to be careful we didn't miss the last one back at 7:00 ..

You must do Sanna Bay ..on a sunny day ...but the road from Salen to Sanna and back is hard going ...beautiful, - but hard going. :deal