An Introduction

Discussion in 'Alaska' started by Krizematik, May 28, 2010.

1. Krizematik

Krizematik ...Shiny!

Oddometer:
    Hello Everyone,

I am a long time ADVrider lurker, and I just wanted to briefly introduce myself. Name is Alex, and I recently ventured into the realms of adventure riding. I had been riding a '08 Yamaha XT250, but, this spring I decided to upgrade to a BMW F800GS. I am looking quite forward to getting to know some fellow riders up north, and hope to partake in some rides around this massive state of ours. I am currently residing in Fairbanks (lived here my whole life), and so far this year I ventured out on the Harley Fun Ride to Chatanika Lodge (any of you fellows out there this year?). It was a lot of fun, but left me wanting more.

[​IMG]

Anyway, again, just wanted to introduce myself. If any of you folks want to meet me, I am currently working at the Mac Haus. Pop in, ask for Alex, and I'll come say "Hi".

Quasi-unrelated note: I am currently down in Ketchikan visiting in-laws, and I noticed an F800GS around town with ADV stickers on it. I was just wondering if anyone knew who it was, or if he is still an active member... Either way, Nice bike!
  2. Tom S

Tom S Can I ride it?

Oddometer:
  3. Tom327Cat

Tom327Cat T-Dub rider

Oddometer:
    :baldy
    Am I the only person on the Alaska Adv forums with the gall to post without BMW/KLR ownership?
    I just want everyone to know that I TURNED DOWN an F800GS to purchase a Versys. Just ask Kieth. So if anyone else is out there riding around on an old CB, DR or XT, don't be afraid to post. I'm here for you buddy!
  4. klrdave

klrdave misguided

Oddometer:
    Welcome Alex!
    I guess DRs are OK too! :rofl
  5. AKtracks

AKtracks Kilted Fükengrüver

Oddometer:

But I hear they're ugly. :lol3

:wave Hiya, HayDuchessLives, it was nice meeting you today. :wave

Oh, and Hiya, Alex...welcome to the asylum.
  6. AKDuc

AKDuc Alaska Born Ducatisti

Oddometer:
    Hello and welcome.

Mark H.
  7. Juvat

Juvat Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi!
  8. Solarmoose

Solarmoose electric Supporter

Oddometer:
    hey new guy, you missed an ADV gathering here in Fairbanks last night at my shop. we had a great time. met some new people I didn't know. some I even want to meet twice. you gotta keep up with all us gray haired geezers :roflwe move fast. after a power nap of course. the next gathering is at aktracks place on the 4th of July. he's got a thread started on it already. welcome. Nice Ride! The only brand to own!
  9. legion

legion Honking the Horn

Oddometer:
    Beautiful bike, Alex. See you on the road.

Gonna make D2D?
  10. sealteam4

sealteam4 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Nice bike Alex, I have the same exact bike with a couple of extras. congrats on the bike you wont regret it.:thumb
  11. ColininKodiak

ColininKodiak (not in Kodiak)

Oddometer:
    Did I meet you at the gas station outside Talkeetna the other day? You were heading south with another guy on a R1200GS? If so I was the guy with the R100. Welcome to ADV. :1drink
  12. Krizematik

Krizematik ...Shiny!

Oddometer:
    Sadly was not me. My bike has been sitting all alone for the last week while I was down in Ketchikan.

Regarding D2D: I wont make it this year. I was laid off shortly after I bought my bike, and just recently re acquired a job, so, fairly low on funding at this time! Hopefully next year.

Having said that, I am all in for any local / shortish rides around the state. I'll do my best to make as many of them as I can.

Thank you all for the warm welcome!
  13. beamertwin

beamertwin Paul

Oddometer:
    Hi and welcome....see you on the road

Paul