How To Get Stuff Shipped In Advance In Mexico?

Discussion in 'Latin America' started by Two Moto Kiwis, Nov 5, 2012.

1. SR

SR Long timer

Oddometer:
    For your decision making process, Suzuki in Monterrey quoted all factory OEM parts.

Front Sprocket 497 Pesos
    Rear Sproket 850 Pesos
    Chain 3,030 Pesos

They dont have the parts in stock so they need 1 week to deliver.
  2. Two Moto Kiwis

Two Moto Kiwis Homeless Somewhere

Oddometer:
    Thanks SR, the adv tree has looked after us, Jim (going south) is taking delivery of the goodies so we are good to go.

I would like to think all the years of paying it forward for ADVers in NZ has given us this good karma (and Jims generosity) :clap

Either way all will be sorted, we are in Yecora tonight, Creel tomorrow!!
  3. SR

SR Long timer

Oddometer:
    Excellent! Nice work GoingSouth,:freaky. Moto Kiwis you don't have a sprocket problem until your front sprocket starts skipping. Then you can tighten up the chain for a couple of days until the sprocket becomes completely smooth and doesnt get traction when you accelerate or go up hills! Then you have a problem :cry:rofl

Don't even think about going to Chihuahua city from Creel. Take 24 to Guachochi to Parral. It is one of the best motorcycle roads in Mexico.

South from Parral to DGO consider the route through Santa Maria del Oro and Tepehuanes instead of the highway. It is kind of isolated and takes a little longer but it is more scenic and the road is newly paved and beautiful. If you come through DGO give me a shout.

GoingSouth, we are also heading to Maz in Wednesday for a few days. We should meet up for a cheve and a chat.

Saludos all
    SR
  4. Two Moto Kiwis

Two Moto Kiwis Homeless Somewhere

Oddometer:
    Great advice thank you SR, we sure will be staying off the highways and taking the scenic route so your advice is timely and welcomed.

Re the sprocket, I do have a spare ready at hand if it goes past the smooth stage :D ..... Ellens I think will be sweet as her bike has about 1000 miles less and her arse is half the size of mine so here sprocket hasn't worn as much.

Clicked over 19200 miles today (30720km) on that set :eek1

We would love to meet up with you for sure, if I can buy you a beer for your help would be cool, let us know.
  5. going south

going south hero & Zero...

Oddometer:
    SR. Absolutely! I would like that, & if we time it right we can get the Kiwis to buy,:freaky

Just kidding A&E...:lol3 That would not be a good Idea my first days out of jail... I mean job...:lol3
  6. SR

SR Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sounds good. We will nail it down next week. We are leaving next Wednesday (21st) an staying until Sunday. We love Mazatlan for Thanksgiving!
  7. going south

Oddometer:
    Ok.... I am now in Seattle... late i know... Akutan & Akun Island are not easy to get out of... & it's not cause of the fun!!!!
    so I should land in Mazatlan Wednesday with said parts... and life will be good... I think....

salud Jim...
  8. going south

Oddometer:
    Hey I have sent you 2 P.M's but I don't think they are going through, my computer has been acting up lately, and it's brand new.... sooo you have my phone # and I have yours, you can try a pm see what happens..

cheers Jim...