AR-ADV Camping Thread

Discussion in 'Tejas and the Gulf States' started by OLEARY, Jan 12, 2011.

1. OLEARY

OLEARY Enlightened Voyager

Oddometer:
    This threads purpose is to set up a "Arkansas ADV Rider Event Schedule 2019". Folks can gather, hang out, do day rides, and organize rides from your location to the campsite location with other riders in your area. The locations were selected with the thought in mind that the sites would alternate from Central Arkansas to NW Arkansas so that everyone would have the opportunity to attend without having to travel a couple of hundred miles to get to the site.

Event Schedule: AR ADV Rider Event Schedule 2019

AR500 2019 Page : AR ADV Rider Event Schedule 2018 - AR500 2019 Click on Park Facilities and the link under that heading and it will take you to Scotty's website where all the ride info for the AR500 will be accessed.

SLAP 2019 Page : AR ADV Rider Event Schedule 2019 - SLAP 2019
    Click on Slap and the link under that heading will take you to SLAP 2019 thread where all the ride info for SLAP will be accessed.
    crownhorse and NateLePain like this.
  2. Dragon43

Dragon43 If you insist.

Oddometer:
    I am Google Docs member & signed in. I added my name so I can edit. I still do not see where you want individuals names nor can I get any entries to take my input.

Could you go first and so we can see what & where we are to add our names and to yes/no/maybe each camp out....

I watched the help video and everthin.... No joy.....

Splain please..... :y0!
  3. devrodirt

devrodirt devro

Oddometer:
    Open the tabs at the bottom of the spreadsheet.
  4. mouthfulloflake

mouthfulloflake Not afraid

Oddometer:
    Great idea Tim.

I nearly printed out the schedule to take to the beer swill last night.
  5. Dragon43

Dragon43 If you insist.

Oddometer:
    OK, I be splained now..... :clap
  6. DrLewall

DrLewall ADV Has gone to SHIT

Oddometer:
    I did that, but only get "partial" tabs...for some reason it wont let me see all the venues..any ideas?
  7. apostle2

apostle2 The road less traveled.

Oddometer:
    Hey Gus,

Just so you and everyone else knows, the Event Schedule and the SLAP sheets are locked. Only Oleary and I can edit those at the moment. All of the other sheets can be edited by anyone gaining access from the link provided. With that being said, everyone please edit responsibly (BE CAREFULL!). I have a backup if neccessary and will continue to make backups along the way.

And incase you haven't figured it out yet, the Attendance and Camping columns on the list/sign-up sheets contain drop-down boxes. When you click on a cell in those columns a small arrow will appear at the top-right of the cell. Click on the arrow and a list will appear dispaying Yes/No/Maybe. Just click on the preferred item and it will fill in the blank cell. Or you can just type Yes/No/Maybe into the field directly.

If anyone wants to add new events/dates just contact Oleary or me and we will add it to the Event Schedule and create a new list/sign-up sheet for it. This is just the start of this proccess, Oleary and I will try to make improvements as we go. Feel free to send us suggestions but please understand the Google Docs is limited on features, but we'll try our best.

Hopefully this proccess will work to benefit everyone. Enjoy

Dave
  8. apostle2

Oddometer:
    Hey Doc, what screen resolution are you running? Do you see two buttons just to the right of the Tabs (left arrow button and right arrow button)? If so just us those buttons to scroll left or right to see the rest of the Tabs.

I just opened the spreadsheet up and noticed that 577 people were viewing it. WOW!

I did notice that it was running a little slow because of this, so be patient.
  9. DrLewall

Oddometer:
    I "had" the arrows and they didnt work..now the arrows are gone and I see a SHEET 9 and a + tab..and thats all
  10. Dragon43

Dragon43 If you insist.

Oddometer:
    Tried 5 different browsers, can't get past Long Pool in the sign up sheets using the l/r arrow or any other trick I could think of. Maybe Devro or Tim or Dave could check with a different puter than the one used to make the sheet and see if they have the same problems we are having....

I know nada on Google Docs or spread sheets so do not listen to me.

I have a Mouse & a Keyboard and I'm not afraid of regretting I used them :baldy
  11. DrLewall

Oddometer:

[​IMG]
  12. apostle2

Oddometer:
    Ok guys lets see if we can work it out.

There should only be 6 Tabs showing. "Event Schedule/Petit Jean/White River/S.L.A.P. 2011/Mt. Nebo/Long Pool". Someone had added additional sheets buy clicking on the "+" button to the right of the Tabs. Please do not add additions sheets, or columns to the spreadsheet (let Oleary or I do that). Don't click on the "+" button. I've deleted these addition sheets.

* If you are running a low screen resolution "1024x768" or lower you will probably see the left & right arrow buttons just to the right of the Tabs (just left of the "+" and "All Sheets" buttons). If you do see the left & right arrow buttons you should be able to use these buttons to scroll the Tabs left or right to see all of Tabs. You can click on the "All Sheets" button (far right from the Tabs) and select the Tab you want to view as well.

* Try closing the browser and re-loading the spreadsheet. I had to do this a few time while building the spreadsheet. Things would quit working and I would close it out and re-start it and everything would work again.

* Clear your cache, you can clear your cache simply by holding the "Shift" key while clicking the "Refresh" button on you browser.

* Try clearing your cookies (not the same as tossing your cookies). Just Google the instructions for deleting cookies for your browser. The proccess for deleting cookies are not the same for all browsers or browser revisions. Some people like to backup their cookies before deleting them but I never do.

Maybe this helps.
  13. Dragon43

Dragon43 If you insist.

Oddometer:
    But there are more camp outs listed after Long Pool and those are the ones we want to get to. When will we be able to get to those so we can do the yes-no-maybe thing? Their are 9 events and we can only respond to 6????

More splain please. :y0!

Yes, I am PITA..... :D
  14. apostle2

Oddometer:
    6? Yes, thats correct. We haven't created the other lists yet. I'll try to get them created later today or tonight when I get time. I may get enough time during lunch to get them out there for ya. Sorry for the confusion.
  15. Dragon43

Dragon43 If you insist.

Oddometer:
    Well, that splains it.
    Seems to be working then as far as I can tell.
    Thanks.... G

:clap:clap
  16. apostle2

Oddometer:
    OK, I got the rest of the sign-up sheets created except the one for November. I don't know what PCC means, Oleary will have to clue me in on that one.
  17. Dragon43

Dragon43 If you insist.

Oddometer:
    Lookin good now.... Thanks.... :gerg
  18. OLEARY

Oddometer:
    I believe that is a typo on my part. I hadn't plan to select a camping site for November. I wasn't sure the weather would be good enough plus is kind of a bad time of year with Thanksgiving coming up and all. Just delete that one for now. We can add one later on if there is enough interest. Everyone might be burned out and sick of each other by then and need a break. Just kidding!

Thanks for all of your help Dave in getting this thing put together as fast as you did. Great job! :norton
  19. DrLewall

Oddometer:
    hey Tim..any chance that you can change that color from yellow to red..can't see the yellow! tnx!
  20. OLEARY

Oddometer:
    You Betcha Doc! Here to help ya not to hurt ya! :norton