Vermont Tag O Rama

Discussion in 'Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carp' started by ottoman, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Bleemus

Bleemus Long timer

Oddometer:
    Methinks the tag be heading to the Northland . . .
  2. Rockpharmer

Rockpharmer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    That's just damn spooky....

New tag.... Wait for it...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Keeping with the civil war theme. Great stretch of weather we have right now! Let's see how many tags we can squeeze in!
  3. Tallbastid

Tallbastid Stay Grateful

Oddometer:
    Old tag

[​IMG]

Main st waitsfield
  4. kbroderick

kbroderick Long timer

Oddometer:
    D'oh! I knew that tag looked familiar and couldn't quite place it...sonofa.... :rofl
  5. Tallbastid

Tallbastid Stay Grateful

Oddometer:
    New tag: the Michelin driving experience, across the street from the ponds.

Hell of a ride up :evil

These caught my eye: two of my favorite things in the world.

[​IMG]

Haven't moved, just turned around.

[​IMG]
  6. kbroderick

kbroderick Long timer

Oddometer:
    Old tag: Michelin Driving Experience at Bolton Valley.

[​IMG]

Apologies if it didn't resize, first tag on this phone and I'm working out the bugs.
  7. Tallbastid

Tallbastid Stay Grateful

Oddometer:
    Fun ride up, right?

Just saw your post on facebook, I was all over the MRV, up to Richmond trying to find new twisties. We should ride sometime soon.
  8. kbroderick

kbroderick Long timer

Oddometer:
    Not quite as much fun as heading up in an October snowstorm on summer tires, though. :rofl

I worked up there for three years. You could say I'm fairly familiar with the road...although I don't know why they decided to drop the speed limit to 40. 45 was already lower than it needed to be...

Indeed, we should. It wasn't you I saw coming east over Lincoln Gap as I was headed west yesterday evening, was it? I passed someone coming the other way on what looked like a dual-sport with green plastics and supermoto wheels (at least from a glance)...although I suppose it would be a bit out of the ordinary if you had green plastics on a DRZ...

Anyhow, back on subject:

New tag:

[​IMG]

The sign in the background reads:
    Camel's Hump State Forest
    Howe Block
  9. noman

noman Long timer

Oddometer:
    got it!
    old tag
    [​IMG]

new tag, a little different this time. :evil
    [​IMG]

all over the place today, too nice to pass it up.
  10. Bleemus

Bleemus Long timer

Oddometer:
    Alright I am throwing down the gauntlet on you Northern slackers. If this doesn't move today I will drag it so far south you will need to learn Spanish to find it!

:hide
  11. Rockpharmer

Rockpharmer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey now... I was thisss close to crawling off the couch to tag this today. We may need a ruling on the legitimacy of this actually being in VT anyhow.
  12. Bleemus

Bleemus Long timer

Oddometer:
    The Vermont / New York border runs down the middle of the lake so technically it in in Vermont half the time!
  13. kbroderick

kbroderick Long timer

Oddometer:
    I believe the "pay-to-play" aspect of the ferry would be more of an issue, unless someone can figure out exactly where the boat is based on the little bit of shoreline present, and I'd assume that a photo of a bike at the loading point would suffice.
  14. Gone-Native

Gone-Native XPLORER

Oddometer:

It's the Ticonderoga ferry, runs Rt 74 to Orwell/Shoreham, VT:evil
  15. noman

noman Long timer

Oddometer:
    am surprised the tag lasted this long. yes, the tug is the "addie b", pulling the fort ti cable ferry from shoreham to ti, ny.

i made sure to take the pic when the boat had just left the dock, so still technically in vt as the official border follows the deepest section of the lake. it does cost a bit, but i thought the ride worth it. over to ti, then your choice of north to the new bridge at crown point and back to vt's champlain valley, or maybe south thru whitehall for some fine riding over in eastern ny. maybe heading back to vt from salem, ny on rt153 and landing in rupert.

if you'd like a different tag because of the expense involved ($5 one - way), i understand and offer my apologies. just let me know, and i'll dump this tag and grab another.

the west side of rt17 is a bit knarley these dayz, so i've been running the lincoln gap and the rochester mtn rd. any excuse to run the lincoln gap a few times would suit me fine. :evil
  16. kbroderick

kbroderick Long timer

Oddometer:
    $5 isn't a particularly big deal, but I object to paying to get out of Vermont and into New York, just on principle. :rofl

We've had at least one, if not more than one, pay-to-get-there tag before (er, at least I think that was the Vermont TOR...could have been NNE or something, too), and there have also been closed-during-certain-hours tags. Everyone seemed to agree that a photo just outside the access point (e.g. just outside a closed gate) was an acceptable substitute, so I'd think a photo at the dock would be acceptable.

Well, unless Bleemus grabs a photo at the dock and runs south with it, in which case I'd say that clearly you should drop a new tag. :evil

Oh, so it's not just my line choice...I thought I had really FUBARed the line coming back up and over last time I went through App Gap, but perhaps the pavement is just that lovely.
  17. Bleemus

Bleemus Long timer

Oddometer:
    I think the tag is fine! We can't always put our bike in the same exact spot and a shot of the dock would be fine by me if you all agree.

Me voy pronto!
  18. rockice

rockice Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Jeesh... you Vermonters just wasted 10 days of Prime tagging weather to worry about the position of a Ferry!!:huh

:lol3
  19. guymanbro

guymanbro da Vermonster

Oddometer:
    And all you New Hampsterians put us to shame by jumping all over the tag and showing us how it's done. Besides, last Thursday and Friday weren't "prime" days anyway. so it ain't 10.

:amazon
  20. Bleemus

Bleemus Long timer

Oddometer:
    Old tag . .

[​IMG]

If you squint you can see the ferry on the other side of the lake. :)