Pensacola area riders

Discussion in 'The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan' started by XT Thumper, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Vico1

Vico1 The Maestro

Oddometer:
    Man how time goes by ... The last time I rode the puddle road was Turkey Trot 2 :eek1:eek1:eek1

Hey all you n00bs out there. How about a ride Saturday morning from Karrick Lake (preferred cause of breakfast at Mickeys) or Hutton Unit (closer to Pcola)???
  2. AST236

AST236 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Chillin' w/ the fam at the Gulf State Park campground between Orange Beach and Gulf Shores. :clap
  3. SR56

SR56 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I would be in for starting at the Hutton Unit (see post #2 for directions)...the earlier the better as far as beating the heat. Anybody else in?

Can I still be considered a n00b since I haven't ever started there before?

4. bartohob

bartohob Adventurer

Oddometer:
    its not that im pretty sure im not in the movies but my riding boots are big let me check and see what vic has. he lives close and if he dont have anything we can cobble on it thanx
  5. bartohob

bartohob Adventurer

Oddometer:
    i wish i could gonna leave again fri mid day on boat see yall when i get back
  6. SR56

SR56 Long timer

Oddometer:
    All you guys that have been thinking about giving this a try but have been holding out, this is your chance. No permit required for the Blackwater State Forest and I'll be riding an air cooled 230cc Honda which has 15hp. If you are riding anything more powerful than a bicycle you'll be fine.

7. slomo510

slomo510 what to ride today?

Oddometer:
    Howdy strangers! haven't been around much, working at an actual motorcycle shop actually seems to cut down on my motorcycle RIDING :huh

anyway, buying be one of them thar new fangled water boxers and need to find a home for my sweet hunnie thang

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=21946118#post21946118

If ya'll wanna stop by the shop and say hey i'll be there, and hopefully i can get out and get my new GS proper dir-tay...

oh, and the DRZ will be finished with her new make-over soon... man i miss riding with ya'll!

-Richard:freaky
  8. Woods Rider

Woods Rider X-Crazed Racing Fool

Oddometer:
    Hey Richard good to see you!

I've been doing everything but riding lately. Robin and I are heading up to north Georgia to ride the TETS into North Carolina if the weather holds out.
  9. SkidBrown

SkidBrown Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Im not him, but the group seems pretty knowing of the area..cant wait for some rides.

This rain is wild, normal for this area??

Karrick Lake looks a bit far for me, and not sure where the Hutton Unit is but im good for a ride in the morning...just need directions!

What all is needed for riding blackwater, just gas...?
  10. burmbuster

burmbuster Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm in! I've had the new steed now for a month and only have 108 miles on her. Sad
  11. SR56

SR56 Long timer

Oddometer:
    The Rain is definitely not normal for this area...we are over twice normal for the month already.

Directions to the Hutton Unit...check back to make sure that is the starting point.

If you go to google maps and put in "Deaton Bridge Road, Milton, FL" the little pointer is just about sitting on top of where we meet. It is at the intersection of Deaton Bridge Road and Boundary Line Road (which is dirt) just past Blackwater Canoe Rentals which is on the right if you are headed North.

From post #2:
    Blackwater State Park – Hutton Unit
    From Milton – East on HW90 to Hutton Store (about 9 miles from Milton bridge) and turn LEFT on to Deaton Bridge Rd (signs point to State Park and Canoe Rental). Go North 2 miles and Hutton Unit parking will be on the left.

All you need is a street legal bike and gas...lots of sand so I would highly recommend some good knobby tires.
  12. Hatch

Hatch Perpetually lost

Oddometer:
    Don't forget water! It's HOT:deal
  13. waysherr

waysherr Behind Bars For Life

Oddometer:
    I don't "cobble":lol3ask Hatch. When I get through with it you can't tell it from stock other than being one inch longer......and it's the one made for it
  14. SR56

SR56 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Don't get me wrong guys, you need to be able to ride in tight quarters in deep sand and waterproofing your bike wouldn't hurt...I would highly recommend good knobby tires, make sure your bike is 100% reliable, and it doesn't have to be Orange (a KTM) but it helps.

As far as personal protection...helmet, eye protection, boots, gloves, long sleeves, etc. If it is your first time, being over protected instead of under protected is a good thing. You can always take stuff off and tie it to your handlebars...and by the way, it is hot. A camel back or some way to carry fluids is a big plus.

I Just didn't want to give anybody the wrong impression and have them show up in tennis shoes and/or with street tires, etc.
  15. r_bin

r_bin Long timer

Oddometer:
    Waterproof bike. :1drink
  16. Buzztail

Buzztail Buzztopian OG Supporter

Oddometer:
    He means street riding :lol3
  17. burmbuster

burmbuster Long timer

Oddometer:
    Isn't that what you call an oxymoron?:lol3
  18. r_bin

r_bin Long timer

Oddometer:
    :lol3

19. Buzztail

Buzztail Buzztopian OG Supporter

Oddometer:
    show me your felt ring :eyes
  20. burmbuster

burmbuster Long timer

Oddometer:
    So what time is everyone meeting there? I am 1.5 hrs away.