Drz400 Thread

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Britmick, May 4, 2007.

1. FBR

FBR Long timer

Oddometer:
    I want to set my sag on my SM. Is there an easy way to set the rear? What a pain to get to!
  2. FBR

FBR Long timer

Oddometer:
    Check out the Vee Rubber VRM - 163's. I saw them on ebay. I don't know if they are any good, but they look nice. 17" from 120's to 160's. I have not been able to find any reviews on them yet. I think I am gonna order a set to try them out.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vee-Rubber-...Parts_Accessories&hash=item460496cbca&vxp=mtr
  3. Tifun

Tifun Hoodcats

Oddometer:
    I'm not too concerned with how the tire looks as opposed to how it performs. I really want 80/20 tires so I can hit fire roads and some light trails with a bit more confidence that the nose will go where I push it haha.
  4. Starchamp

Starchamp Rebel Scum

Oddometer:
    You should be able to get to the adjusting rings with a long-ish flat screwdriver by taking off the right side panel; work from the rear/left side of the reservoir to tighten, and the front/right side to loosen.
  5. redleger

redleger Horrible Mechanic

Oddometer:
    Now if only it was a one man job. I tried to get my wife to help me but that ended with alot of butt hurt.
  6. FBR

FBR Long timer

Oddometer:
    I got it set. I thought I could use my spanner wrench, but went with the ole hammer and screw driver. Ugly, but effective. Thanks for the info!
  7. outlaws

outlaws Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey All, I am trying to wire up some LED lights to the bike but I can't seem to find where the +12V accessory wire comes from in the harness particularly the one that turns on when you switch the key into On position. Anyone had any luck trying to tap into the +12V accessory wire to turn on the leds through a relay? Thanks
  8. cyberdos

cyberdos Easy Bonus Loop ♦♦

Oddometer:
    I tapped off of the high beam + wire. That way when I flick it to high the LED's are triggered through the relay. On low beam they turn off.
  9. zpooch

zpooch Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have a plated 02 400e. It currently has stock bars and a single mickey mouse mirror. Looks terrible and not a fan of the bars. What do you guys suggest for a fat bar, risers and mirrors that will both be functional and not in the way? and easily mount my Trail Tech Endurance? pics?
  10. redleger

Oddometer:
    I use pro taper. The mirror is garbage but folds in for off road.

[​IMG]

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
  11. zpooch

zpooch Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    what bend? risers? fat bar or stock?
  12. redleger

Oddometer:
    Fat bars no risers and I dang sure can't remember the bend.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
  13. PhiSig1071

PhiSig1071 Friendly Neighborhood Privateer

Oddometer:
    Anybody have an E model and run a Giant Loop Coyote? What do you attach the left side bag to? I don't have passenger pegs, and there's no frame guard/cover. I was thinking of buying a master cylinder guard and cutting it down to make a mount, any other ideas?
  14. Vzuke

Vzuke Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    For the person looking for a pipe guard I found one at Wheeling Cycle Supply for my wife's bike. I ordered a Yoshimura for her bike and it didn't come with anything. This one was a little pricey but if you do a web search you may be able to find another type.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  15. Dell_dude

Dell_dude Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That's the same one I have on my FMF Q4 (using brackets from http://www.mrd-racing.com since the FMF doesn't have the heat shield mounting on it).
  16. Vzuke

Vzuke Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Did a little more digging.

[​IMG]
  17. One Less Harley

One Less Harley OH.THAT'S GONNA HURT

Oddometer:
    speaking of pipe guards, the FMF Q4 with power bomb pipe didn't have attachments for a guard. So I cut off the tabs off the stock pipe and welded them on the power bomb pipe. Nice look IMO.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

then a muffler guard out of some spare stainless sheet, and blind rivets to pop it in place.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  18. threadkiller

threadkiller Long timer

Oddometer:
    Go around the frame. NOT the sub frame. Watch how you route it so you don't cause any chafing to any electrical wiring.
  19. Psycho18th

Psycho18th Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    For mine, I used Rocky Mountain bar risers, and bars, then some good folding mirrors you can find on any moto site, but I also got from Rocky Mountain. The brand of the bars and risers is tusk, and I've used them on several bikes with good results and lots of off-road abuse. The risers are about an inch and a half, the bars are CR hi bend. You will also need to add a threaded mirror holder to your brake and clutch mount. Rocky Mountain, sicass racing, or several places on Amazon sell them. On the clutch side, I use a separate mirror holder bracket, as I'm using an aftermarket clutch perch that there isn't a mirror holder for. I flipped the throttle to get more slack in the cables. Once you raise the bars, you'll need to make sure you have enough slack on the throttle and clutch cables for lock to lock bar movement. Flipping the throttle housing adds an inch or two of slop.
    Some pics:
    This is a cockpit view.
    [​IMG]
    The bar risers.
    [​IMG]
    I put my endurance where the stock odo sat.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Psycho
  20. Tropic-Of-Canada

Tropic-Of-Canada Guru of Shoe Goo

Oddometer:
    twice yesterday, I was having some issues. Had power, but the starter would not turn over. I would just get the clicking sound of a relay from under the seat. I then tried to bump start it twice unsucessfully. Right after, I hit the magic button, and it fired up!

I guessed a loose wire, but upon quick inspection found nothing.

400S btw, Battery is fresh, no clutch switch, no sidestand or neutral switch either...

I always need choke unless it's really hot out. Sometimes when the bike stalls from being cold, an abrupt, loud clunk happens... Is this a trouble sign? I hope the non-starting is just wires and not something trying to sieze....