Dynojet PC-5, with Autotune, and full exh. system Tune...

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by ebrabaek, Feb 8, 2013.

1. mapa63

mapa63 Bikerider

Oddometer:
    Didn't touch DJ:s map, Euro, Akra+Db, stock/modded air. Runs good so far, good gas response. When running really slow, low speed manouvering, the engine stalls MUCH easier than it used to. Seems I got like -7 from the AT. Will drive some more and se how this develops. Fun!
  2. ebrabaek

ebrabaek Long timer

Oddometer:
    I would edit them in the base map, as I have it. The AT will not come online until 2% throttle, and you are trying to correct the stock fueling right off idle, as the injectors have been closed after throttle let off. I found that the map you see on my you tube video, is very effective in canceling the off idle hop.
    It might be raining in Stockholm, but you have all the beautiful food....:freaky:freaky
    Held og lykke...:D
  3. ebrabaek

ebrabaek Long timer

Oddometer:
    The reason I did not like the maps from DJ, is that each bike are different, and I wanted to focus on the AT unit, and let the AT do it's job. On a second note, I really wanted to see what % was needed over stock fueling. The "zero map" has worked really great for me. You should not have any stalling issues high or low rpm. On the contrary, my idle in first, or second gear is now phenomenal. There was no way I could put the bike in first, and let it ride @ idle. It would hop and dance, and eventually stall. Now, I can ride all day long.
  4. mapa63

mapa63 Bikerider

Oddometer:
    Been riding all day, really provocative driving. Slow, fast, low revs, high revs, even driving uphill in idle speed in 1st and 2d gear. Really pushing the throttle to extreme pisitions. It doesn't stall at all anymore and is ten times easier to drive at idle speed. Been accepting trims in 30-60 minute intervals.

This is easily the best upgrade I've done so far. More torque, hp and much easier to drive and control. It even wheelies with ease! :- D

My only regret is hesitating so long before doing this. Will uppload table and map for further analysis from U pro's!

Best regards,
    Mats

Ps. Rain stopped, all roads dry and sun the last couple if hours. 15 degrees C.
  5. ebrabaek

ebrabaek Long timer

Oddometer:
    Awesome...... Remember to save each of the base maps, before accepting trims, so you always can go back to a prior map, if you do not like the new one. It does bring the bike to life...... Extra Aquavit for you tonight.....:freaky:freaky
  6. mapa63

mapa63 Bikerider

Oddometer:
    Thx Erling!

I'll take U up on that, saving map-versions. Didn't for starters but as one develops them they become increasingly valuable! :D

About SAS, PAS soforth, I still have the circuitry connected, the only block is a wood plug in th #17 valve, so the bike can't get air that way. As the map evolved, popping on decel is all but gone.

Uploaded the FUEL map so far, and the target AFR I used from Dynojet! Any thoughts are most welcome. The idle-hop, strangely, is better?!?!

The nigt ended in cold weather, rain pouring down. Had an impact on idle when no load was on the Engine. A bit twitchy when just on the side stand. Worked great anyway when actually putting a gear in, riding the bike. I guess U have to ride under those conditions and trim for that aswell...

:clap:clap:clap

Initial FUEL, starting point:

[​IMG]

FUEL as of now, with 6-7 trims accepted:

[​IMG]

AFR

[​IMG]
  7. ebrabaek

ebrabaek Long timer

Oddometer:
    Fantaboulistic......:D It would be interesting if you one day could return the SAS to stock, and ride it, as I would like to see if I am the only one that felt the bike runs worse with it capped.
  8. mapa63

mapa63 Bikerider

Oddometer:
    Maybe, maybe, it would take some trimming again and reworking the process. According to old answers from DJ, they only recommend blocking the hose. Nothing about the rest of th SAS, the solenoid, reed-valves and other components.

I wonder how this FUEL table can have an impact on the idle hop-off!?! It just seems to have made the mix leaner!?! Well, it seems to work anyway...

Time to bid you good night! A million thanks!
  9. MTrider16

MTrider16 Ridin' in MT

Oddometer:
    Ebrabaek, any noticeable change in fuel economy?

Thank, David
  10. ebrabaek

ebrabaek Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yeppers....... Happy riding. :clap:clap
  11. ebrabaek

ebrabaek Long timer

Oddometer:
    The mpg, is about the same. When I do the tank vs miles I end up about in the mid to upper 50's. The computer will yield about the same results..... Perhaps a mile or two more, but overall nothing has changed since I did this. I wish there was a better chip, thyat worked with the BMSK, rather than against it. Dyno Jet have been ok, but not able to add anything that is not already in this thread. When you approached them on other issues, like coolant hook up, or other of the hook up the PC-5 is capable of, they they are worthless. Looking back at this, I would do it all over again, but their product is overpriced. The two should run about 300-350 us$. It does fix the fueling, but I wanna know more, and no body at DJ have been able to add to this. I will have a look this week, and change the mapping to 13.8, on the below 50% throttle, and see what happens.
  12. MTrider16

MTrider16 Ridin' in MT

Oddometer:
    Thanks. More better power and same fuel economy is a win in my book. Good job.

David
  13. ebrabaek

ebrabaek Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks David....:freaky:freaky
  14. roger 04 rt

roger 04 rt Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hi Erling, the BMW-AF-XIED will be available at Beemerboneyard next week. Price with cables is about $200. One adjustment control but no computer needed. It works with the BMSK and leaves it fully functional.

Jscottyk has been beta testing it this summer. Same great results as on the 1100, 1150, and 1200.
    RB
  15. mapa63

mapa63 Bikerider

Oddometer:
    Very curious, checked it out. It never enriches to more than 13.8? Is it overkill to use DJ:s maps, that vary between 13.2 and 13.8 or so?

Best regards,
    Mats
  16. ebrabaek

ebrabaek Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have been watching this, but before I decide, I would like to see, and know more about it, and would like someone to stick it on a dyno, for validation purposes. I was expecting more post from JS, during the beta testing....:D:D But as a beta tester for Rekluse, I understand how you cannot comment much during testing...... I am interested, as more is published.
  17. roger 04 rt

roger 04 rt Long timer

Oddometer:
    There are actually a couple settings that are richer than that.

You'll find this interesting: the maps that you're looking at with targets of 13.2:1 at full throttle are too lean. That's a problem with Autotune, you have to have the skill to pick the correct target.

For example, on my 1150, WOT produces an AFR of about 12.8:1. Your F800GS does too, in stock configuration no less.
  18. mapa63

mapa63 Bikerider

Oddometer:
    Really interesting, trying to learn this! Do you believe that the DJ target AFR:s, the ones I posted, could be improved upon? Does the AT work well enough to reach those AFR:s? I'm a complete beginner, bought the DJ stuff a year ago mainly to make the low speed, low gear manouvering better and lessen the idle hop-off effect.

Any thoughts are most welcome! The bike runs clearly better with the PCV+AT than without, but it seems as if even more can be achieved?

Best regards,
    Mats
  19. terryckdbf

terryckdbf Bumbling BackRoad Riders™

Oddometer:
    Erling

I understand wanting to see a Dyno, I just don't understand the relevance. I am trying to understand how a Dyno run relates to idle hop, low rpm surging, or off throttle response. Is the product designed to increase horsepower or better throttle control? Dyno's are essential for building a motor to run on a track but I have yet to see anyone ride that way on the street.

With all of the data we have seen maybe a Dyno would validate it but I do not see how. There would still be quedtions regarding the accuracy of the Dyno and the skill of the operator and various other conditions.

Again, I totally understand wanting to know things, that is good, I question how a Dyno will relate to the things we are wanting to correct.

I'm interested in your thoughts.

Be well.

Terry
  20. ebrabaek

ebrabaek Long timer

Oddometer:
    Quite elementary My Doctor Watson....... Sorry I couldn't resist. :d:d It is quite simple though, as using a dyno takes the rider out of the equation. It is, and should be docced, with a dyno run before, and after install to see what has/is changing, as many like who puts on an open pipe, will swear it runs better, but are fooled by the larger perceptual noise output of said pipe. As we are all ( most I think) not just chasing a better running bike ( idle hop, and control) but more power in general. Then the only way to verify this is with a dyno. Off course we don't all have to do this, but as with new apps.....I do not trust DJ a bit with their dyno graphs, but had access to a great tuner, and validated the results of my install with the dyno. Your product is new, and in my humble oppinion should be dynoed as well, as it could proove usefull, not just for the general running of the bike, but as a performance tool with an open exhaust system.