Adv Boots (Forma)

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Grog, Jun 6, 2012.

1. fayeslane

fayeslane Rankest of amateurs

Oddometer:
    The deflectors on the shoulders are an excellent design for reducing helmet wind noise :clap
  2. bikeroz

bikeroz Long timer

Oddometer:
    Why is the left hand so much bigger than the right? :huh
  3. johnno950

johnno950 Long timer

Oddometer:
    jousting lance
  4. nevgriff64

nevgriff64 .

Oddometer:
    How much? :huh
  5. PBee

PBee ...---...

Oddometer:
    Long knights at home alone.:wink:
  6. Jdeks

Jdeks Accepting and supportive of everyones feelings.

Oddometer:

Can I just point out that the only reason he bought up the legal thing in the first place was to explicitly state he wasn't going to get anything legal involved, and he was just adding his two bob, like everyone else, to defend his product?

Everyone seems to have just read 'legal team' and filled in totally non-existent threats themselves. :huh I'm not defending anyone, but lets stick to the facts.
  7. PBee

PBee ...---...

Oddometer:
    Then why mention it at all?
  8. fayeslane

fayeslane Rankest of amateurs

Oddometer:

Yer dreamin' Nev
  9. neilaction

neilaction Slightly Less Adventurous

Oddometer:
    :nod

An implied threat IMO. :1drink
  10. Funone

Funone Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    But why even mention legal at all? It's a bike forum FFS, We all know what he was doing by saying it. Pretending to do old mate a favour by not calling his legal dogs. Bullshit he should of not even used the term at all.:deal
  11. PBee

PBee ...---...

Oddometer:
    Yes.
  12. Jdeks

Oddometer:
    To make it explicitly clear that people don't need to fear they'll get lawyer'd for saying their bit, even though he is prepared to stick up for his product that he perceived was being slandered.

But you're right. Totally unnecessary for him to provide such an assurance in advance. It's not like anyone round here ever jumps to conclusions or anything....
  13. Jdeks

Oddometer:

'Your honor, the defendant implicitly threatened he would punch my client in the face, for saying his drink was bad. '

'And how did he do this? '

' He was overheard by several witnesses clearly saying: "I have no intention to punch you in the face". '

'And did he punch your client in the face? '

'No, Your Honor. He offered him a free drink. '
  14. Davey_sprockeT

Davey_sprockeT Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Anyway, after everyones' wading into this debate, I'd be interested in the "Forma Adventure Boot" sales figures....
    Who would vote heading North?
    Who would vote heading South?

Let's see what you're all thinking......:1drink
  15. Ockrocket

Ockrocket Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have had some recent direct communication with Darren, he is indeed the Australian supplier that I had my boots returned to for a warranty claim.

He also admitted that in hindsight he could have approached the thread post differently with his response.

It seems Richo (the OP) has also cleared up the situation with Darren privately.

I will defend Darren from the point of view that he realised and admitted he could have been more tactful in defence of the products he imports.

How many here (me included) have never fu**ed up and made comments without thinking it through?
    I've pissed some of you off with poorly phrased or thought out comments before.

How many who have stuffed up then have the balls to rectify the situation by contacting someone to clear the air over it?

Try to cut Darren some slack, he's just a bloke trying to survive this world, just like the rest of us.

And the Forma Adventure boots are bloody good.
    You will be missing out if you don't consider them purely based on a few comments in this thread.
    Needless to say, you need to make sure they are appropriate for the riding you will be doing.
  16. richo360

richo360 Long timer

Oddometer:

As officer for the prosecution, it is my contention that Mr JDeks has indeed stated he will not be shouting drinks at the Dargo Hotel next Saturday night your worship.
    The right dishonourable AusGoFar will represent in his defence.
    I hope I'm wearing decent protective boots, there may well be some stumbling about.
    ::1drink
  17. FuzzyDunlop

FuzzyDunlop Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It appears I'm a bit late to the party here, but I had my Tiger 800 land on my leg in a low speed off while on the Big River Road auditioning to be a an oncoming Navara's hood ornament. I was wearing a pair of these boots and I escaped with a massive bruise down my leg. Recon it could have been a lot worse without the protection.

That said I don't find these boots very comfy to walk around in, but others think I'm crazy and say they are comfy like slippers.
  18. Precis

Precis Maladroit malcontent

Oddometer:
    So, are you getting a free drink?:rofl

Uh, when you, I or anyone else inadvertantly annoyed anyone here, we generally weren't representing the business which provides part or all of our livelihoods.

With respect, the satisfactory service you received was what anyone would expect to receive over a defective $300 product: replace or repair, promptly and friendly.
    Forma boots may be good - but there are alternatives. Some will be good, some bad, some cheaper, some dearer. Hopefully none come with litigation.
    Perhaps what this thread has amply demonstrated - and which some of us errr, more mature guys might not have previously encountered - is the power of social media: one individual's experience or opinion is widely heard - and so are ill-considered remarks made in haste.

But yes, the right tools for the job are a basic consideration.
  19. bully1

bully1 Long timer

Oddometer:

For some on here it is the only type of jumping that they do:lol3
  20. pete40

pete40 Life Behind Bars

Oddometer:
    Gee the internet is funny - the written word sometimes is so misconstrued.

I quoted what was said for you guns going off half-cocked.

The way I read it was.....

OP put some pretty heavy shit on Forma Boots - unintentionally.

Forma man states clearly he has no intention of pursuing legal action but wants to defend his product - what's wrong with that?

I bought a pair of Forma Adventure boots after the numerous recommendations on advrider.com - I use them on my 950 mainly for the comfort on the longer rides. They are more practical, and of course they offer less protection than my Sidi Crossfires which I use on all my enduro rides.

I thought the Forma Adventures looked pretty much like trials boots as well, so I also use them on my trials bike, for which they seem to be ideal as well.